601 Vine St, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Cincinnati's Finest

I made a mistake and read the reviews on this place after my company made reservations- we all know the critical people are when they write those reviews. Upon arriving at the Cincinnatian, all of my worries were put to bed. The service at the desk, bar and restaurant was fabulous. The room was ENORMOUS, I looked at my bill to make sure I didn't pay double- I had a living area and a huge bathroom. The location was perfect- nightlife and great food were all within walking distance, as was most of the other local attractions. If I were to go to Cincinnati for other events such as Reds or Bengal games, I'd stay here and walk to either stadium.

Unique Quality: I loved the main skylight walking through the lobby, and definately the size of my room!

• hayworth's Profile Photo

A Classic, Elegant Hotel

I didn't stay in a room here (I live in Cincinnati) but I've eaten at the restaurant, The Palace. It is one of the most elegant restaurants in the city, and is very, very highly regarded. Staff at the hotel and restaurant are very friendly.

Unique Quality: Classic, elegant older hotel. One of the best three or four hotels in downtown.

Directions: In the heart of Downtown. Can walk to most anywhere in downtown in 15 minutes or less from here.

More about Cincinnatian Hotel

The standard recommendations...

by hayworth

The standard recommendations for home-grown Cincinnati restaurants are:
Montgomery Inn (ribs, seafood, meats)
Skyline Chili (Cincinnati chili = spaghetti with a unique sauce and other toppings)
La Rosa's (local favorite for pizza but I think it's not very good and over-rated but much loved by Cincinnatians for some reason)
Graeters (ice cream)

For high-class restaurants:
The Palace at the Cincinnatian Hotel (downtown)
Maisonnette (French food downtown, longest Mobil 5-star winner)
Orchids at Palm Court (Omni Hotel downtown)
Celestial (Mt. Adams)
Palomino (downtown Fountain Square)
The rotating restaurant at the top of the Clarion Hotel in Covington.

For the ultimate getaway

We give The Cincinnatian Hotel two-thumbs up!!! You will not be disappointed staying here. We booked their junior suite, and it had all of the bells and whistles. If you want the ultimate in luxury, we recommend this category or higher. It is definitely worth paying extra for the upgraded room. We also recommend contacting the concierge (Mandy) to arrange special amenities such as in-room massages. If you want the ultimate luxury weekend, visit The Cincinnatian hotel for the best experience!

Nice, But Very Overrated

by TripAdvisor Member TravelLovinMan

Folks who rate this hotel 4 and 5 stars need to get out more. The hotel lobby is very musty from all of the cigaratte smoke in the bar (lots of it!). The hotel was also experiencing some apparent plumbing problems, which gave it a slight essence-o-sewage smell one loves so dearly. Room was quite large, but just okay in terms of decor. Large bathroom tub was nice. Art in common area is good, but carpets are getting on the worn side. For Cincinnati, this hotel might be something. But experienced travelers would rate it only 3 stars on a good day.

A modern version of a classic

by TripAdvisor Member Pamgoes

This "venerable, old-world hotel" has a completely modern feel. The service was attentive, but the room description did not quite live up to its billing. "distinct sitting area, dual sinks in a spacious dressing area, a large desk and an oversized 18” soaking bathtub with shower. These newly renovated rooms live up to their "luxury" status with elegance and style." Although billed as a luxury king, when questioned, the desk clerk said all the rooms are different. Ours had a chair for the 'distinct sitting area', single sink, not dual, and limited dressing area. We were offered an upgrade on a return visit, although it is uncertain when/if that visit will occur.
The best part of the hotel is its proximity to JeanRo...an absolutely fabulous French Bistro....CLASSIC!

Beautiful at Christmas

by TripAdvisor Member Funtravelgal

I just returned from staying at the Cincinnatian with my mom. We stayed there overnight while going to the Aranoff Center to see a musical. I agree the bar/Cricket lounge is extremely smoky (the small space doesn't help). Frankly, though we didn't come here to sit at a bar. This hotel had gorgeous decorations for Christmas and stepping foot inside was like experiencing an Olde World Christmas. The conceirge and front desk were all very charming and helpful! Try to say here in December and enjoy!! :)

Student splurged, well worth the money

We were in Cincinnati to visit the Children's Hospital for a second look at the residency program. A different hotel associated with the hospital was said to have a discounted rate, but when I called I was quoted $105. Having stayed there my first trip, I wasn't willing to pay that so I looked elsewhere. Wanting to see more of the city, the search headed downtown. Reviews of The Cincinnatean on this site were in line with the more expensive Hilton, and I saw none that were less than 4/5. Our rate, from the hotel's website, averaged $110/night, vs. almost $200 for the Hilton. The only caveat is that parking isn't included, and the hotel's valet is $25 overnight. Location is ideal, only one block from the amazing Contemporary Arts Center, one block from CVS and Walgreen's, and several great restaraunts within walking distance. A standout is the Mediterranean place right across the street. Also a 5-10 min. drive from all of the great neighborhoods in the city. The staff were exceptional, from the door to housecleaning. If I head back to Cinci, this will be my place to stay.

Disappointed with the Luxury King room. Dinner prices way too high.

by TripAdvisor Member pwrshift

Arrived in a snowstorm and they didn't have our reservation, but I had the email sheet for a Luxury King room at $188 for the one night. With the snow coming down, I asked if possible to stay an extra night if needed rather than driving to Detroit area on bad roads...and they said they were sold out unless someone cancelled. We left anyways and the drive wasn't that bad.

The room was a disappointment - I guess I expected more because of all the great reviews. First thing I looked at was the view - none - we were as close as you could get to another old but empty building. The king bed was comfy. The bathroom had an separate extra sink and mirror. The bathroom was a little small but had a sink, mirror, heating lamp, and oval tub (no jets). Didn't use the mini bar. TV was old and small. The room was tired.

Dinner in the hotel was interesting but very expensive - actually we paid more to eat there for 2 than the room cost! My pork was an OK meal. The fish (snapper) was creatively served, head and tail, sitting up on the plate like Nemo. It tasted good but she was sick the next day and blamed the fish. Service was good, almost too efficient. The bar allows smoking so we had a quick drink and left.

Finding the hotel was difficult this first time as the entrance is not very 'glitzy' and an old building. Personally, I think they have a lot of work to do on this hotel - the furnishings are not first class, the floor creak, and dining prices too high. We enjoyed the original art in our room and all around the hotel. Glad I stayed here, but probably wouldn't again.

Comments