2 Garfield Place, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Rated 14% higher but also costs 33% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Garfield Suites Hotel

Sweet Garfield Suites

My wife & I have stayed numerous times at the Garfield Suites, Cincinnati, OH and have always enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very comfortable and have all the amenities of home. The staff is always pleasant and always willing to help us out, whether it be service, directions, extra towels, etc. We always make Garfield Suites our home when we visit downtown Cincinnati.

Give Garfield Suites a try!

by TripAdvisor Member SueSan

Two of my good friends traveled with me to Cincinnati for a three night stay at Garfield Suites Hotel. I made reservations a few weeks earlier and had emailed the hotel several times with questions, which were promptly and courteously answered. A few days before we left for our trip, I received a call that we were being upgraded to a larger suite due to a reservation being cancelled. We were extremely pleased with our accommodations. The suite was large, attractive, comfortable, and had amazing views of Cincinnati. Without exception, the staff was friendly and took care of any concerns quickly with a pleasant attitude. The manager, front desk personnel, valet, and maintenace people seek to please their guests. We recommend Garfield Suites to anyone planning a trip to Cincinnati.

Garfield Suites was a Fabulous stay.

We checked the website for a hotel close to the Great Am. Ballpark and found Garfield Suites. I have to admit I was hesitant because you don't know what to expect when you don't stay with a hotel chain. We were very pleasantly surprised. We walked into a newly remodeled lobby and were greeted by a very friendly staff. We were upgraded to a room with an extra 1/2 bath when the desk clerk realized we were traveling with 3 children, for no extra charge. Again we were amazed at the spacious 2 BR suite with a full kitchen and Livingroom large enough for the 5 of us to move in comfortably. The pictures on the website do not do this place justice. It is truly Cincinnati's best-kept secret with the great accomodations and unbelievably affordable price. We were within 8 blocks of the ballpark which we walked to comfortably. Tiffany's was just 2 blocks down and there was wide variety of other shops. Not to mention, there is a Starbucks and Graeters Ice Cream in the lobby. We will return.

Cincinnati Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member karenw27

We just returned from a weekend getaway in Cincinnati and stayed at the Garfield Suites Hotel in downtown Cincinnati. Our hotel was booked online and we were not sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised with the overall experience at the hotel and have recommended Garfield Suites Hotel to our family and friends already. We had booked a 1 bedroom suite for my husband and myself. The hotel ended up being booked and offered us a penthouse suite for the same rate. The penthouse suite was a very nice upgrade, it had 3 floors, a living room area, full kitchen with wet bar, bedroom, a bath and a half, a sitting area with desk and a patio balcony with a spectacular view. It was very spacious and had lots of large windows for viewing the city and overlooked a park. The entire staff were friendly and courteous and truly seemed to care about making our stay at their hotel the best experience possible. We enjoyed breakfast in the Cafe Martin and their prices were very reasonable. They also have a Starbucks and Graeter's ICe Cream right inside the building, as an extra bonus. If you want, there are plenty of alternate places for dining within walking distance of the hotel. We opted to use the city parking garage attached to the hotel for a cost of $2.00, instead of the valet service that the hotel offers which is $20.00.
The hotel was conveniently located near Great American Ball Park and just a short drive away to the Newport Aquarium, Newport on the Levee(which we really enjoyed), and Montgomery Inn Boathouse. We had a wonderful weekend getaway and will stay at the Garfield Suites Hotel on our next visit to Cincinnati, OH.

What a nice surprise when your expectations are exceeded

by TripAdvisor Member RollingStone68

My son and I shared a suite for a baseball weekend in Cincy. The Garfield Suites seemed, on-line, to have the right profile for us. Low frills, lots of space (so we could be slobs as usual without it getting in the way), convenient, and affordable. It was all of those things and more, meaning the staff was friendly and helpful, with a nice "cafe style" restaurant/bar. Food was very good for lunch the one meal we had there, and reasonably priced.

A friend also stayed there, and his one (very minor) issue with the room was addressed with a sincere and competence response, immediately.

Our accomodation was WAY bigger than what passes for a suite in most of today's "newer" all-suite hotels. It truly had an apartment-like feel and full kitchen. Free internet that was completely hassle-free and worked like a charm.

Will you be able to distinguish it from the Ritz Carlton? Yep. But you might appreciate the difference even more when you pay the bill. If it's marble and bathrobes and candy on the pillow and six bars of aloe and persimmon soap that turns you on, and fresh flowers on the side tables in the lobby ring your chimes, don't stay here. But if you kinda like the vibe of a mid-sized European hotel with rooms about 3 times the size you are accustomed to, go for it.

Great potential, but needs lots of work

by TripAdvisor Member Clemsonchickie

Stayed 2 nights for a wedding over the weekend. Wonderful location. The reception was next door and there are many restaurants and bars within a block or two. Also shopping and could walk all the way across the river into Kentucky.

The hotel itself needs a total refurbishment. It is very outdated in decor and amenities. We shared the 2 bedroom suite with another couple and it was very spacy, but our room had no air conditioning and all 4 of us had to share one bathroom. The bathroom fixtures were old and the bathtub did not drain sufficiently. The beds are small and uncomfortable. The furniture looked as if it was in style perhaps 25 years ago. It was in dire need of dusting and had many scratches and stains.

When we first arrived our room reaked of cigar smoke. We asked to change to a non-smoking room and was told the entire hotel is non-smoking. They did move us immediately to another room however. The staff was very friendly, although the service in the restaurant was very slow.

Overall, it was a lot cheaper than some other downtown hotels, but you get what you pay for.

Great Rooms

Took my family to the hotel for a long weekend in Cincinnati. The rooms were large...it was very comfortable for 2 adults and 2 children. We had plenty of room and privacy.
The kids especially enjoyed the Greaters Ice Cream in the restaurant. My husband and I enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and the fact that the hotel was in such a nice area next to a small park downtown.

Happy in Cincy.

by TripAdvisor Member travelagent13

My family stayed at the Garfield on June 8th for 1 night to attend a Reds baseball game. The hotel was great! Requested a 2 bedroom lower level non-smoking room and received that exact room. Requests are requests but it's great when you get it. Room was very clean with a lot of space. We had a balcony over looking the city library. We arrived at the hotel on a Thursday around 2:30pm and able to check in right away. We used the valet parking service and didn't use our car until we were ready to check out. The funny thing about downtown Cincinnati is that the local restaurants shut down from 2pm - 5pm and open back up at 5pm or 530pm for dinner, so a late lunch was out of the question we found that to be a little weird. Used a taxi service to take us to the Great American Ball Park, we asked the front desk to call us a cab, it was there in 10 minutes max.
Had a message on our room phone from the front desk clerk asking if the room was to our liking and to give them a call if there were any problems. I'm very impressed with the service, the rooms and all around facility. Complaints other than the restuarants in the area being shut down I don't have any. Would totally recommend this hotel to my clients. I'm a travel agent and always looking for great Suite hotels. I think it's the only way to travel when it comes to room accomodations.

If you like the Motel 8 then book here

by TripAdvisor Member 39dkdk84jfh

I booked our reservations several months prior to arrival date. Then I spoke with the reservations staff and the manager on several occassions prior to arrival. I also visited the property prior to. The front desk staff is EXCEPTIONAL. Too bad the rest was not so exceptional. Long story short, for medical reasons we needed specific rooms which were "blocked". Upon arrival one of the rooms was mysteriously not available and noone was able to tell us why. We were upgraded to a penthouse suite. It was very large which was nice however the air conditioner in one of the bedrooms did not work. Neither did the coffee pot. It wreaked of cigarette smoke and the decor was from the 80's. Wallpaper floor to ceiling (peeling in many areas) in almost every room. As I said the front desk staff was just wonderful but the rest left alot to be desired. The sad thing is is that this property could truly be wonderful with even basic upgrades to the rooms. the rooms are very large but so dated you felt as if you were in a run down OLD hotel.

Good Location but the rooms could use a makeover

by TripAdvisor Member rawdogg

This was a great location. The rooms were good size, however everything was very old in the room. Thiey r sold old that the TV clicker had only 5 buttons on it. Yes no sleep timer (Smile)
The front desk and staff was great. They were good when we asked for any directions or a place to eat.
Please update this hotel and this would be a great place to stay.

Accomodations with a jacuzzi

by dlandt

Does anyone know where I can book a room with a jacuzzi? (Not a modified bath tub)It doesn't have to be ultra ultra but it should be at least ***. Regular internet search options don't seem to work well for finding something of this nature. I'm also looking for good brew pubs that not only brew beer but serve great food.

Dave (Nov 24-26)

RE: Accomodations with a jacuzzi

by Sunshine64

Nicholson's is a great pub downtown - not a brewpub, it's mostly English beers, but its really good beer and they serve good food.

Can't help you with the Jacuzzi, sorry.

by BeatChick

I know this thread is a bit old but thought the following info might be useful to someone else.

Main St in Cincinnati between Central Pkwy & Liberty has tons of microbreweries. You might also try the place on Fountain Square. I forget the name but you'll see it right away and know it's a beer place when you get there.

Nicholson's. Eh. It's a sort of Scottish chain and rather expensive.

Not in Cincinnati but fairly close (about 15-20 mins) running from $119-209:

The Hilton downtown (located in the art deco Carew Tower complex adjacent to Fountain Square) has a King Mini Suite with a jacuzzi going for $179:

Garfield Suites Hotel has a jacuzzi suite that goes for $299:

The Cincinnatian has Junior Suites with whirlpools; they have special packages for $365:

The Hyatt has 1 room, the Presidential Suite, that runs $400-1200 dependent upon occupancy (at least that's how it was explained to me over the phone). ;)

by dlandt

Good Lord, I've been back for nearly a year!

by BeatChick

I guess that's why I said the info might be useful to someone else even if the thread WAS old!?!?!?

BTW, I had no problems finding this info on the internet.

Comments