3235 State Street, Bismarck, North Dakota, 58503, United States

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bismarck
Expedia.com AmericInn.com Orbitz.com

• HasTowelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Good lodging in the north of town

The AmericInn is a great place to stay. As part of my work, we are on the road a lot, and have to find places that are inviting, clean, enjoyable and affordable. And the AmericInn fits the bill. The rooms are clean and well taken care of, staff is friendly and open. They have a good list of amenities, some of which are must-haves in this day and age.
    • Free breakfast. Not just a stale bagel and coffee, AmericInn has sausage, eggs, waffles, donuts, yogurt, cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, juice, coffee, tea... it is a full on meal. Complimentary, it is the way to start a long day in North Dakota.
    • Wifi. It is amazing how many hotels don't have in-room wireless access, but the AmericInn was awesome, good signal, free without too many ads.
    • Pool. I love a good pool, it's nice to unwind after a long day. The AmericInn has a pool and hottub on site for guests to enjoy (though it can be crowded with kids on the weekend).

All in all, a good location to stay with. I have stayed there twice now, on separate occasions, and I can say without a doubt that we would return again.

Directions: north of 94 on State St.

More about Bismarck

Don't sit down and eat!Don't sit down and eat!

A residentA resident

Bismarck skylineBismarck skyline

DOWNTOWNDOWNTOWN

Travel Tips for Bismarck

Packing List

by charlize

If in Bismarck during the winter, bring WARM sweaters, boots, and coats. It can get very cold. If you are there during the summer, shorts, shirt, and sandals will do. Even if it is nice, you still should bring a jacket. You never know what each day's weather may be. It changes so often. Make sure you bring some insect repellent. The mosquitos can get terrible.

Road Trip: Oregon to Winnipeg: Days 3 &4

by birchy99

"BIRCHY AND ARIA DO BISMARCK"

De juveau all over again. I was born in the Dakotas and lived near Bismarck for many formative years. What I've learned is that many people are born in the Dakotas but most leave, yours truly included. But traveling through to Winnipeg on I-94 this was a convenient place to rest for the night.
Perhaps the most striking monument in Bismarck is the state capitol building. Constructed during the depression recovery of the 1930's it was known as the "skyscraper of the plains." I remember driving to Bismarck in the family car as a child and sighting the top of the capitol building which was the first clue to the question: "are we there yet?"
While there for the evening, I drove onto the capitol grounds, went down to Avenue C to see my grandparent's house, where I spent many a day. Then downtown to see the many changes that have taken place in the 50 years since my departure.
One thing of note that back in the "50's my uncle had a house on top of a ridge just to the northeast of the capitol building. It sat all by itself, nothing lavish, on a hilltop, windswept, hot in summer and cold in winter, no other houses around it, with a stunning view of the whole city especially at night. I remember one night while babysitting into the early morning hours how frightened I became due to the isolation of the place. Well, nowadays, Divide Avenue is the center of a huge commercial complex right near the main I-94 interchange. I imagine he made a fortune for that propery.
My uncle was also an announcer at KFYR-TV in its early years. I can still see him hawking melting ice cream in the Piggly Wiggly commercials on Channel 7. He also started a local radio station called KBOM at the time which broadcast the brand new Bismarck Barons baseball games. Wow, that was something!!!
But still, Bismark is a nice place to have been from, but I wouldn't want to live there considering the weather and all. But thanks, Bismarckans for the friendly welcome.

To see the weather in Bismarck click here:Yahoo

COLD HANDS , WARM PEOPLE

by grubbstew

LIKE MOST OF THE OTHER TOWNS IN NORTH DAKOTA , BISMARCK IS A SLOW PACED TOWN WHERE PEOPLE SAY HI TO YOU ON THE STREET. EVEN WHEN DRIVING , MOTORISTS WILL WAVE FROM THERE CARS. IF I WAS TO LIVE IN NORTH DAKOTA THIS IS WHERE I WOULD LIVE . THE BADLANDS TO THE WEST OF TOWN ARE BEAUTIFUL . IS THIS THE AREA WHERE THEODORE ROOSEVELT SPENT HIS SUMMERS TO RETREAT?

Comments