Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West

5510 Rybolt Road (Exit 11), (formerly Imperial House Hotel), Cincinnati, Ohio, 45248, United States
Expedia.com HIExpress.com Booking.com

More about Cincinnati

Kenneth - great waiterKenneth - great waiter

Morgan aero 8Morgan aero 8

With my nephews in Cincinatti, OhioWith my nephews in Cincinatti, Ohio

Tangeman University CenterTangeman University Center

Need Suggestions!

by luv2laughlots

We've got a group of about 15 women for a Bachelorette Party heading to Cinci and trying to find a good place to eat that would be versatile for all the different taste buds and wouldn't be too abrasive to the pocketbooks. I've been checking out all the tips and the more I look the more indecisive I become. Any suggestions??

by luv2laughlots

I wonder if we could all share the same jail cell?

by nomad7890

I did some work in Cincinnatti and we went to Burbank's at the customer's recommendation - it was awesome BBQ and looks like a fun place to go. I "google'd" for it and found it here: http://www.cincinnatiusa.com/Dining/detail.asp?RestID=7561

Great pulled pork, beef, and chicken! And a nice fun atmosphere.

Nomad

Thanks Nomad!

We've been there before and actually it's one of the Bride-to-Be's favourite places to eat. She's afraid she will eat too much and be ready to veg out! Silly Girl!

I think that is where we are going to go, unless we come up with any other ideas. We'll just have to put a load limit on her intake! It's so good you just don't want to stop!

Thanks for your help!

Travel Tips for Cincinnati

ride the Willies bus

by hersheybar

......riding the Willies bus to the Great American Ballpark! That old rundown bus puffing along across the bridge from Covington and dropping us off right at the Reds game. And the lady driving it wearing flipflops.....she did it all.....sold tickets for $2, took the tickets and drove the bus while talking on her cell phone......I couldn't feel more secure!

Procter and Gamble World Headquarters

by Stephen-KarenConn

The twin towers that house the corporate headquarters of Procter and Gamble are not a tourist attraction, but visitors to our city might find them interesting. P&G, the largest consumer goods company in the world, had it's humble beginning in Cincinnati in 1837. William Procter, a candlemaker and James Gamble, a soapmaker's apprentice, married sisters and decided to become business partners. The large number of hogs being butchered in Cincinnati (sometimes called Porkoplois) gave them plentiful raw material (fat) for their industry. By 1890 they were manufacturing 30 different kinds of soap.

Ivory Soap was invented by P&G personnel, and became their first nationwide brand. The company has continued to grow and diversify over they years until today It manufactures and distributes hundreds of different products in 180 countries of the world. Although their corporate offices are here in Cincinnati, P&G employs 98,000 people in 80 different countries. One of their very best employees is my beautiful bride, Karen, a Customer Logistics and Financial Coordinator for their North American Division, Customer Service.

Procter and Gamble has 16 "billion dollar brands." They are: Pampers, Crest, Tide, Ariel, Always, Pantene, Charmin, Bounty, Iams, Folgers, Pringles, Downy, Olay, Head & Shoulders Wella and Actonel. There are also numerous smaller brands, and all together they are used or consumed 2 billion times a day worldwide. Whenever you see the P&G moon and stars logo - wherever you are - thank Cincinnati.

The distinctive P&G towers can be viewed along I-71 or from 5th Street on the East side of downtown Cincinnati.

Cincinnati has a reputation...

by wannabeincal

Cincinnati has a reputation throughout the country as a backwater town (remember Marge and Mapplethorpe?), which is not entirely inaccurate. At the same time, there is a flourishing cultural life that goes unnoticed by many. I'm a native who has been around a little, and though I see many sides of the city, I think it is generally underappreciated. For a city it's size and location, it has a lot to offer for those who look.

Cincinnati Reds - The Great American Ballpark

by BeatChick

BASEBALL!

It seems every kid in America grew up playing baseball or, at the very least, softball. Without being able to cite official rules we still all know how to play the game. I tried recently to explain to a European friend how to play it, simple right? It took me much longer to explain than I expected and I doubt he has any more idea of how to play than before I told him.

The first professional baseball franchise, the Cincinnati Reds was one of the best professional Major League baseball teams during the 1980s led by baseball great, Pete Rose. This team garnered the nickname during that time of the Big Red Machine, denoting its position of power. One of the great tragedies of baseball is that Pete Rose has not yet been inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Baseball Commissioner, Bud Selig, is apparently waiting for Rose to make a full confession on his gambling activities. Perhaps when that happens, Pete will at last have his rightful place in Baseball history.

Current Reds manager is Dave Miley.

Current favorites in the stadium are Ken Griffey, Jr. & Barry Larkin. I get a chill every time the announcer drawls out BA-aaaaaaaRRY LARKIN! It's just great!

Our family loves going to the games. There's such a great deal of excitement, an energy in the air that just isn't as palpable watching the game from home or in a sports bar. The stadium is huge, the lights are bright, close-ups of the game are shown up on the monitor & during the breaks in the game, the players warm up & do crazy things with the crowd.

STRICTLY FOR THOSE WHO DON'T FOLLOW BASEBALL:
Click here to read the Official Baseball Rules (you may click further links in the left-hand margin of the website).

Located here is also the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum. Bring your MONEY! You'll need money for the souvenirs & the beer & hotdogs (& peanuts & popcorn & cracker jacks) you'll buy not to mention the cost of parking!

You might also wish to show up with a Reds baseball jacket or a Reds ballcap indicating your loyalty to the team! When I was growing up baseball meant the Cincinnati Reds. If you were going to a pro game it automatically meant you were going to Cincinnati. GO REDS!

Florida is a very flat state....

by surfNsmiles

Florida is a very flat state. One thing that I really miss about Cincinnati is mountain biking through the trails of Tower Park. Tower Park is loacated about 10minutes south of downtown Cincy. The single track trails can get pretty harry at some points. Whenever I go, I expect to wreck at least half a dozen times ... so wear your safety gear! There's this one time that we had to fish my bike out of a tree (if you would like to hear about the details ... just drop me an email).

Here's the info on the place:
Tower Park is technical, obstacle laden and hilly but only 10-15 minutes from Cincinnati. Check out reviews of these paths at www.single-track.com. 606-441-4226

Directions: (from Cincinnati) I-471 South to the US Rt. 27 exit. Turn left onto US Rt. 27. Turn left onto Grandview Avenue. Turn left onto Ft. Thomas Ave. Turn right on Tower Place and follow signs to park.

Comments