3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Average

Costs 61% more and rated 11% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

excellent location

the hilton riverside is a very good business class hotel located on the riverwalk in downtown wilmington. many of the attractions of wilmington are within walking distance of the hotel. the hilton riverside has an excellent location for both the tourist and business traveler to wilmington. the hilton riverside offers all of the amenities that you would expect of this better chain.

Directions: riverwalk, downtown.

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

Not too bad, once I found it

The weekend that I stayed here, I arrived late in the evening and got lost trying to find a hotel, in spite of signs along the way which supposedly told us how to get to the hotels and riverfront. The Hilton was the first hotel that I found and I was too tired to look for alternatives. It was okay but all that I did was sleep there and carry luggage entirely too far.

I hope that my experience was not typical and I do not want to scare anyone away just on my impressions, so I checked several other travel authorities and this particular hotel received very mixed reviews. The next time I go to Wilmington, I will arrive earlier and try anothe hotel.

Unique Quality: It is located on the riverfront directly across from the battleship North Carolina. I do not know if this is normal but when I arrived there was no-one to help with luggage and all of the "temporary" parking spots for registering guests were filled with no signs of anyone moving before breakfast. The problem was further exacerbated by the fact that the parking lot is two floors below the registration level, behind and at the end of the hotel with no entry other than at the front lobby. Thus, I had to climb a hill with my bags. By the time I got to my room, I was too tired to enjoy anything except a warm shower and the bed.

Directions: On the river (as you may have guessed from the name)

• Easty's Profile Photo

Hilton Wilmington Riverside

It is probably the most expensive place in the Wilmington area because of its excellent location and being a Hilton. We paid $100 a night in 1988.

Unique Quality: A full service hotel on the banks of the Cape Fear River. Some rooms offer spectacular views of the Cape Fear River and the USS North Carolina.

Comments