Red Roof Inn Wilmington

5107 Market Street, I-40 Exit US-17, Wilmington, North Carolina, 28405, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

More about Wilmington

j. w. murchison housej. w. murchison house

remains of fort fisherremains of fort fisher

thalian hallthalian hall

general benjimin butlergeneral benjimin butler

Travel Tips for Wilmington

History EVERYWHERE!

by msbrandysue

We drove into Wilmington from Jacksonville and as we drove in there were historical signs EVERYWHERE! It was just amazing how many there were. Some of them are really neat and some are almost comical. "This is where Abraham Lincoln's nephew's daughter slept one night while passing through." (I mean no disrespect, it's really very neat how well history must have been kept here.)

In the Downtown area there are just so many signs I can't explain it. Almost every house has one by the door as well. I literally did not know in which direction to look. I wasn't driving and I kept begging my dad to pull over. I would have walked for miles if I was there alone just to read all the signs. There's another....oh, and another...oh! over there...

Enjoy some of the few I collected...

This is the entrance to the...

by acemj

This is the entrance to the Orton Plantaion in Brunswick. When I noticed that there is an admission charge, I decide it wouldn't be worth the heat of the July day, but the driveway sure was impressive. Just look at those trees!

Baja Mexican food (sort of)

by jsimmen about Tower 7

A good and cheap "baja mexican" restaurant. I've been to Baja California many times and it's not really "baja" but it's still really good and also affordable. They have specials all week long so check it out. Carne Asada tacos.

Ghost Walk of Old Wilmington

by MovingMere

The last time I went to Wilmington and we wanted to do this, it was off season and not available, so I don't know if this is a tourist trap or a thing to do, but it sounds pretty fun. A guide takes you on a walking tour of the town that includes ghost stories and inexplicable happenings.

This seems to be a better deal than the Haunted Pub Crawl - it's $3 cheaper and the beers in the Pub Crawl aren't included in the $15 price.

During peak season, April through October, tours are held nightly at 8:30 PM, plus Tuesday through Saturday at 6:30 PM. At the end of fall and beginning of spring in November and March, tours are held Tuesday through Saturday at 6:30 PM. In December, January and February, they are only Thursday through Saturday at 6:30 PM. Times may vary on Halloween.

$12 for adults, $10 for seniors, students and military. Free for those 6 and younger. Call ahead for large groups.

Burgwin-Wright House

by msbrandysue

When I knew we'd be going into Wilmington I went ahead and ordered a brochure through Wilmington's Travel Bureau. It contains Wilmington and the surrounding areas. It has a TON of things to do and see. I'm a very sequential person so I like to start at the top of the list. Well, it's alphabetical so the Burgwin-Wright House was at the top. :)

It is a very well-kept, beautiful house. I provided a picture of the historical marker for the history of it. I think North Carolinians might be more interested. Nonetheless, it is open for tours. Since we went on the day after Christmas it was not open, although, it is open almost year-round (unlike most of the houses). They have a big garden area that would be nice to see in the spring.

It's also very close to Downtown. It's on Market St. so all you have to do is walk about 2-3 blocks up. Very easy to find!

Open Tuesday-Saturday