3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 37% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Best Western on the Hill

This motel was a little hard to find because it is not visible from (nor does it have signs on) the main highway (route 18). You have to turn up the sideroad and go past several other motels and restaurants and finally there it is way up on the hill.

The motel itself has been newly refurbished for the most part. But you need to be aware of what they are offering and what you want to pay.
    Case in point:
    We asked for non-smoking AAA rate for room and were quoted $75 per night then they said they only had one left and that had the jacuzzi and asked if that was fine. I readily agreed (greedy me thinking I am going to get a jacuzzi for $75). We got up to the room and it was fabulous; full bath, jacuzzi, entry room and bedroom, lots of furniture. So my wife asks "are you sure you get all this for $75?". So I put on my best breadwinner aire and said "yes". Then I quickly went downstairs and asked about the room. The hostess said "no, the price with the jacuzzi is only a little more..... $120". "A Little More.... that's almost double..." I replied and asked for another room which they then said "there aren't any more" to which I replied "then we will be leaving to find another hotel"... she says "let me check with the manager"... I say "go ahead"... time passes and manager comes out and says "well, we will have one more room in about one hour for $75". I reply "fine, I will go eat and be back but only if it is $75".

So anyways, we got a nice room for $75, with full continental breakfast and a nice view and a quiet airconditioner and clean, operable fixtures and color TV, iron, hairdryer, internet, etc.
    It is a good experience for me to learn to ask and not assume.

Directions: from the north:
    I-271-S to Exit 137B to I-77-S to route 18, go west one block then south at the light and up the hill.
    from the south:
    I-71-N to route 18 exit, go east to the Montrose West intersection then south and up the hill.

Comments