Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham

11180 Dowlin Drive, (formerly Arcadia Residential), Cincinnati, Ohio, 45241, United States
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

Mastadon skeletonMastadon skeleton

Party in the Park PricesParty in the Park Prices

Discounts in Cincinnati, Ohio

by dizkneeworld

I just found a website called www.ibidusa.com. Has anyone ever tried it before? They have coupons to print for free and gift certificates that they are auctioning off for golf and restaurants. It appears legit... they have auctions in Orlando, FL and Las Vegas, NV too.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried them. There are some awesome deals out there on gift certificates.

Thansk!

Re: Discounts in Cincinnati, Ohio

by turfturf

HI!

I have been using this website for a few months. The deals on restaurants, golf, hotels and attractions are incredible! I bid on a $35 OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE and won for $10.50!!!! They also have other restaurants like DON PABLOS, PIZZERIA UNO, as well as hotels downtown and in suburbs. The deals on travel for visitors and locals are OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Travel Tips for Cincinnati

See a Reds game. They may not...

by John195123

See a Reds game. They may not be the best, but it's still a good game! All-American baseball! Wow, it's been years since we did this, but back as a chikd, when I played little-league baseball and stuff, my dad and a partner of his from work, Uncle Bob, would take my brother and I to Reds games at what is now Cinergy Field (not anymore, though). We would park in the ghetto area, and walk to the stadium when it was still bright, and the energy of these night games was amazing. I collected basball cards, and seeing people like Eric Davis and Paul O'Neil actually batting and running and throwing (albeit from what seemed miles away).... it was cool... fathers (and mothers) I suggest taking your young kids to a baseball game (if you don't or haven't already... they'll love it!)
We'd then have to walk back to the ghetto to get to our car. We had no problem, alothough with the recent race riots, there still seems to be problems there... I dunno. Oh well.

Need a place to cool off? Try...

by CJD68

Need a place to cool off? Try one of 4 big water parks. Coney Island offers a huge pool and smaller amusement rides, The Beach Waterpark offers many water rides, Surf Cincinnati also offers many water rides, and Kings Island has a water park as part of the huge amusement park.

Check out these web sites:

Packing List

by dzni

Um... summers are generally warm and humid.. you're still in the Ohio Valley here. Winters are snowy and cold (not too much snow). Basically the weather is like Louisville's, but just slightly cooler and maybe slightly more snow.

HOLY, GIANT JESUS, BATMAN!!!!

by dtownkitty

In my short life I have seen many awe-inspiring works depicting the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Works that bring tears to the eyes of the unbeliever. The Pieta in St. Peters Basilica... Davinci's Last Supper...Three crosses on a highway. But I have to say that none prepared me for Giant Jesus. Giant Jesus should go in the same category as an apparition of Mary on a burned grilled cheese. I'm sure it's no fault of the artist. I can't imagine that the scale of Giant Jesus (it must be 5 stories tall) and the materials necessary were very helpful. And I'm sure that it was hard to turn down the money that must have been involved!

I feel bad for Jesus. I am sure that this Giant Jesus is destined to go down in the annals of roadside tourist traps & kitsch landmarks as one of the, well, biggest. It fits in very nicely with the neighboring architecture of the Trader's World Flea Market. And I'm sure it has created quite a stir in the world of televangelism.

Many people will have their personal views on the practicality of this monument. Some may be inspired. But it's always good for a smile on a long drive home. If you look on the west side of the freeway just south of Giant Jesus you will see the pastor's quarter horse ranch in matching architectural style. It reminds me of "Dallas" or something. It's quite impressive.

Located off I-75 Just north of West Chester, OH. Head toward Trader's World for an up-close encounter.

P.S. for the record I have nothing against flea markets!

Covington's MainStrasse Village

by BeatChick

I love the quaint, charming MainStrasse Village in Covington with its old Victorian & Italianate homes dotted around what used to be the German area of Covington.

Walk around, gaze at the houses, peer at the Goose Girl Fountain, stroll down & listen to the German Clock Tower, otherwise known as the Carroll Chimes Bell Tower, but make sure to read the historical plaques in the square. One will tell you the story that is the basis for Toni Morrison's Beloved.

There are coffee shops in the area, Celtic shops, and great restaurants like the Cajun Dee Felice or French Chez Nora.

Comments