2000 Fearrington Village Ctr, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Expedia.com Orbitz.com AMOMA.com

More about The Fearrington House

Moving to Western North Carolina

by JustaFirstTimer

We are thinking about moving to western North Carolina. Does anyone know any housing communities that have a clubhouse and pool or even a resort that has private housing. We're retired, but we're too young for an over 55 community. We don't know anyone in North Carolina so while we love our privacy we also need to live where we can meet some people. So far the only places I have heard about are Connesstee Falls and Lake Lure, any comments or information on these two places would also be appreciated. Thanks

by taldecual

You say that you are young right......? well, from my own experience and personal viw point... Nort Carilina is the wrong place to fo.! =)

by Beausoleil

Just lost my post. I'll try again. This is not western NC but it is a lovely place. Have you heard of or checked Fearrington, NC. It is south of Chapel Hill and Carrboro set in the countryside. RB Fitch has built a development of beautifully designed modern homes around an old southern mansion, Fearrington House, that serves as a B&B and excellent restaurant. There is a village center with nice shops or you can easily drive to Chapel Hill, Raleigh or even Durham. There is a mixture of ages and all are very friendly.

Here's a web site: http://www.fearrington.com/

You could also consider Pinehurst although it's a bit too flat there for my tastes. Hillsborough is west of Chapel Hill and is a lovely old historic village near enough Chapel Hill and Raleigh for arts and entertainment.

Good luck.

by bearhunter36

good lord stay away from those tourist traps pick up a map and get in your car and come see the best area in the nation, all you have to do is ride thriugh the mountains until you find what you want we have it all here in WNC pools? we have crystal clear rivers and lakes and you want a pool? seriously though there are many communities/resorts and housing communities thruout the mountains and all have the ammenaties you want but thats not condusive to privacy

Re: Moving to Western North Carolina

by JustaFirstTimer

Bearhunter, YOU ARE SO RIGHT! We drove up for about a week to look around----it's beautiful and the people are so friendly and nice. I realize we definitely do NOT need or want a housing community. Lake Lure area looked way too touristy, but I really loved Translyvania County. Now that I'm back home and looking on the computer, I've found a lot of nice land around Waynesville. Is this area nice? How does it compare to Transylvania County or Lake Lure?

Comments