Ocracoke Island Hotels

Our Members Say

• t368504 profile photo t368504
  • Reviews: 9

Castle Hotel: Great B&B

Very nice hotel - the rooms are very nice, the common areas even nicer (we loved the billiard room), breakfast was excellent, and lots of extra facilities like pool, sauna, even a fish cleaning station. Intimate and low key.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches
  • Written July 4, 2012

• ciceropig profile photo ciceropig

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Blackbeards Lodge: A Lucky Choic!

This was the first time I ever stayed for any length of time on Ocracoke and my choice of hotels was certainly one I do not regret making. Blackbeards lodge gets top rating from my wife and myself. Though we were there on off season(Nov) it was truly a pleasure. The atmosphere like a previous post on Blackbeard's is truly Bogey and Bacall. Piano, statue of Edward Teach and other amenities made out stay enjoyable. Even Blackbeard II, the house cat was of a righteous and amiable nature and more then eager to flop down on your lap. The rooms were spotless and the cleanup was meticulous. The hosts were more then friendly when barraged with some of my stupid questions and offered suggestions on the local area to make our stay more enjoyable. We plan to go back next year to Ocracoke and I assure you we will stay at Blackbeards. The cost was reasonable at about 85.00 and while the building is old like most others on Ocracoke everything worked as far as I could tell. As far as the ghosts go, I didnt see, hear or feel any. Darn it!

• Written November 17, 2008

• JillPotter profile photo JillPotter

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ponly Island Motel: Where we always stay.

Pony Island is a very family friendly place with any type of room you might want.
They have a pool and a restaurant on site.
We most recently stayed in one of their suites-be ready to climb 3 flights-and really enjoyed it. The room was great and had just the right amenities: sleeper sofa, kitchenette with fridge, microwave, coffee pot, stove top, separate room with jacuzzi, and a balcony. Cool decorations too.
We stay at Pony Island once or twice a year. Wouldn't really think of staying anywhere else because it fits our needs (we like the outside entrance to the rooms so you can take off your fishing waders/beach clothes and not muck up the inside too).
Don't expect loyalty to get you any type of discount, though. Trying to budget for today's economy for my very small wedding, I asked if there was a possibility for a small discount in the name of frequent guests on their honeymoon-didn't even get a response back.

Pool, restaurant, nice view from the 2nd and especially 3rd floor front balconys.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written October 8, 2008

Pony Island Motel

• xdescendx profile photo xdescendx
  • Reviews: 65

Blackbeards Lodge: Oldest on the Island

This place was great! Very clean and the staff is very kind and informative. Chip Stevens is the proprietor. He's very friendlyand knowlegable about everything on the island. I recommend this place to anyone who's looking for a reasonable place to stay on the island. Most rooms have small refrigerators, with all having air-conditioning units, satellite TV and private bathrooms. Pet friendly rooms are available. If you have children, theres a gameroom and swimming pool on the property as well as a grill if you don't have one.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Water Sports, Fishing
  • Written July 5, 2007

• Shihar profile photo Shihar
  • Reviews: 312

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Teeter's Campground: Teeter's Campground

There is definately a abundance of hotels and condos to stay at on this small island. We wanted to camp and since it was off season, we only had a choice between only 2 different private campgrounds. (Teeter's or Beachcombers)

I can't really say I would recommend Teeter's. The campground was noisy and crowded and for about $20 for tent camps we expected more. During the peak-season you can make reservations at National Park Service campgrounds on the beach.

Teeters has 2 small dirty showers with hot water. Electic, cable

Open March 1-November 30th.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Road Trip, National/State Park
  • Written April 9, 2006
Tip Photo

• newbernsigns profile photo newbernsigns

Slap Me 5 Houseboat: As close as Waterfront gets

Ocracoke is always a good time. I was referred at Howard's Pub to the Slap Me 5. It was a blast. The Slap Me 5 is a 60 foot houseboat with a 60 foot sundeck on top. It had 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and kitchen. The sunsets are beautiful and encompass you while on the sundeck. Offers the perfect location on the island.

60 foot Sundeck
Great sunset View
Great view over Silver Lake

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 19, 2006

Experience Tranquility

• phastphreddy profile photo phastphreddy
  • Reviews: 47

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Blackbeard's Lodge: Ocracoke Atmosphere

All right, this place has ambiance. Atmosphere is a big plus in my book, and this place has got it. OK, there are no telephones in the rooms, but I don’t really count that as a negative, and it certainly doesn’t count against the atmosphere. You could easily imagine this being the setting of a Bogart, Bacall movie.

Oh, and it’s supposed to be haunted too.

I can’t now remember the room number, but there have reportedly been some very bizarre occurrences in one of the rooms on the second floor. Televisions coming on at full volume when nobody was in the room, AC going haywire, all kinds of things. If you’re there ask the owner, she’ll fill you in on some the details.

I can tell you that I was walking the halls of the hotel at 4:00am (my dad snores really badly), and the place sounded like it was alive. There were creaking’s and groaning's and all sorts of creepy sounds. Strangely enough, they aren’t there in the light of day.

Weird, huh?

Ok, on to other things. There was a coffee maker in my room but they didn’t have any coffee in the room. They had to grind the beans for me downstairs (which they were very happy to do). They also have free coffee downstairs, along with a bowl of fruit that’s not just decoration. There’s a nice sitting room, a game room (pool, Pac Man, etc) and a screened in front porch with vending machines on it. Oh, and there is a pay phone outside, on the unscreened part of the porch, but if you use it than you’re really wasting the whole experience in my opinion.

The rooms start at around $90.00 or so, a room with one double bed and one twin bed for me and my dad ran us about a hundred a night. They apparently have a room with a whirlpool bath (Jacuzzi lite?) for $130 or so. They also have apartment style rooms available. It’s not a luxury hotel, and I’m sure that there are cheaper places on the island, but they’re crap and this place has some real old time class.

• Written July 28, 2005