3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 71% more and rated 12% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• jennwerner's Profile Photo

A decent stay at a good price- Use Priceline

We pricelined this hotel. Got it for 39 bucks on a football weekend. That is the only way I would go with this place.
    First off the Valet service was so slow but they made up for it with their good advice on parking for the game and friendliness. Remember to add 20 bucks to total price if you use Valet but if you go on a weekend street parking is free and plentiful. If your not afraid to leave car on street.
    The Lobby - Was nice looked newly remodled and did have a gift/convenience shop which is helpful. Had soda and magazines personal needs candy batteries gifts etc....
    The food was only so - so we got room service and ate the buffet breakfast and it was overpriced. But if your used to a downtown hotel that is what you get with these places.
    The room was ok not bad for 39 bucks but if I was paying full price I would have atleast expected a mini bar. The beds were comfy and the the room was clean but the bathtub didnt drain properly. Didnt like standing in above ankle deep water while I showered myself.
    But when asked would I stay here again?? My answer probably yes but only at a price like 39 bucks.

Unique Quality: Has 4th floor pool but was closed when we were there due to time of year.

Directions: Third Street Exit off of 71 Turn Right on ELm and hotel is on the Right..

• OiKnow's Profile Photo

Great Location

We have stayed at this hotel twice on weekend getaways and found the hotel to be comfortable, and a good value. The rooms are small, but nicely appointed. Check the Sheraton web-site for speacial weekend pricing ($30 less then the price on one of the big mega travel sites.)

Unique Quality: The hotel is across from Saks Fifth Avenue, the convention center and one block from Fountain Square. It is walkable to all of downtown, including the satdiums on the River front.

• A five star hotel at a one star price...

This is a beautiful hotel! You are really taken back when you enter the lobby...incredible!

You are treated first class from the very moment you step out of your car at the valet.

Check in was quick and the agent was very friendly and helpful.

The rooms look to be recently renovated with great amenities.

The hotel connects via an enclosed walk way to the Convention Center. This really worked out great as it rained on one of the days we had business meetings.

Check out was just like the check in...fast...and the agent (a different one this time) was also very friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: The hotel has some great facilities. One of which I just mentioned above...a closed in walk way that connects the hotel to the Convention Center that they are directly across the street from. You can't get any better than that!

They have a small but great work out room, heated swimming pool, great restaraunt, offer rental cars, have a shuttle to get you around town, etc.

Directions: You can't miss it...it's the tallest hotel in Cincinnati and has huge light up signs on the sides of the buildings.

More about Millennium Hotel Cincinnati

Nice hotel and location...

Stayed here in the summer of '04. A modern property with modern amenities. Sleek decor in the guest rooms.

The rooms are a bit small, but to be expected from a downtown, high-rise property. The room rates were very reasonable. We walked in off the street and secured an $85/night rate for a king non-smoking.

The location is central to all of downtown Cincy's attractions. We walked to the Reds' ballpark for a game that night, and the football stadium and downtown arena are equally walkable.

The valet parking situation is a bit confusing (and slightly overpriced for the area). You're better off dropping off your bags and parking in one of the garages a couple blocks away. Also, be advised that the room furniture, while ultra-hip and stylish, is *not* very baby or toddler-friendly (lots of sharp edges, small glass tables within arms reach), so be prepared to do some quick baby-proofing if you are traveling with small children.

Overall, a nice hotel in a great location.

Not too bad for the price

For the price you pay, it is not too bad. It is not, however, in the class that it claims to be in.
The positive aspects: excellent location, attractive lobby, depending on what side you are, some good views on the high floors. A decent business center if you need a workstation with a printer, fax machine, etc.

The negative aspects: rooms are clean, but some already show a lot of wear. Valet parking on a busy day is unbelievably slow. Breakfast is pathetic. Fitness center is the worst I have seen in any hotel lately. Equipment was broken or functioning poorly. On a Sunday, the front-desk is not available. You have to walk to the adjacent Sheraton and use their front desk. Incidentally, if you call the front-desk on a Sunday, you will get no answer.

Not worth over $70 a night

We had to take a room @ the Four Points when our room was sold to a higher bidder @ the Millennium even though I pre checked in and was guaranteed my room. The room was OK and clean, would stay again if the price was right. Skip the breakfast buffet, it was a sad attempt and for $12 you can do better.

Three Very Good Stays

by TripAdvisor Member Bobjr

I stayed at this hotel in February, March, and againon June 11th. Stays have always been very pleasant, and an excellent value. During the most recent stay the hotel was fully booked, and there was a slight wait for the elevators. Never more than five minutes, though, and that was seriously the only drawback of the stay.

Rooms on all three visits were clean, quiet, and nicely furnished. During two of the visits I was upgraded to a "starwood preferred" room. Only difference: a slightly more comfy bed. Even numbered rooms have a terrific view of downtown Cinci, as well as of the pool on the rooftop of the lobby. My kids joined me on the most recent trip, and loved the pool (which also features a full bar serving light meals). The desk staff and concierge were always very helpful and friendly.

Location is right smack in the middle of downtown, easy walking to the ballpark, opera, convention center, fountain, and other major attractions. The hotel is connected via skywalks to most of the major downtown hotels, shopping, and convention center (a big plus in the winter). If you'd like to avoid the hotel's $18.00 parking, overnight parking for $1.00 can be found at many area garages identified by bright green "$1 PARK" signs.

This is a perfectly fine place to stay, and I've stayed at much worse "3-star" hotels. Reading many of the negative comments here leaves me puzzled as to how I had three different, very nice stays. I will stay here again when I visit the queen city in the future.

Decent hotel if you get a good deal

by TripAdvisor Member Hettie15

I would have been disappointed had I paid rack rate for this room, but considering the price I paid, it wasn't too bad. The rooms are small, but adequately furnished. The top portion of the window was filthy and someone had written their name in the dirt. We called housekeeping and they sent someone quickly. They even called later to make sure everything was okay--I was impressed by that. There are plenty of garages to park in, so skip the valet at $18 a day. There is a shuttle stop close by to get to Covington or Newport. Overall, not a bad place, but I think I will try a place on the Kentucky side of the river next time.

Theft in the Valet

We had some items stolen from our car while it was in the overpriced valet. I was lied to several times by the staff. They claim it was a ----- off the street, but our car was not broken into. The security is horrible. Our stay was finally comped, but only after several lies & phone conversations. It was not offered until I asked for it.

Cool View

My husband, his two teenage brothers, and myself stayed one night at the Four Points and were quite pleased with the hotel. It was in a great location. We were in town for the Reds ballgame and it was close enough to walk. We did pay the valet parking fee but decided it was just easier to deal with and it was good service. We could get the car out anytime if we had stayed longer that would have been more of a bonus. We got back to the hotel after the game and it was after eleven so the bar wouldn't let myself and my brother-in-laws get a drink (Coke) at the bar. I don't know if that is a local law or a hotel thing. They wouldn't even let me- I am paying for the hotel and married but since I am not 21 I couldn't join my husband who is of age. I wasn't too shook up about it. The rest of the service was fine and the room was very clean. We got an upgrade and had a city view room with two queen beds. They were comfortable and the view was ceiling to floor and amazing.

Need good Sports Bar to Watch Buckeyes this week

by jennwerner

I bought my hubby tickets to see the Bengals/Pats game on Sunday for his birthday and we will be staying at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati at 150 West 5th Street and we need to find a good fun Sports Bar to watch the Buckeye Game from on Saturday night? Please tell me there are some Buckeye Fans in Cincinnati? After we whopped on them two weeks ago I know it may be tough to find!! j/k but hubby and I are die hard fans who will miss not being here in Columbus to Party, So where is a good Sports Bar in downtown????

Thanks,
Jennifer

RE: Need good Sports Bar to Watch Buckeyes this week

by princessdorrie

willies across the river at the foot of the brent spence bridge is o.k.

Comments