101 Broadway, Fargo, North Dakota, 58102, United States

The Hotel Donaldson
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• bdwoot's Profile Photo

Haute couture on the frozen tundra

I haven't stayed there as I live in town. It is Fargo's first boutique hotel, right downtown on Broadway. The rooms are garnished with art from local craftsmen. The downtown is in a state of permanent redevelopment, but this time for sure!

Actually, downtown Fargo is actually developing nicely, with several nice places to eat within a few blocks of the Hotel Donaldson. This is good because in the winter a few blocks is plenty.

Unique Quality: Very pleasant restaurant and bar downstairs, with nice but expensive martinis.

Rumor has it there is a place to catch some rays on the roof, during Fargo's short but very nice summers.

Directions: Downtown on Broadway.

• Reignition's Profile Photo

Fargo's Finest Hotel

This botique Hotel rivals most hotels in urban cities. I am the newest Consultant for a software company, and as such was the lucky recipient of 5 weeks in Fargo, ND. After the first 2 weeks at "the usual" hotel, I discovered Hotel Donaldson. The people who work there are genuinely concerned with making you feel comfortable. They're young and engaging, and the best hotel staff I've ever met. The Hotel spares no expense in amenities. I stay in hotels every week, and this one is still number one.

Unique Quality: There are many, so please bear with me... Every room has heated tile floors in the bathroom, Bose CD players, flat panel LCD televisions, luxurious bedding, Aveda bathroom products, and adjustable halogen track lighting. Each of the seventeen rooms has artwork from a different artist, rotating flowers (they move them between rooms during your stay), turn down service, and wood viga cielings. The lounge is top notch, swank, and the bar staff are friendly. If you can't stay in the hotel, at least treat yourself to a few drinks there. The food at "Untitled" is delicious and prepared well.

Directions: Corner of Broadway and First, Downtown

More about Hotel Donaldson

Hotel Donaldson FargoHotel Donaldson Fargo

Reservations

by Catharina1965

I have a group of people coming into Fargo for the week on a conference and we are looking to get out of the hotel restaurant scene for the weekend.
There are 25 of us and we wanted to make reservations for dinner in Fargo.
We would like are looking for a steak house or a fun place to go with great food. Any suggestions? We would like to secure a reservation and not just take our chances on a Friday night to get a spot for 25.
You help on this is appreciated.

RE: Reservations

by RBCal

Not sure where you are staying or your price range. However, the best restaurant in Fargo is the HoDo restaurant at the Hotel Donaldson.

101 Broadway N
Fargo, ND 58102
(701) 478-1000

RE: Reservations

by Redlats

Last time we were in Fargo (year and a half ago) we ate one evening at a TGI Friday's Restaurant. Probably not as good as the HoDo restaurant, but it was fun for us.

Comments