4701 S Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head, North Carolina, 27959, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Nag's Head Inn A Pleasant Change!

We recently enjoyed a 5 day stay at the Nag's Head Inn. Usually stay at one of the chains, but did not have a reservation this time. A waitress at a local restaurant turned us on to the Nag's Head Inn. Beautiful Oceanfront, with manicured lawn, wide beach frontage and the most knowledgable "local" staff we've met over there. They sent us to great restaurants we never knew existed! Super Clean, spacious rooms, AND THE AIR CONDITIONER WORKED!!

Bunnie Davis
    Raleigh, NC

Unique Quality: This place is in the middle of everything! If location, location, location, means anything at all The Nag's Head Inn is IT! We'll definitely go back there.

Directions: On the oceanfront at Mile Marker 14 Nag's Head

• Boycott The Nags Head Inn

I just stayed at the Nags Head Inn with a dear friend. A round of chemotherapy had left her with terrible pain and severe blistering of her feet. Being the optimist that she is, she hoped to feel better by the time we checked out, two days later (since the house we reserved would not be ready until mid-afternoon on check-out day). We knew if her condition did not improve, she could not endure the period from hotel check-out to beach house check-in without an appropriate place to rest (i.e., in a bed with her feet elevated). Unfortunately, her condition did not improve, and we were left with a dilemma.

Hoping to find compassion at the Nags Head Inn, I asked if we could stay a few hours past check-out, given the extraordinary circumstances. Much to my surprise, the answer was no. I was told their policy is to charge an extra day to anyone who stays past check-out. I questioned many employees about this, including the general manager, and received the same response. Not wanting to let this regrettable episode ruin what would otherwise turn out to be a very nice vacation, I paid the additional $175 so we could stay the extra few hours.

The staff insisted this was necessary, since housekeeping could not have our room ready in time for others if our check-out was delayed at all. I found this difficult to believe, and my disbelief was soon validated, as there were a number of housekeepers still cleaning the rooms on our floor when we checked out later that day. Assuming the cleaning of all rooms does not begin right at check-out, and we could have stayed somewhat longer without rendering the room unavailable, I can only come to the conclusion that the motivation for charging us an extra day was greed. It is apparent that the Nags Head Inn is much more concerned with their customers' wallets than with the customers themselves. I sincerely hope that no one associated with the Nags Head Inn is ever affected by the scourge of cancer, but if they are, I pray that they find more compassion in their journeys than did we.

Unique Quality: EMAIL THE NAGS HEAD INN AT info@nagsheadinn.com
    CALL THE NAGS HEAD INN AT 1 (800) 327-8881

More about Nags Head Inn

NC outer banks

by kareau

Hi everybody!

I would like to spend a few days at the OBX in NC. Do you have suggestions for an inexpensive hotel?
Thanks!