127 Public Square, Cleveland, Ohio, 44114, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Marriott.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Great Location for walking/shopping

We got a package that covered our accomodations, 2 tickets for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, buffet breakfast for two, and valet parking (with in/out priveleges) which we felt was better than we'd have done staying further away and paying separately for the items.
    The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - everyone went out of their way to speak and to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We found that everywhere we went in Cleveland, actually.
    We were about a 10-15 minute walk to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and the stadium was another couple of minutes walk. There was shopping within 5 minutes walk, and lovely plazas to enjoy around the area.
    The breakfast buffet was excellent - a choice of hot and cold items; make it yourself waffles, and an omelet made to order station - lots of fresh fruit and cereals (oatmeal and cold cereals).
    The pool and exercise equipment rooms looked nice, although we didn't get using them.
    If you want to be downtown, would highly recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: Our room looked out towards the lake, and there was lots of walking area around.
    It was very clean and comfortable hotel.

• The Worst Marriott Ever

Let's see: 1) The service and food were awful at their "sports" bar, Jake's (the chicken caused my wife to get ill); 2) our room was dank and musty smelling; 3) my Ipod and white gold cross were stolen from my room--and they did not reimburse me; 4) the security staff were rude and incompetent; 5) Cleveland is a ghost town if there are no sports going on.

All-in-all, my experiences at the Marriott Cleveland Key Center were so bad that I don't think that I'll ever stay at a Marriott again.

Unique Quality: Seeing it in my rear view mirror as I left town.

Directions: centrally located in a tired, boring city

• el_ruso's Profile Photo

Downtown Marriott

While this hotel is somewhat pricey, especially for Cleveland, it is REALLY nice and comfortable. The beds in particular - they were probably the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. It is also centrally located.

Unique Quality: comofortable, central location, recently remodeled

Directions: Downtown

• kdoc13's Profile Photo

Marriott at the Key Center Downtown Cleveland

I guess I expect more from a Marriott than what I got. Most of the time, I am happy just to have a good roof over my head, a nice comfortable bed and decent cable....oh yeah, and a very clean and well kept bathroom. Well, this Marriott does all that, it has great service, and is in a location that is under a mile to anything interesting to do in the downtown area.

But, there is just something about the place which I can't put my finger on which makes it uncomfortable to me. I think it is just the atmosphere. I am used to other business hotels, when I travel, this doesn't have the business feel, it is more like the place where people pretending to be rich go to stay.

As a hotel goes, it has everything you could want in a hotel, from the hair dryers in the room, to cribs and a PC with a printer available.

The room rates vary depending on time of year and there are times when you will not be able to get a room there at all. At times, football teams stay there, and it gets crowded, although surprisingly quiet. They also offer special packages you can inquire about from the staff. There is a Rock and Roll hall of fame package, but it is not year round.

For the same price, I would choose the Embassy Suites, for less, I wouldn't look downtown.

Unique Quality: Key plaza is a nice area of downtown, good views, close to places like John Q's steakhouse and Frank and Pauly's Italian. The in-hotel bars and eating establishments are convenient and relatively average priced compared to many things downtown.

Directions: On public Square in Downton Cleveland

More about Marriott Cleveland Key Center

Ditto: This is a Marriott?

by TripAdvisor Member pollyjean23

This is the second time we have stayed at this property. We stay here to decompress before getting on the plane back home to NC after visiting family in NE Ohio.

Both stays have proved to be wonderful at Marriott Cleveland Downtown at Key Center. This is a beautiful hotel with responsive and friendly staff, great views of Cleveland, and close proximity to much of the fun the city has to offer.

The rooms are the focal point of the property. Modern, comfortable, and uplifting design in the rooms make for a premier stay. Bath & Body Works products in the bath are a nice touch for this level hotel.

Dinner at the restaurant downstairs was very nice too. The chicken dish (with potatoes, artichokes, etc.) was fab. The wine list is pretty good to for the caliber of the restaurant and the region of the U.S.

Room service is responsive; the food is decent. (egg white omelet with mushrooms & spinach)

Upon arrival on December 25th, we asked for a room on an upper floor with a great view. Wow! They gave us a king-size room on the corner overlooking the Lake, stadium, Science Center, and Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Absolutely wonderful view.

I recommend this hotel to just about everyone who wants and/or needs to stay in Cleveland.

Great Hotel, Great Staff

by TripAdvisor Member cellgirl99

Stayed for 1 night at the Marriott Key Center. Was on the 14th floor (room 1419) and had an awesome view of the Brown's stadium and the river. Room was really nice and updated. Flat screen TV, mini fridge, super comfy bed with nice cushy down comforter & lots of pillows. Good sheets too (all the ladies will appreciate this). Bath & Body Works products in the room. The staff was super nice. We asked for walking directions to a certain restraunt, went out in the freezing cold & the front desk must have been watching that we went the wrong way, so she ran outside without a coat to turn us around. Had a few drinks in Jake's bar & Chris the bartender was really cool. Super nice. We would not hesitate to stay here at all. If you plan on staying here you have 2 choices with your parking. You can either pay $18 a day at the front desk for a key card or you can pay $6 each time you go out of the parking garage. So if you plan on going in and out several times throughout the day it's probably best to just pay the $18. If you choose not to do that through the hotel, be prepared with cash upon leaving the parking garage as they do not accept credit or debit cards. We would DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again & would not hesitate to recommend this to any of our friends or family.

Can I please get into my room!

by TripAdvisor Member TacoMel

First off, this is a very nice hotel in the heart of downtown Cleveland. This is where I would stay if I ever had occasion to return to Cleveland. It is five star, excellent, in every sense of the words.

Except... and the reason I could only give it a 3/5 ... we had a "terrible" time checking in. We were in town for a football game at Cleveland Browns Stadium (walking distance from hotel). The game started at 7:00 PM. We requested early checkin because our flight arrived in the late morning and were told it shouldn't be a problem. When we arrived at 1:00 PM, they said the room is not ready but should be soon. That's fine, and we went out and got lunch. We returned at 2:30 and were told the room was not ready, so we had to wait until check-in time (4:00 PM). This is within their rights, certainly, although a bit disappointing.

So, 4:00 PM came, we went up to the desk, and were again told the room was not ready. They had some guests in the room that had not checked out on time, so the room had yet to be cleaned, we were told. By this time, waiting for 3 hours, we were growing impatient. When we checked at 4:30 PM, the room was still not ready. The guy at the front desk offered to buy us a drink at the hotel bar - I said NO, I want money off my bill (which they obliged). At 4:45 PM the room was still not ready so I called 1-800-MARRIOTT from right there in the lobby and proceeded to complain to customer service. They called the manager of the hotel to inform them that guests were upset. At 5:00 PM, the room was finally cleaned and we could get settled.

Unfortunately, since our football game started at 7:00 PM, that was only enough time to get unpacked and changed, before it was time to head to the stadium. This entire experience was quite aggravating, as they really didn't seem to care much. It really seemed that they'd rather get late check-out fees from the people before than to make sure we were satisfied.

I hope this is not a regular occurrence. I give the accommodations an A+, the service from the front desk an F, and an overall grade of C.

This is a Marriott?

by TripAdvisor Member hotelwiz

wow is all i can say, i'm a lifetime marriott member, have stayed in marriotts all over the world this is by far the best marriott i've stayed at. don't confuse this with j.w marriott or renassance which have it's on style.
the marriotts have been pretty basic 4 some time but lately a change has taken place.
the hotel located in downtown cleveland is close to everything the football,baseball & baskeball venue's are within walking distance, the rock hall is also in walking distance.
they also have a underground mall with shops,resturants & movie house within walking distance.

the hotel i was told was renovated...i'm wondering what it looked like before the changes.
the valet service was fast,helpful & polite we arrived when a blacktie event was ending but they still showed us the utmost attention.

check-in was very smooth we were given two rooms on the club lounge floor.
even with it being late (after 10:30 pm) we were given several lists of resturants that delivered latenight (not just mr.pizza)
those places we ordered from came within the hour with food for 6 hungry people...price was very cheap..food very tasteful.(we ordered latenight chow every night of our stay because we loved it!)

upon walking into our room we were floored not by the view at night , but by the size of the room(very large),size of the bed(super king size), furniture in the room(art deco), nightstands adjacent to the beds(contemp),nightlight hanging over the bed(two one 4 each side) the 42 inch wall mounted flat screen t.v.

the desk in the room could be rolled out to turn your room into a divided office space or dining table wow! no people not the small part under the desk the whole desk!
bathroom & products were very nice, large bath area & very large closet.
nice pictures also adorned the room. vibrant colors of burgundy inside room went well with mahagony furniture.
stayed 4 days took kids to cedar point,yankee's vs indians ball game,rock hall & nfl hall of fame and the mall of course.

we all loved cleveland and were surprised by how nice it was.
the hotel staff was great, davids resturant has very good breakfast buffet but get there early on sunday lines can get long.

i didn't try dinner at the hotel i belive that one shouldn't eat at a hotel resturant unless u have some kind of package that includes dinner. breakfast seem to be any large hotels forte while dinner brings mixed results from hotel guest.
all in all very good stay at this marriott. yes it's a marriott!

valet price was only $12.00

Great Stylish rooms, great location.

by TripAdvisor Member Designgal

We stayed here in June with many weddings and reunions etc. Our first room shared a door with an adjacent room. The girls staying there were having a great time, but it was a little too noisy for us. We called the front desk to request a "quieter" room. The staff was very accomodating and helped us move to a higher floor. Same great view. We would certainly stay there again when visiting Cleveland.

Nice hotel, responsive management

by TripAdvisor Member katydid06

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our first wedding anniversary. We had considered several destinations, but chose Cleveland for its proximity to Detroit, and it sounded like there were some fun things to do in town.

We booked last-minute, but the Davids Dining Package was available: breakfast for two, 4-course dinner for two (2 salads, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 desserts), and parking for $199/night. It was a great deal, but the dinner was a LOT of food... it just felt a little wasteful because we couldn't finish it all. However, with so much food for breakfast and dinner, we didn't spend any other money on meals while in town.

We had a couple problems, but the management was quick to fix them. Upon arrival, the toilet backed up. An engineer was sent within 10 minutes, and the problem was fixed. The front desk then called to follow up. The following day at breakfast, the restaurant was taken over by guests from a wedding the previous night. One woman wanted seating for 20 guests together. The restaurant was doing their best to accommodate, but meanwhile my husband and I were sitting right in the middle of where they were trying to seat the party, with tables being moved around us, and guests surrounding our table instead of waiting at the front. It was obvious that they wanted our table, too, so we felt rushed to leave. It was very distracting. We complained to the front desk, and they gave us a credit on our bill since the breakfast was already included. Later that night, we learned that the restaurant closes at 2pm on Sunday. We had the dinner package, so we called to find out how that would work. The front desk allowed us to order the dinner package via room service. We also ordered breakfast via room service due to the chaos the day before. After breakfast, the front desk called to check on the service.

Over all, I would say this is a nice hotel with proactive management. The valet service was prompt and friendly, and the rooms were clean. We didn't use any hotel amenities (pool, fitness center, etc.) so I couldn't comment on those. The location was great for walking to the Warehouse District, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Great Lakes Science Center, or Browns Stadium, and the Cleveland MetroParks Zoo is only a 5-10 minute drive.

Comments