Grand Forks Settle Inn

Knights Inn & Suites
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Grand Forks

my coworkers pretending to workmy coworkers pretending to work

Bloodsuckers!Bloodsuckers!

Travel Tips for Grand Forks

The only thing I ever did here

by cnel355

"The only thing I ever did here"

I was stationed in Grand Forks AFB ND for two years. The winters are hard, but the place, for all of its flatness, can be beautiful. This is farm country and you can find fields with sunflowers as big as your children and mosquitos the size of small birds. I could have gone to Canada, and I wanted to, and wish I had. There's also Mount Rushmore not too far away. A British Air Force wife who isn't one prone to enthusiasm loved it and said it was more awesome than she had ever expected and that the heads looked smaller than she imagined! Now, before the suspense kills you, let me tell you the one thing I ever did in North Dakota. I went to the next state over and visited the Mall of America, which was the biggest rip off I had ever been exposed to. To see a few lousy fish at their underground aquarium was $13. The mall was huge, several stories high, and one side shook ominously out of of the blue time to time. They had Nordstrom's rack and every shoe store imaginable, so me, being a shoe fanatic, it was not all bad. And considering the mall I had at my disposal in Grand Forks, it was shopping heaven. But Grand Forks' shopping had two redeeming features: Walmart and Target. Make that three. Internet access to the online stores I was used to. There were some other pluses. Swedish slang. Jokes about some guy named Olaf and some gal named Ingrid. Norwegian china. Hunting stores. Nice people.

Comments