Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast

Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
Priceline.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Charming B & B in Restored 1890's Home

UPDATE: Rachel Reid (the owner along with her husband Ron when we stayed) passed away after a short illness in 2012. A new husband and wife team have taken over in November 2012. I hope they have success with this new venture in a wonderful part of North Carolina.

While planning for our trip to the Asheville, North Carolina area in early October, 2009 I began looking around at various places to stay within the Asheville area. I thought I might first use some of my Marriott points, but even the mid price range Marriott accommodations were going to take too many points. I then started looking at some other facilities and either didn't like the look of the place or the reviews I was reading. I then broadened my distance parameters a little and eventually came across Andon Reid Bed and Breakfast in Waynesville a town about 30 miles east of Asheville. What I read from the reviews convinced me that this was a place that we should use as our base for the 3 days in the area.

We were not disappointed in any way. Ron and Rachel Reid were our congenial hosts in their 5 bedroom home for our stay and from the moment we met Rachel at the back door (after having talked to her from the Chocolate store in town to help us find their place) it was almost like we had run across an old friend.

After we met Rachel she gave us a quick tour of her house and then showed us up to our room on the second floor. Of the five rooms in the house for guests, four of them are on the 2nd floor (or 1st floor for our European friends). Our room was the smallest one, but there was still plenty of room for the 2 of us. The room included a rocking chair, working fireplace, queen size bed, a very large chest of drawers for our clothing and a couple of night stands.

Unique Quality: DESSERT FOR BREAKFAST How can the day not start out just right when the 3rd course of the breakfast is dessert? In the pictures I have for this tip I will tempt you with one of the breakfasts we had and then you can follow along with the other tips I am posting for the B & B.

And what can you do after that scrumptious breakfast. Well you could go downstairs and walk or run a little on the treadmill or maybe use the elyptical machine. Or perhaps lift some of the weights, use the resistance bands or perhaps even take a sauna to sweat off a few of those extra pounds. Yes, downstairs you will find an exercise area that would make most of the regular chain hotels that promote their exercise facilities proud. Now, I didn't exercise after breakfast (served promptly at 8:30 a.m.), but used the equipment twice during our stay before breakfast.

You can also relax either downstairs and watch TV or perhaps put in one of the many videos they have on hand, or maybe you'd like to hoist a glass or two of wine at the homemade bar. You can also spend time upstairs, where reading material about the area, snacks, soft drinks, candy and games are available for you to enjoy with old or new found friends.

We didn't stay long enough to enjoy the outdoor surroundings at Andon Reid, but you could roast marshmallows or just swing the day away looking at the mountains from the porch swing.

Directions: In a residential area, so look at a detailed map of Waynesville before you go.

More about Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast

Loved this B&B

by TripAdvisor Member agj28

This was a great place to stay in Waynesville. It is close to everything you would want to do and the house is beautiful. We feflt so welcomed and also had privacy to make this vacation our own. We used the outdoor fire pit at night and went exploring during the day to come back to the wonderful ammenities at the house. Ron and Rachel are fabolous hosts. We will definately return again!

Great B&B!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jayruu77

You really can't say enough good things about this B&B and its proprietors, Rachel and Ron. My wife and I stayed here for our 1 year anniv and couldn't have been happier with our decision. We stayed in the Grand Library suite which boasts an enormous bathroom with huge jacuzzi tub and fireplace, very romantic. And the room is situated on the first floor in the front of the house which provides total privacy. Yet even as spectacular as the room is, it pales in comparison to the breakfasts. Yes, they are THAT good. One looks forward to Rachel's concoctions the moment of awakening. Paired with spirited table service by Ron, it's the perfect way to start your day in the NC mountains. Not sure how Rachel and Ron do it day in and day out but thank god they do. We shall definitely return!

Felt like home...

by TripAdvisor Member BZSooz

I was in Waynesville for business and decided to try a local B and B. As I was greeted by Ron and Rachel at the front door, I felt like I was at home or even better. The Andon-Reid is a grand home. All the rooms were well decorated with working fireplaces. After a long day on the road, coming back to the B and B was comforting to know that Ron and Rachel could take care of all my needs. The breakfest in the mornings are the best I ever had at any B and B. They are health conscious, so the food they serve in the morning will keep you energetic all day. They also have all the equipment you need for a great workout. I can't wait to travel back to Waynesville to stay at my "home away from home".
Paul Solomon
Parkland, Florida

our best b & b ever

by TripAdvisor Member bittybetty

My husband & I recently spent several nights at the Reids B&B.
Wow, what a terriffic experience! Everything from outstanding suggestions to local restaurants with outstanding food to the great breakfasts prepared at the Inn.

The commercial cardio equipment set up in front of the t.v. to the pool table, dart game & suffle board made decisions on what to do next difficult.

The rooms are beautifully decorated, quiet and comfortable. Cake and/or cookies were set on the bar in font of the big screen t.v. every night.

What more could we ask for. We're looking forward to going back & visit two great inn keepers.

Thanks Ron & Rachel,

Bruce & Emily Morse

Annapolis, Md.

Cannot say enough!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member TripTipNC

Ron and Rachael are the very best in town! We felt pampered the moment we stepped in the door. We stayed a weekend and we did not want to leave!! They are amazing hosts and the food, ahhh, to die for. You could eat breakfast and be too full to eat dinner that night. I cannot say enough about our stay. My fiance' and I are planning to get married in Jamaica in the spring but we were so touched by the warm feelings of our stay with Andon-Reid that we are thinking of contacting Rachael and Ron about getting married here!! LOVED IT!!!!

Loved Andon Reid Inn

by TripAdvisor Member mamiesr64

We were extremely fortunate to find the Andon-Reid Inn. It became our place to stay during visits from Tampa while our mountain home was being built. Ron and Rachel are perfect hosts. Their home is beautifully furnished and most of all, they make you feel like family.
The large “family room” is comfy and inviting with a nice fireplace and large TV. We enjoyed the downstairs exercise/game area too. The home is perch on top of a hill in a quite neighborhood close to the town of Waynesville - which is an artsy, surprisingly sophisticated town, with some wonderful shops and several superb, upscale restaurants. We’ve stayed in every room in the house. My favorite is the Grand Library with the large bathroom and tub. It is on the main floor and is secluded from the rest of the house and rooms. Of the less expensive rooms, my favorite is the Mountain View room – but I may be biased, as it looks toward the mountain our new home is on. All the rooms are really, very nice. Roomy with comfortable beds and linens. Rachel’s breakfasts are beyond words – appetizing, plentiful and truly delicious. It is definitely not your basic muffins/coffee/
uice, but a real breakfast - and it always includes dessert!!! Now that our house is finished – I will miss staying at the Andon-Reid Inn
and waking up to the yummy breakfast and visiting with Ron and Rachel.
I’ll have to sneak down the mountain and find an empty place at the breakfast table – hoping they don’t notice I’m not a current guest :0)

Loved the Andon-Reid

by TripAdvisor Member DukeAndLeo

We just returned from a 3-night stay at the Andon-Reid in Waynesville, NC. We were first-timers at a bed and breakfast and weren't sure what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised. We found the house to be large and yet delightfully cozy, well-appointed and perfectly clean. Our room had a fireplace, jacuzzi tub, 4 season room - and the bed was divine. Breakfast is certainly the highlight at the Andon-Reid, where Ron and Rachel served up a four course breakfast every morning. I was especially pleased as a vegetarian, as delicious, vegetarian-friendly dishes were made specifically for me each morning.

Could go on and on about our wonderful experience. You won't be disappointed by a stay at the Andon-Reid!

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member mbmcl

We picked the Andon-Reid Inn by looking at their website and based on Trip Advisor ratings and it definitely lived up to its billing. The rooms are lovely with many amenities and thoughtful touches (plush bathrobes, mini fridges, wine glasses, etc.). We stayed in the Grand Library Suite which included a jacuzzi and two fireplaces. The included breakfast is incredible--very plentiful and really good. They also provide sodas and snacks during the day (including home baked goodies in the evening). The innkeepers (Rachel & Ron) are extremely friendly and helpful. Common areas include a glassed-in garden room with a fireplace and a large screen tv and a downstairs recreation room with pool table, darts, exercise equipment, another tv with a good selection of dvds, etc. The inn is very convenient to Waynesville and a short drive from Asheville. I definitely recommend this inn as a place for a relaxing getaway.

The Grand Library is a "study" of grand elegance

by TripAdvisor Member mntnluvrs

Ron and Rachel Reid are the innkeepers of this beautiful B&B as well as hosts. They both are such wonderful people you feel that their home is yours. The Grand Library Suite is exquisite, it has a king size bed, top of the line bedding done in creams and gold, a gas log fireplace, the bathroom is done in dark, warm woods, a long soak in the Jacuzzi tub is the way to end your day. It to has a fireplace. Downstairs is a rec room with fireplaces, a pool table, a tabletop shuffle board, as well as professional excercise equipment.

Her breakfast's are to die for, you will never leave Rachel's table hungry. This is our second visit with many more to come.

Comments