New Bern has many historic churches. The first photo is of Christ Episcopal Church at 320 Pollock St. The churchyard stretches to either side of the main sanctuary. In the eighteenth century it served as a burial ground. In the aftermath of several yellow fever epidemics, the churchyard had filled with graves and was closed by 1799.
The second photo is of First Presbyterian Church which is New England-like in style and rises in four steps. The cornerstone for the church was laid in 1819 and church building was dedicated in 1822.
The third and fourth photos are of the Old Methodist Parsonage which is near the New Bern Academy. The last photo is the historic sign about Christ Episcopal Church.