151 W Fifth St, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• dlandt's Profile Photo

Sterile but comfortable

We stayed two nights at the Hyatt and found it to be generally good. The rooms are comfortable and in good condition. The bathrooms are clean. Maid service didn't disturb and the hot tub was everything it promised. That said, you never really lost the feel that you were in a McDonalds. Nothing about the hotel made you feel your stay was unique or special in any way. You put your money down, you got a room. Done. The lobby is gorgeous and free valet parking was a nice and extra, but I'm not sure I would stay here if I hadn't gotten a good rate for the holiday weekend.

Unique Quality: I wouldn't recommend eating in the restaurants. The food seemed shoddy and the prices were extreme. 8 0z. of milk formy daughter's bottle ran me $3.50, which I (and the staff) found ridiculous.

Directions: Downtown

More about Hyatt Regency Cincinnati

Mediocre Good Ole Boys Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Bianca_b

Well we rolled into Cincinnati on our way back to New York during the Labor Day Fireworks, so the city was in absolute chaos. Streets where closed and we had a difficult time finding the Hyatt's parking garage. When we arrived at the Hyatt, we asked the front desk woman where the Hyatt garage was. We were given a very polite "sounding" explanation, but no real explanation at all. There was no one else in waiting in the lobby and yet the desk clerk seemed in a hurry to check us in. We were rushed through the process.

When we went to our room there was discarded room service food sitting right outside of our door. It appeared that someone was actually staying in our room. (Wasn't the case, but you would be concerned too.) We left the hotel for dinner and came back and the food was still sitting there.

The rooms themselves were pretty mediocre for the so called "Hyatt Standard", there was a large crack in the bathroom sink, it was clean but there just seemed to be a coat of dirt, it just that overall feeling of a roadside hotel - (with a view) none of the bells and whistles that Hyatt boasts.

When we returned to the hotel from dinner - there was an actual line of about thirty or so people waiting to get on the elevator. Little clusters would get on the elevator and the line would slowly move forward - like a weird traffic jam. After waiting about ten minutes, we decided to take the stairs up ten flights.

The actual clientele staying in the hotel was pretty scary. We are from New York and couldn't believe the amount of "Good Ole Boys" that were hooting an standing around. It was actually a little disconcerning.

There seemed to be parties going on in both rooms next two ours and all night long we heard hooting and yelling, from behind the walls.

I would not recommend this hotel to the more sophisticated traveler - the Hyatt Cincinnati was more of a redneck party motel.

Just an Average Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Parroquia

Booked this stay through the Hyatt website. We were supposed to be on the club level in a non-smoking room with a king bed. Upon arrival there were no non-smoking kings available on the club level. Settled for a non-smoking king on another floor and a $30 per night discount off our agreed rate. Bottom line we did not get the room we had booked.

Room was average. Bathroom was below average. Restaurant also average. Location was good for us. Our view was of the Four Points Sheraton across the street. The even numbered rooms would probably have a view of the river, stadiums and the bridges. No view for us.

The staff made an effort to make our stay pleasant. Not their fault that the people in the next room had a violent argument at 5 a.m. on our last day there.

We will probably stay somewhere else on our next visit to Cincinnati.

What a dump!

by TripAdvisor Member NYCBeachBoy

What a disappointment this hotel is! It is run down and shabby. The only restaurant in the place (aside from a Breakfast area) is a Sports Bars which has seen far better days. It serves standard fare -- don't look for anything 'healthy' or light on the menu -- it's solid burgers, fries and fatty foods. The service was unbelievably slow on both occasions that we went there--whether for lunch or after dinner drinks. But the real shame here are the rooms. They are just on their last legs. Nasty bedspreads, mouldy bathroom tile and both the sink and bathtub drains were clogged. The steam iron leaked all over the pants I was trying to press. The whole place looks like it's ready to be torn down. The service staff try their chipper best but I wonder how Hyatt can continue to operate places like this--outdated and unpleasant. This was my third bad experience with Hyatt this year. Unfortunately, there were no other options--Westin and Hilton both booked solid.

Loved it

Even though there was nothing really wrong with it, we just didn't like our first room too much, and just as soon as we told this to the registration desk, they gave us a GREAT room. They were responsive to every request from where to go to eat, to giving directions, to every single question we asked them (we had quite a few.) I thought Findley's (sp?) was a good place to eat (as was Champs,) and the staff there was friendly and helpful. I liked everything about the Hyatt (including easy access from I-75,) and every single Hyatt employee that we met was friendly, helpful and outgoing. and we will probably go back as soon as we can.

Just an average Hyatt...slightly disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member Thebestofeverything

This hotel was just as I expected, since I read all the helpful reviews from Trip Advisor so I knew what to expect..however, I choose this location because the price was right..since I belonged to the AAA, I got a discount and paid $143 per night plus we were given a $8.00 coupon per person, per day for the breakfast which was good..what can they do to bacon and eggs, right? We had trouble the first morning with some outside construction and when we complained, they were nice enough to give us 1/2 off the first night so this really was a deal...room was big and quiet and the staff was very nice, helpful and friendly but being the traveler that I am, you CANNOT compare this with the typical Hyatt Regency elsewhere...I did love the location and it lead to the Skywalk, which led to Sak's Fifth Ave. and many other mall shops and which woman does not like shopping??? There was the Westin closeby, which was sold out and the Hilton so there are other choices but this was an ok choice since we were there for only 2 nights...clean room and if you are not too fussy, this is a good choice....

Hyatt is OK

When we came into the Hyatt Regency, the lobby was beautiful. When we walked into the rooms, we were disappointed. The bedspread and blanket were not very clean. The cleanness was not great. It had an indoor pool and a hot tub. It had a fitness center and the tv was fantastic.

December 2005 visit to Hyatt Regency Cincinatti

by TripAdvisor Member rainer49

I read several reviews of this hotel before a busines trip to this hotel in December 2005. Was a bit worried after what I read, but my experience was positive. I didn't feel the hotel facilities or rooms were severely run down as other reviews indicated. The comforter was a little dated, but my room was clean and well appointed. For my room with a king bed, the layout was actually nice with a small entrance area/hall and the the bed in the rest of the room around a small corner. At first I thought this was odd but actually kept the light and noise from the hallway far away. Staff was very nice and responded to requests quickly. I was pleased after expecting to be dissappointed.

another great weekend

by TripAdvisor Member happytails

Paid $80 a nite + $20 for valet AAA (included breakfast buffet) rate

Valet was very courteous, helped with our bags and was timely when we requested our car.

Our room had a 'fabulous' view of their rooftop and a parking garage (we were only on the 6th floor), part of the PNC Bank building and part of the Carew Tower. Everything was clean and new (?), the bathroom was small but fine. One complaint common to most everywher we stay: a sticky spot on the carpet.

Pool was a bit cold so we didn't use it, just the hot tub - despite the fact that the lady in there with us kept saying how much it made her sweat. We just kept mentally reminding ourselves that it was also full of bleach so we should be okay. Also offered a sauna and workout room - we were there to relax and didn't use either.

They had live jazz on friday nite in the atrium which really added to the atmosphere.

Breakfast was great – they offered pretty much everything you wanted: waffles, french toast, bagels, lots of fresh fruit, cereal, potatoes, eggs, sausage [links AND patties], bacon, scrapple, hash, coffee, juice, etc. On Sunday, it was even better - it included brunch options like shrimp cocktail, a carving station, pastas and a friendly chef waiting to make your omelette, in addition to the aforementioned great breakfast selections. The fresh pineapple was delicious both days.

Overall, a still classy hotel, and, if had at a low price a good value.

Nice Place!

by TripAdvisor Member BakerBoysGirl

Nice comfortable room, nice bathroom. Beds are perfect for business travelers and anyone else who is dead on their feet. TV reception was not all that great, but room service was good. Nice restaurants inside as well with very nice staff. Did not use the indoor pool, but it did look beautiful. Overall, a very nice place to rest your head.

Comments