Value Place Wilmington

2657 Carolina Beach Road, Intersection - US 421 & Holbrooke Ave, Wilmington, North Carolina, 28412,

Expedia.com Travelocity CheapTickets.com

Satisfaction Average

• I was also impressed

Read the two reviews and I totally agree with the one before me. Excellent and friendly staff! I'm not sure how long ago that other reviewer was there, but I'm thinking the person had the place and how it works confused. Biweekly cleaning is free and you are welcome to exchange linens in between as often. As you wish. Sure they have a dish set you can purchase, but as much as I travel, I always bring my own. So do all the fellas I work with. It's an extended stay, not a stay by day. Mayne they were thinking they picked the riverfront Hilton, who knows. However, even for an extended stay, I had my best hotel experience at this location and will keep recommending them to everyone!

• tourdeplaya's Profile Photo

I was impressed!

Wow, this place is your average ext stay hotel on the outside, but inside, whoa! Beautiful wood floor studios with kitchens....real size fridge, STOVES and huge microwave, two tone walls...well an accent wall that made me start looking for a color to do my own bedroom wall in because I liked it so much.... wood blinds, I mean this place is IMPRESSIVE! I cant say enough how amazed I was when I walked in! And the price is cheaper than ANY other weekly in town. They could charge 3 times what they charge and I would still be impressed! The staff makes this place feel more like home than just a hotel. (Thank you Nicole and Byron and John- Nicole is the manager and really goes above and beyond to ensure guests feel comfortable and is very professional, she helped me with my reservation and suggested the larger room with couch and table so i could spread out my stuff while on webinars and i was super happy with her suggestion. Byron checked me in and even called me an hour later to make sure I was able to get on the wifi, as I mentioned I had to be online the next morning for a work webinar and John, the maintenance guy saw me struggling with my bags and hanging clothes and brought me a bellmans cart and even wheeled it to my room while I carried my computer bags so I would only have to make one trip due to the rain) They really strive to get to know thier guests and treat them as if they will stay forever, not as just someone passing through. I felt so comfortable there. So much so I did this review. I NEVER do reviews! Anyway, not sure what else I can say other than if you need a weekly hotel in Wilmington, it would be a shame to pass on Value Place. I thought with such a generic name and the yellow and red sign it would be a hole in the wall, but now I will be looking for Value Places wherever I travel. They have close to 200 of them nation wide the manager told me and pointed out a map of locations. I cannot believe how many there are and that I've never heard of them before! Ive already recommended them to friends and family and I cant wait until I come back next year for vacation instead of business!

• A RIP OFF!

We needed to stay a month or less here in Wilmington for business reasons. This was the "cheapest"hotel here so we thought. The outside is clean and the room is too. But, do not let this distract you from the "details" that are necessary to know ahead of time. First of all, they charge for every little thing here. If you want clean towels at all, it's a 29.00 charge AND you bring the dirty ones to the front desk for an exchange. Also, internet runs almost $11 a week extra. If you get the efficiency room, with stove, etc....there will be NO pots/pans/plates/cups, etc.... Again, you will be charged 29.99 for all of that and you will get to keep it. Oh, the maid service is extra too a week. We stayed on the 1st floor but heard the people above us constantly walking, like a herd of elephants. We thought it was just them, so we asked to be moved. We were give top floor smoking. That's when we discovered we could hear our ownselves walking, HA! Seems like it's a "party hotel"for homeless,etc... I was actually scared to leave too early in the morning or come back too late at night. When we decided to leave early and get another hotel, the woman at the front desk couldn't give us any money back at all. She then said she would call the "manager" to try to get some back. After trying to find her the next day(the front desk window is only open for a few hours-after that you have to call an extension number on the telephone near it), she finally said her general manager was very busy and she was the actual manager there and they couldn't give anything back and she was sorry about it but asked us to just wait out our visit there. We wanted to talk to the general manager but she insisted he was "very, very busy man". I have never stayed in an establishment such as this. I will NEVER stay here again. Believe me, spend the extra $20 and stay elsewhere.

Unique Quality: No pool.
    No great view.
    Does have laundry area.

Directions: Off Carolina Beach Road near Shipyard Blvd. Across from Roses department store.

Comments