2500 W State St, Alliance, OH 44601

Comfort Inn
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Quite comfortable

The guys at the MTC Transformers plant recommended the Comfort Inn Alliance as a good place to stay, and one of them who was from out of town also stayed there. I was happy with their advice since it turned out to be quite a nice hotel and was located on the edge of Alliance where traffic was no problem at all.

The huge bed (2nd photo) was very comfortable and my 2nd floor room was was also totally quiet. I never did turn the large TV on, but their free wireless internet service worked like a charm for my laptop. In fact, on my second night in town, when a severe lightning storm hit the area (see my 'Warnings' tip) I noticed the lights sporadically going off/on in my room as the lightning struck various electrical things in the surrounding countryside. This led to my decision not to go to a restaurant for my evening meal - instead choosing a take-out meal from a nearby fast-food joint. Sure enough, about 20 minutes later as I sat in my room playing on the laptop and eating, the lights went out for good - for more than an hour. The hotel internet service never missed a beat and I thought, this is much better than sitting in a blacked-out restaurant!

Unique Quality: The indoor hotel pool (3rd photo) looked quite inviting and they also serve the usual breakfast of eggs, toast, waffles, juice & coffee typical of many hotels - included in the price of your room. Their parking lot was absolutely huge and so was the hotel itself - my opening photo does not even show a third of its size. The morning after the heavy rain I noticed several large puddles in the parking lot that would require getting quite wet to reach your car if it happened to be parked there! Best to park on the hilly bits in the not totally flat lot! I paid US$80 per night including taxes.

Directions: At the north end of Alliance, only a few hundred feet on the right after turning off Highway 62 onto Highway 173

Comments