Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown

See Hotels with Lower Price

Tags

Road Trip Budget Travel Business Travel
See Amenities

*Not* a great pick for customer service

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in late Oct. 2010. The in room coffee pot was dirty and we had to request blankets because there were no comforters on the beds. But the worst was being woken very early Sunday morning to the sound of a fire alarm and a man's voice repeating "Testing" over the speaker in the room! When we called the front desk, the operator told us it wasn't the hotel. When we checked out, we brought this up. No help (but the desk clerk did say it was the hotel's fire alarm test). Asked to speak with a manager, there wasn't one on duty. Called the manager and left a message, didn't receive a call back. Filled out an online survey. Got a call from the manager who said she would look into the matter and get back with us. Didn't hear back. Sent an email to customer care. Never heard back. Do not stay at this hotel if good customer service is important to you!

Unique Quality: Location is great for walking to downtown attractions.

Directions: Downtown

Holiday Inn Express Downtown

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 17, 2011

I'll start by saying the front desk staff were friendly and helpful, the room was huge and nicely furnished. However, the details leave a lot to be desired. The lobby looks like the entrance to bank vault. There was exposed wiring (to the motion sensor to the toilet) in the first rest room I walked into, and looked none too clean. I went to play some pool, and the pool tables were so covered with food crumbs, I think I can righteously blame that for how poorly I played. When I bumped the thermostat, though, I found the reason I'll never stay here again. The ceiling began vibrating, and the furnace was so noisy I could not hear the show I was watching on my laptop. Better to be a little chilly than turn on the heat. The location is right in the middle of downtown, so there was very little in a two block area but bars and nightclubs (but I was going to a conference the next day at the House of Blues, so that was okay) Pass this one by if you can. I couldn't, because it was two blocks away from where I was going...

erikatheskysailor's Profile Photo

A great downtown hotel.

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 13, 2005

Most times that my friend Erik has come to visit me, he's stayed here and has been very pleased. I have enjoyed it, too! The staff are friendly, mainly. The rooms have always been clean for us; even the kitchenette. The kitchenette isn't much, though; a refridgerator, coffeemaker, and a microwave; they also appear clean. The coffee-in-a-packet isn't half bad, though! The shower heads are awesome; they make the water stream very comfortable; I think that they're massaging shower heads. Anyway, the bathroom appears very clean, replete with a plethora of towels. The TV is cable, with video gaming options. The bedsheets could be softer, though... But the pillows are big and comfy! There is also a DSL or cable internet hookup and desk. Overall, even our single-bed room was huge; a lot of room to move. They also seem to have covered the basic amenities. This hotel is better than the nearby Holiday Inn Lakeside! The breakfast bar has a lot of choices, and what I've tried there I was always satisfied with. Thye even have a business center, with two computers; only one was turned on each time we had gone down there, though, and the computers were operting on Win 98 or 95; they were clunky and slow much of time.

Anyway, reviewing hotels isn't my strength, but I highly recommend staying here. Need more reasons? Follow the link.

Unique Quality: The building has a classical, early 20th century type of architecture/decor. It's beautiful. The hotel's location is very close to a variety of nightlife hotspots, too.

Nearby Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Cleveland Travel Forum

Need advice about Cleveland, Ohio? Visit the Travel Forum for Cleveland and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cleveland hotel reviews

Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
"A Christmas Story" House & Museum
Jail converted into a beautiful Bed and Breakfast
Off The Beaten Path
VISIT TERMINAL TOWER "TOWER CITY"
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME
VISIT THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME
Things to Do
VISIT THE HARD ROCK CAFE CLEVELAND.
The Best Words are in the Eyes of the Bookstore
Bike the Towpath
Kayak a Great Lake
Things to Do
Great Little Place for Breakfast!
Lucky's Cafe
Momocho Mod Mex
Melt Bar and Grilled
Cleveland Lakefront Bikeway.
Sports & Outdoors
Best Mexican Food in Cleveland
Restaurants
Better than Long John Silver's?? Not exactly...
A Little Chunk of Taiwan
Restaurants
Nothing to write home about....
Nothing special here.
Restaurants
Eat there at your own risk.
Restaurants
Flavorful food in an artsy setting
Restaurants
Inexpensive comfort food in a trendy area.