21 E 5th St, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202, United States

Westin.com Booking.com Travelocity

• jacki13's Profile Photo

Walking distance to the ballpark

For the price, I would be hard pressed to recommend this hotel. A popular square is right below the hotel which is lovely to walk around during the day. However, by night it can get rather noisy. The rooms were relatively small.

• rossandkelli's Profile Photo

Great Downtown Hotel

The hotel is beautiful. Everyone was helpful and extremely clean! We stayed for two nights and everything we needed was available to us.

This is a four star hotel, I bid on priceline for a four star downtown and my $60 bid was accepted. Rooms start at $110 so I saved some money there!

Unique Quality: We had a view of the city and river.

There are restaurants on site with great views but we didn't eat there.

They have a pool and hot tub as well as a work out facility.

There is also a small shop selling all the 'quick little things' you find yourself needing; newspapers, a soda, snacks, toothpaste etc.

Directions: Downtown

More about The Westin Cincinnati

Westin Cincinnati - tired and rundown - scary, too

by TripAdvisor Member john3489

We stayed at the Westin in Cincinnati for two nights in May 2005. Expecting a classic Westin, we were sorely disappointed. The bed was nice, but that's about it. The room was tired looking, the view was of the air conditioners above the ballroom. The neighborhood is not very inviting, Fountain Square is like a giant bus terminal with fumes that could kill you. The hotel elevator requires you to put your room key in to go up, so that tells me there are security issues. Again, awful neighboorhood. There was no bar in the evening except for a loud Sports Bar. The halls were dark and uninviting. I read the review about slow check-in, and confirm ours was, too. I got on the line for Starwood frequent travelers, and thought that would speed things up. I must have had the same "confused" desk clerk that another reviewer mentions -- he was very slow and couldn't get things straight. Gave us one room key, then changed it all and gave us another. It took about 20 minutes, and we were the first one on that line! I would recommend staying across the river in Covington and not dealing with the Fountain Square area unless you really have to be in the center of the city. It's not a very attractive area, and appears to me to be somewhat unsafe. I would not walk around in the evening. I am returning in a week, and will opt for Covington, KY and a short hop across the river.

Great service

by TripAdvisor Member bbg8r

I was involved in planning a conference for 250 people at the Westin Cincinnati. The staff here was the most helpful staff I have EVER worked with. They answered every request we had within minutes. I definitely suggest their services. The rooms are nice, the Westin Heavenly beds are always great.

What a dissapointment in both service and quality

I was extremely disappointed with the Westin Cincinnati. Our room was very run down. The carpet was not vacuumed between guests and even had someone's old cellular earpiece on the floor. The bathroom sink molding was peeling off. The check in process was extremely slow and the person behind the desk was very confused. After we left the hotel I realized I had left a pair of shoes in the room. When I called house keeping she was rude from the beginning yelling on the phone. She told me she would call me back, but I never heard from her...so I called to follow up. She told me they weren't there. When I questioned her about where she looked, she became belligerent yelling at me telling me that there are processes in place and I will just have to wait until she is ready to get back to me. This is not very reflective of any 4 star hotel I have stayed in the past. I would recommend revisiting the four star rating and certainly staying somewhere else in Cincinnati.

Poor service, inattentive and unprofessional staff

by TripAdvisor Member Rahwayan

I visited 2 years ago and in Sept. 2005 thinking I'd give the hotel another chance but was disappointed both times.

The #1 complaint I have concerns the front desk staff. Check-in (with no other guests waiting & plenty of staff) took 25 minutes due to incompetence of front desk staff who, it turned out, did not know what he was doing. Despite plea by us for intervention, no other agent offered to help although they were not busy and could see our frustration. Staff demeanor was surly (not what 1 would expect of a Westin-caliber hotel). Friends who had checked in at a different hour reported similar experience.

All 3 elevators are extremely slow, always requiring a long wait, especially from upper floors.

Rooms were nothing special, although typical Westin pillow-top mattresses were good. Little things were disappointing, like the fact that the message light indicated a message and it turned out to be 2 days old (prior to when I had checked in).

I would NOT recommend the Westin Cincinnati.

Coasting on its reputation elsewhere...

by TripAdvisor Member NYCBeachBoy

I am a big fan of Westin Hotels and their heavenly accoutrements. The Westin Cincinnati has them all in place but the hotel itself is on the slippery slope. It really needs a makeover. Lobby is looking tired, Albee's Restaurant even more so. Then onto the rooms themselves--looking shabby even with those great beds. Also, one side of the double shower head didn't work and the tub didn't drain properly. Finally, because of its location down the street from P&G worldwide headquarters, the Heavenly toiletries are partially replaced by P&G brands and not the best of them--Ivory soap (likely the worst soap in the world for skin btw) and Pert Shampoo --just not top of the line. The service was fine, the help perfectly nice. It's just the property that needs attention. Whether it will ever get it is another question. It could easily be called the Westin Proctor and Gamble since that company would seem to have a lock hold on the activities and the guestrooms in the hotel. So whether they could close down to make the hotel up to the standards of the rest of the chain is questionable. But if you have to travel to Cincinnati often, you'll be rooting for it.

Wonderful Stay at the Westin

by TripAdvisor Member Jacobl23

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Westin and had a wonderful experience. The Westin had great rooms and exercise and fitness center. I would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Cincinnati.

Once Nice, but Slowly Declining

by TripAdvisor Member Bubba'sDad

I have stayed here on business several times. On the next visit to Cincinnati, I will be trying a different hotel. It would appear that the hotel is trying to cut corners. A lot of things seem to be shop worn. One or more of the three elevators are sporadically broken, with many days elapsing before repairs are made. The front desk staffing level seems to be maintained at a mininal level. The heating controls are not responsive in a given room with some rooms being hot, others cold.

A telephone call of any kind (local or 800) costs $2. Internet access is $12 per day - $16 if you want to include free calling privileges which might be a bargain for some travelers when working in the room all day.

On the plus side, the staff people are all very pleasant and responsive. The hotel is reasonably quiet if you get a higher floor. Noises of the city will still be heard.

The hotel is OK if you can get a good rate (under $100/nt).

Comments