35 W Fifth St, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202, United States

Booking.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Expected More from a "Big City" Hotel

This Hilton is a nice, clean property; it's within walking distance of Paul Brown Stadium (Bengals) and other downtown attractions. The hotel staff is friendly, the rooms are spacious, and clean. The area that this property is lacking is amenities.
    After returning from a Sunday Night Football game, my husband and I quickly learned (as we watched other couples struggling with the same issue) that there were no food services. All the restaurants nearby were closed, the hotel bar was closed, pizza delivery would take an hour, so the ONLY option was a turkey sandwich from room service - seriously, that's all they serve after hours. Good thing we weren't vegetarians. I was really shocked that they didn't make special accommodations (beyond turkey sandwiches) for Sundays when the Bengals are in town.

Unique Quality: Caveat on the room: if you're short, be careful with the tubs in the bathroom - they are somewhat higher than standard. I broke my toe climbing in (yes, this sort of thing happens to me) because I underestimated the height :-p
    The lobby bar is nice - friendly bartenders; and the Sunday Brunch was excellent.

• Clang's Profile Photo

Incredible Hotel

This Hotel is not just a National Hitoric Monument. It is a great hotel too!.
    It was built in 1930 by the same people who buit the Empire State Building.
    Its original Art Deco decoration has been preserved ad gives you the sensation of being inside a Cruise Ship.
    The service was very good, but you have the addiotion of having the best restaurand in Cincinnaty and the best service of food and drins in the USA. (really).

I asked for a single queen room which has small but very nice and clean.

I think it is a great relation Price / Benefit.

Unique Quality: Historic Building.
    The best food.
    Reasonable Prices.
    Best location
    You are staying in a Monument!

Directions: Down Town

• Below Average Overnight Trip

The service was average, facilities was clean the room was small and the view were airconditioners. The cost for the amenities is outrageous. The hotel opened in 1931 so they have updated. The bathtub was too high for me to get in and out. I was traveling along the room assigned was back in a connor away from everything and everone. No shuttle service available. When asking about the stores available was made to feel that I was stupid for not knowing. I really don't think I would recommend the hotel to anyone, I know that I will not be staying there again. Why I will not be using this Hotel agin is that I travel alone most of the time and I did not feel safe also felt the price of the room was too high for the services received. Also they need someone to inspect the workmenship before they accept the job. The wall covering and painting was very sloppy. Asfar as the view, I would suggest putting some trees and flowers around the airconditioners so a person does not have to look at machines running.

Unique Quality: Very poor view. Pool closed at 8:30 PM Come on. I know when I come back from eating or attending an event I want to be able to take a swim or use the hot tub.

Directions: Downtown

• O.B.Wilson's Profile Photo

Netherland Convenience

I had a great stay. The rooms are small(since this is an old school hotel), but they are nice.

Take the Tank Bus from the Airport #2X for $1.50 and it stops right next to the hotel. It is safe and convenient bus.

Ther is a full gym(with pool and classes) in the basement.

You have free internet, faxes,etc... if you are a Hilton Honors Member (Just sign up on the spot). Across the street are restaurants, ice skating rink and Nordstrom plus other shops. Wonderful location.

Unique Quality: This is ten minute walk from the Freedom center. www.freedomcenter.org. That alone is worth the trip.... You also have the water and the stadiums closeby

Directions: Downtown

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Historic Landmark with Beds!

I am writing this as I sit at the desk in my very large deluxe room at the Hilton Cincinnati. This is my second stay at this hotel. One thing to note is that they don't seem to have a lot of king beds. Both times I have been given double queens which is fine if you are staying by yourself.

The hotel opened in 1931 and is a National Historic Landmark and charter member of Historic Hotels of America. It features breathtaking French Art Deco. With rare Brazilian rosewood paneling, indirect German silver-nickel light fixtures and soaring ceiling murals, the hotel is one of the world's finest examples of French Art Deco

Unique Quality: The rooms have been updated to include high-speed internet and luxury bedding but the hotel still manages to retain its old world feel. They could not do much to update the bathrooms- so they tend to be tiny compared to newer hotels- but they have new pedastal sinks and tile. Crabtree amenities and a make-up mirror. The 16th floor is the Club floor where you can get coffee and breakfast in the AM or a drink and snacks in the evening. They also have a gym in the lower level which in addition to the latest fitness & aerobic equipment has a lap pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, whirlpool, and aerobic classes.

Directions: 12 miles from the airport ($25 taxi ride). Corner of 5th and Race. Across the street from Saks Fifth Avenue.

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Getaway in Cincy

Wife and I stayed here for one of our anniversaries (she knows which one because she's in charge of reminding me that I never remember dates). Good shopping located in same complex, great restaurant downstairs. Have to say that the view was probably the worst I've ever experienced in this price range.

• Cincinnati1313's Profile Photo

The best hotel in downtown.

The Omni/Hilton is has a central location in downtown Cincinnati. Although it is a bit more pricey than other downtown hotels the rooms are worth it and the staff is excellent. It is one block fromt the convention center and the doorman staff can tell you just about anything you would like to know about the city.

Unique Quality: Adjacent to the downtown mall.

• kbsunnyside's Profile Photo

Beautifully Restored Hotel

It was marvelous. The place is beautiful with an old feel. Almost like the place in "The Shining," but no negatives.

The staff were all friendly and helpful.

The restaurant is beautiful and the food is good. For a longer term stay the menu is a bit limited. Breakfast buffet is also good and relatively reasonbly priced. If you're a HiltonHonors member it may be included--ask for a coupon.

Unique Quality: Can use the fully appointed gym downstairs which also has a sauna and a small pool. There is also a good salon downstairs.

In winter you can stay undercover to walk to a mall and some businesses.

Directions: Town Center

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

An Art Deco Delight

This beautiful old Art Deco hotel is listed on the Natioinal Registry of historic places, yet it has high-speed internet access!

It has recently been remodeled, and the beds are extra comfy with nice, soft sheets.

Unique Quality: The hotel is attached to an office building, and there is a nice gym that hotel guests can use for free.

Rooms Service is open until 2 AM!!!

Directions: Downtown, near Fountain Square

More about Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza was immaculate !

by TripAdvisor Member crud_bud

The first thing I want to say is The main entrance is on 5 street and the The parking garage is on 4th. street. Once you park take the elevator to Street Level, then it's a short walk to the hotel's main lobby through tower place.
There are large green banners that say Tower Place garage parking.
Do not pay valet parking, as we entered the parking garage a valet was behind us screeching the tires around every curve.
My wife and I are Hilton HHonors Members so we had express check in, The hotel's main lobby and mezzanine have an acre of rare Brazilian rosewood.
That was definetly a beautiful Grand staircase also.

The Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza is a true French Art Deco masterpiece. Opened in 1931, the hotel was an intregal part of the first multi-use complex in the United States. It is a "city within a city", the complex featured an office tower, hotel, food and shopping. Also I want to mention that there is a pedway on the second floor that leeds to Macy's and Tiffany's.

The room was immaculate with one of the most awesome bed that we have ever slept on. We were on the 27th. floor so we had a great view. The bathroom was a bit small but no camplaint.

We went to the Cincinnati Reds game and it was just a short walk from the hotel. After the game we went to the Palm court lounge where there was a jazz band playing. We order wine and a Roasted turkey wrap and it was very good.

The hotel is part of the Carew Tower, make sure to go the The Carew tower observatory, it's the highest point in Cincinnati. The only better view would be from an airplane. I highly recomend going to the Observation deck, it's only two dollars.

Floating on a cloud in bed-Downtown Cincinnati - Beautiful Ambiance

by TripAdvisor Member DublinGemologist

We are a well internationally travelled couple and recently stayed at the Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel. Room was a king junior suite, smelled like old hotel disinfectant but nice room with view of the river. The shower was excellent (although the bathrooms are small)

Bed was like a cloud and 2 bathrooms were great. Concierge was not helpful at all (cost him $100. "grease") but room service was very accommodating. Palm Court Sunday Brunch was very nice, with great people watching, comfortable seating and friendly wait staff.

Very nice art deco hotel that shows a bit of age but would stay again.

A pricey room for Cincinnati--after all, it's not NYC! We suggest Valet parking--the garage is scary!

Loved the suite with two bathrooms!

by TripAdvisor Member cincy45243

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Netherland Plaza on a Saturday night in April. I believe we had a junior suite on the 20th floor. No river view (just some roofs and taller buildings). The room consisted of a sitting room with couch, desk, TV, and bathroom, connected by French doors to the bedroom with comforable king bed, another TV, and another bathroom. Very convenient, we could both get ready without tripping over each other! Extremely clean, and I'm picky. Each "room" had separate climate controls, which was nice -- I like it cooler when I sleep, warmer when sitting around watching TV. Front desk staff pleasant upon check-in. We were staying downtown to attend a show at the Aronoff center, and it was a beautiful 70 degree afternoon for walking around town, so did not check out the exercise room. Convenient location, a block off Fountain Square and two from the Aronoff. Only two minor complaints: first, the walls are thin, and we had noisy neighbors. Second, we ordered room service after the show at 10pm (simple sandwich combos and dessert off their "quick" menu, no substitutions allowed.) You'd think such simple food would arrive in less than an hour. Not to be. I would definitely come back for the suites.

Great Place!

by TripAdvisor Member Emerald27

If you are looking for a great nights sleep this is th place. I have never sleeped in a more confortable bed in a hotel. Absolutley luxurious bed and bedding. Everything was very clean. The people were really nice and helpful. The room was kind of small, but we had gotten the rate through a 'name your price' website, so we got a great deal.
I would highly rcommend this hotel.

Comments