Rodeway Inn and Suites

7218 S Virginia Dare Trail, PO Box 367 MP 16.5, Nags Head, North Carolina, 27959, United States
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Tingo.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

More about Nags Head

Tanger OutletTanger Outlet

Sillouhete Lighthouse create a gothic lookSillouhete Lighthouse create a gothic look

one of many Outer Bank beachesone of many Outer Bank beaches

Mmm... beerMmm... beer

Jellifish

by shelly1216

I would like to know what kind of jellifish are the clear blobs on the beach at Nags Head Outer Banks. They remind me of sylicone inplants. They do not have any tenicles.

Re: Jellifish

by steelstud

Hi Shelly, they were probably Moon Jellies they are pretty common and I have seen them while diving up here off Long Island recently. They actually have microscopic cillia instead of tentacles but can still sting. And while I haven't seen any silicone implants while diving I have seen quite a few on the beach! It's funny that you descrbed the jellyfish that way because my daughter said the same thing a couple weeks ago after a dive. I attribute it to Dr. 90210 on tv.
Ed

Travel Tips for Nags Head

Jockey Ridge State Park

by grandmaR

We didn't visit Jockey Ridge State Park, but it has the tallest natural sand dune system in the Eastern United States. I understand that there is an amazing view from the top of the dunes.

But I was not in good enough physical shape to climb the dunes. The park is free

I had a hard time getting a picture of the park entrance road But I took this picture quite near there at Milepost 13, just south of Jockey's Ridge State Park, on US 158 in the heart of old Nags Head. The picture has a sign indicating the Nag's Head Church (which is Baptist)

The church's physical address: 105 W. Soundside Road, Nags Head, NC 27959-0302

Phone Number: 252-441-7548

You can email us at catchthewave@nagsheadchurch.org

Pelicans

by tpangelinan

As you lay on the beach you will see many pelican flying over head. They are here every time we are in September, not sure if they are migrating or not. You can also catch them fishing. Hope they don't release any little bombs!

My first trip to Nags Head, 3 August 1975

by b1bob

Without a doubt, the fondest memory of Nags Head was the first visit from Sunday 3 August to Thursday 7 August 1975. Not to sell subsequent visits short, but everything was new and I was just loving every minute of it. PHOTO (5 August 1975): I was sitting on the air conditioning unit at Ramada Inn room 623. The ocean front room had a balcony.

One evening after supper, round about dusk, my mama and I decided to walk on the beach. There was a distant thunderstorm just off the coast. Sure enough, I saw the tentacles of lightning. At that age (pushing 6), I was deathly afraid of thunderstorms. So, I was FLAT GETTIN' IT (that is, Bruce Jenner, eat your heart out) down the beach towards the hotel with my eyes closed. (I don't think I moved that fast until almost 14 years later in Monaco.) I was moving at the aforesaid good clip until I ran head long into a fat lady's belly, which knocked this 40 pound (18 kg.) kid plumb on his bum. Mama still hadn't caught up with me. I ran into the hotel and got on the lift before she could catch up with me. I saw her as the doors closed. I knew to hit the 6th floor button because I had seen daddy do it. However, Mama says she could her me scream, "MAMAAA!" from 6 floors up.

You'd think the story would end as we were reunited outside room 623, but it didn't. As mama and daddy were watching what passed for prime time entertainment, I was sitting on the air conditioning unit watching the sky. At the same time I saw offshore lightning, the air conditioning unit rumbled. I thought I had been hit and I screamed (even louder than during my solo ride in the lift), jumped high (I could have been a contender in the broad and high jumps in Montreal the following year as well as the sprint events), and landed in bed under the covers.

Safe Sea

by b1bob

Believe it or not, there is a sun block that is supposed to protect you from the stings of jellyfish which can ruin a beach holiday. Before you go, order or get Safe Sea because an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Fishing Unlimited

by grandmaR

I have not rented a boat from these people. Their ad in the phone book says, Be your own captain - Rental boats for fishing crabbing or cruising Roanoke Sound.

16' outboards & 20' pontoon boats for resnt 1/2 day or all day

This is their Roanoke Sound location where they have a 300 foot fishing and crabbing pier and the fishing boat rental. They also have a Tackle Shop, and an 800 foot Outer Banks Fishing Pier.

Comments