Medora Hotels

Our Members Say

• briantravelman profile photo briantravelman
  • Reviews: 613

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cottonwood Campground: Great Location

This is probably the nicest campground in the park. I really liked this campground. It's in the middle of a cottonwood forest, right on the Little Missouri River, and it only cost $10 per night.
The river is a bit too shallow to swim, but if you're lucky, you might get to see some buffalo crossing it. Out of all the campgrounds we stayed at on this trip, this one was deffinately my favorite.
One of the best campgrounds I've ever stayed at.

Beautiful location, you have buffalo and wild horses coming to the campground. In fact, we had one come by our tent in the middle of the night, and leave a little present.
Campsites are really private, so you feel like you have the place to yourself.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: National/State Park, Budget Travel, Camping
  • Written January 27, 2014
Tip Photo

Our Campsite

• photochaser profile photo photochaser
  • Reviews: 51

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Badlands Motel: Old Town Medora

Nice room, 2 double beds with air conditioning or heater (depending on the time of year)

The shower is the cool thing in the room. The bathroom is normal, but the shower is a curved cylinder that you walk into with no door! It is completely private from the rest of the bathroom, so more than one person can be in the room at the same time.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip, Seniors
  • Written September 6, 2003

• bently1 profile photo bently1
  • Reviews: 18

When I stayed here back in...

When I stayed here back in 1980 we camped at the quiet woods campground.It's an absolute must to camp instead of staying at a hotel.You will definately get more out of the beauty and serene atmosphere of one of this countries national parks.

there are showers in this campground and its right in the heart of this beautiful park. there is no pools or anything like that.However if you like to rough it this is the best way to go.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive