Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland Downtown

1701 E. 12th St., Cleveland, Ohio, 44114, United States

• Wonderful Anniversary!

It's been almost a week since returning from our anniv. wknd. get-away to the dwntn. emb.stes. First off, the staff is to die for! Extremely cordial and attentive, from the valet/bellmen to housekeeping, there were smiles and congrats from all. I don't know how they all knew! We were taken to a huge, comfortable suite;clean and quiet. We were also presented with a complimentary ice-bucket full of glasses and champagne. Any call made to any area - service, frt.dsk., etc., was answered promptly. The complimentary brkfst. was delicious, and the line moved quickly. We had use of the free shuttle for our dinner date, and saved on pkg. We live right down the street, but embassy suites and staff took us away for a little while. We had GREAT time!

Directions: Downtown

• kdoc13's Profile Photo

Embassy Suites Hotel - Downtown

Embassy Suites are probably the nicest hotels I have stayed in when traveling on business. I love the paper in the morning, the large bed, a TV and a sofa in a different room, and at most of the ones I have stayed in, there is a happy hour with free beer. I think it is a thing they do from time to time, bot a regular event, so this may be different for you.

The rooms are above average. There is a kitchenete, so if you have kiddies (which is not the norm at this place, but do-able) you can save some expenses by microwaving your food at the hotel. There is also a free breakfast, which was more than just the normal muffin and orange + coffee which you get at many hotels.

Unique Quality: It is a little more expensive, but well worth it. Just for the extra space, kitchenette, and other room, it was very much worth it. The pool here is nice, the location is convenient to anything downtown, including the stadiums and museums, and they often run promotions like the "Rock and Roll Package" which includes two complimentary all day passes to the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Call them and ask for specials at the number below.

Directions: Take 71 North to 9th Street East Exit.
    Follow East 9th Street to Chester Avenue.
    Make a right then a left onto East 12th Street

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland Downtown

Business Trip

by TripAdvisor Member listeve

A nice hotel for for business or pleasure. Located a few blocks from Jacobs Field and the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame this hotel has a first class conference center.

The rooms are what you'd expect from Embassy Suites; big, clean and comfortable. Especially nice was a room thermostat that actually kept the room at a comfortable temperature.

My only quibbles are that the self parking is inconvenient and the valet parking exorbitant at $18.00/day. They also charge for Internet connectivity.

Not up to par!

I am a Honors memeber and decided to take the family out of town for the weekend. The other reviews are accurate. I have stayed at many Embassy Suites, and this one is the worst ever.
Do NOT attempt to park an SUV in their garage. I had to park my car on the street and walk 2 blocks back to the hotel!

The lobby is not on the street level.

The hotel shares the building with an apartment complex, so there is quite a bit of elevator traffic with the residents.

The rooms are VERY outdated (peeling wallpaper, stained carpet).

The thermostat was impossible to regulate!

The bar area was decent but very smokey.

I would not recommned staying here.

Not up to par!

by TripAdvisor Member hotelczar

This did not compare to the Embassy Suites I've visited in the past. In fact, this hotel is damaging to the brand. The lobby is oddly situated on the 5th floor. To access from the parking garage, you have to leave and come back in. The hotel reeks of smoke...even the lobby. The rooms are tired and the furniture is worn. The desk staff was not very knowledgable. The free breakfast was lousy.

I got a great rate, and I can tell why. You get what you pay for. I was expecting more. The Embassy Suites in New York and Chevy Chase, DC are more what I expected. If you're looking for nice, stick with the Marriott.

Excellent Staff!

by TripAdvisor Member sanabu

This was a very good hotel for the price. The rooms are clean and roomy. The best part about this hotel is the staff. They were friendly and helpful. I felt they wanted to please me. To us this hotel was very practical. We were there to visit Case Western Reserve University. It is only ten minutes from Case. Breakfast was bit better than other hotels of similar price. The lobby is on the 5th floor and make sure you request free wireless internet otherwise they are going to want to charge you 10 dollars. Hard to believe today!! A very nice experience in general. I would use this hotel again.

Okay stay

by TripAdvisor Member WIHolly

The staff were all very friendly and polite. The parking is a pain. You have to park in the public parking that is attached to this hotel/apartment building. Then you have to take the elevator to the street and then reenter the hotel from the street. I think there is only one bellhop and one cart for the hotel which is compounded by having only a single lane for dropping off. We had to make several trips from our car to our room. One nice element was that they have shuttle service to anywhere within downtown Cleveland. This saved us having to park elsewhere and pay those fees. The happy hour was very subpar. The drinks were fine, in fact, it wasn't always limited to rail drinks. The breakfast was great. We didn't end up using the pool or exercise room. The hotel room itself had some up points and down points. Overall, it was clean, but very shabby. The bedroom was tiny for two queens to fit in it. The living area was huge. Since we were travelling with our two daughters, this was a real plus. The towels were nice and fluffy and the beds were comfortable. We like having two TVs. Even though the staff were great and they are doing some renovating, I wouldn't stay there again.

Don't Stay!!

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. The rooms are very outdated and not very clean. Our full kitchen had no dish towels or dish cloths. The coffee pot contained used coffee grounds. Also when we arrived at 2:30 p.m., there was a tray of food sitting in the hall about five doors down from us. When we returned from the Indians game at approximately 11:00 p.m., the food was still sitting in the hall with flies having quite a feast! We called the front desk and their excuse was that the hotel is under renovation and asked us to please come back next year - the hotel would be "awesome". They finally did remove the fly-infested food tray. Please don't waste your money.

Embassy Suites very cental but okay hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ElNYC

I had a stopover in Cleveland and stayed one night at the Embassy Suites and my experience was okay. The setup of the hotel is a little odd. The lobby, registration and meal area were on the 5th floor. I checked in around 5:00PM and the initial room that they assigned me was in the middle of being cleaned up, so I had to go down to the 5th floor again to get assigned another room. The new suite was fine although I was surprised that the furnishings were generic for a 4-star rated hotel. I was the only occupant in the suite so there was more than enough space. There was a TV in the livingroom and a desk and there was a TV in the bedroom. There was no formal closet, just a space with a bar to hang your stuff. The manager's reception was a nice touch. What I really liked was the hot, made-to-order breakfast that was included. I ordered a cheese and mushroom omelet, there was a buffet area that had sausages, bacon, and scrambled eggs, cereals, juices, and a whole variety of pastries. The location was convenient and central. The hotel is in a complex that has luxurious apartments for rent and a few stores including a supermarket. The front desk staff were okay. I got a great rate in this hotel and I would book this hotel again if I get another great rate but my experience wasn't really out of the ordinary.

Comments