1260 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• tvdandy's Profile Photo

Great location, but the sales tax will kill you

Great location, within walking distance to the theatre district, Playhouse Square, Cleveland Indians stadium and 4th street, where a good amount of nightlife is. There is an indoor pool and nice lounge and restaurant. Relatively safe. You have to pay for parking, so put that in your budget. WARNING about sales tax. I was quoted 115.00 for room, but after the insane city taxes and parking fees, the actual cost was 145.00. Almost 30% more.

• bcorbitt's Profile Photo

Nice downtown hotel

This is a very large downtown hotel with valet parking. My cousin was getting married there on of all days New Years Eve. The hotel including the room, the food and banquet facility were all excellent. I was upgraded to one of the corner rooms(622) which is a huge almost triple size room with separate sleeping and living areas. The view out the window was a parking garage which is about as good as it getin Cleveland. The normal size rooms were still decent size for a downtown hotel. The room was cleaned every day and the bed was very comfortable. It compares well if not a little better than other Wyndhams I have stayed at in the past.

Unique Quality: No plays were going on over the Holidays but there seemed to be some big name broadway plays coming or just leaving the theatres near the hotel so this would be great if that was your plan for a nice night out on the town. Be prepared to be spend money as the restaurants were either sports bars or very expensive restaurants. The pool in the basement was decent size for a hotel though the fitness equipment was a few cardio pieces.

Directions: Right in downtown near intersection of Euclid and 12th.

More about Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square

Great Value on Cleveland Hotel Room

by TripAdvisor Member Reited_Traveler

I stayed at the Wyndham Cleveland on Friday and Saturday nights (1/5-7/07) in a king bed room. The daily rate was $78 per night + taxes (15%) + valet parking ($22 per night). The rate was obtained through the Wyndham website. Because of my Wyndham By Request membership, I was upgraded to a large corner king room with a seating area and great views of Playhouse Square.

The room had a king bed, two night stands, television armoire, coffee table, two end tables, sofa, chair, desk with ergonomic chair, refrigerator, microwave, separate vanity area with one wash basin. The separate bathroom with toilet and tub shower is small.

The room and bathroom were clean. The carpet and furniture are not new but were in acceptable condition. The room has six large window but none of them open. There were two controls for the HVAC that worked well in maintaining a comfortable room temperature.

Because of my Wyndham By Request membership, I also received a check in snack, free high speed Internet access, and free local and long distance telephone calls. If you do not have a Wyndham By Request membership, I would register for the program on the Wynham website before staying at any Wyndham property.

I checked in a little after 3:00 p.m. and had to wait approximately a half hour for an upgraded room to be cleaned. I could have had a regular room immediately. Checking out took 15 minutes because the desk clerk was unfamiliar with the computer system and was having difficulty producing a zero balance bill.

Due to construction on Euclid Avenue the area around the hotel seems rather deserted. The only restaurant open in the area was the hotel restaurant. I had breakfast there both mornings. The food and service was good.

The location is excellent for attending events at any of the five Playhouse Square theaters. A car or taxi would be probably be better than walking for getting to most of the other downtown Cleveland attractions.

Good value at the Wyndham

We stayed at the Wyndham at the end of May 2006. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. At had no complaints regarding the room itself and felt that I got my money's worth having paid aan internet rate that was much lower than the posted rate. However, check in was slow and there was no concierge on duty on Saturday or Sunday night.

Great room, Great staff, covenient location

We (myself, wife & 4 yr. old daughter) just spent a long weekend at the Wyndham Playhouse Square. As Wyndham request members, we were upgraded to a beautiful Corner King room on the 12th floor w/ a view of the Lake. The sauna, pool, and jacuzzi in the basement were almost always empty and extremely enjoyable. The staff was terrific and accomodating, from the front desk to the bellmen to the bartender. The area is VERY quiet on weekends, but it's a short walk to Jacobs Field, Public Square, and the Rock n Roll HOF. The airport and zoo are 15-20 mins. by cab. The warehouse district is 5 mins. by cab. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cleveland, be it for business or, in our case, a weekend getaway, as we had a lovely time, and are now loyal Wyndham customers based on our experience here & at the dowtown Chicago Wyndham 2 yrs. ago.

Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member oleander124

Our stay at Wyndham was wonderful. We had a corner king room that had a total of 12 windows that overlooked the theatre district and we could see Lake Erie. The hotel staff was very friendly...especially the bellman...he asked us why we were in town and brought us information of events that pertained to what we told him. That was unexpected and greatly appreciated. We had a great time walking around Cleveland...didn't need the car at all the entire weekend because everything we wanted to do (Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame, Warehouse District, etc.) was in walking distance. I didn't think the rate for valet service was bad at all because one parking garage we used before we checked in charged us $12 for only an hour and a half!!! I loved the valet service...it was very convenient.

Super value can be had if you look carefully

by TripAdvisor Member msm

Despite a few glitches (all were corrected when brought to the hotel's attention), this hotel provides an excellent weekend value.

We were one of three couples staying overnight for an event in town. We managed a much better rate than the rest of our friends by looking on the Wyndham site for weekend packages and using our By Request membership (It's free; sign up on their site). Look carefully at the room selections. We got a King room with sitting area for the same price as any other room. It had both a shower stall and a separte tub in its large bathroom, and two TVs. Because we are "By Request"members, wine, soda, candy and peanuts were sent to our room. Our package included valet parking and a cooked to order buffet breakfast. All for under $100.

The hotel is just starting to show its age. Our room had some slices and patching in the wallpaper, as well as a few small carpet stains. However, the bedding was new and of high quality.

An error was made on our bill but was quickly corrected and our snacks were forgotten initially.

Overall, it's a great value for the money--room size, location, perks.

I love this place!

by TripAdvisor Member NancyKay

I have been here a couple times now, and just love it. I have no complaints whatsoever, only compliments. I suggest joining the byrequest member club before going. I enjoy all the extra special benefits it brings, especially the room upgrade. I again had a corner king on the curve. My room looked right down on Playhouse square. My great rate also included free breakfast. My welcome snacks, pop and extra pillows were waiting in my room for me, along with a note, thanking me for coming. I also got a phone call later on from the byrequest manager, asking if everything was ok.

I had requested the same room I previously had when I was there before, but it was taken, but I did get the room right across the hall, which was exactly the same! Beautiful King bed, sofa, chair, coffee table, fridge, microwave, several great windows, and very clean and spacious. The front desk women were very polite and friendly, as usual. I also requested a late check out which was no problem. Pool was great, and even when I went down to use it, I had it all to myself! I carried my own bag, but the bellmen were there holding the door for me and ready to help if I needed it. I parked on the street for the night, and had no parking fee. I wished I could have stayed longer. I love this place and will be back.

I will always stay at the Wyndham when I go to Cleveland.

Excellent service and value.

by TripAdvisor Member JSurace

We stayed at the Wyndham on Playhouse Square in early December 2006. The staff were courteous even though we arrived at 4am after many delayed flights. The hotel has very convenient freeway access nearby. We only used the $22 valet parking. Room service was good and there was free internet access. There are two corner rooms at the end of each floor which overlook the square - you want these, as they are extremely large and have their own sitting areas. Ours also had a microwave, mini-fridge, and a well-updated bathroom with a tub and marble trim. Should we ever be in Cleveland again (there for business), we will definitely stay there.

Disappointed and Exhausted

by TripAdvisor Member alisacherril

After reading the other reviews on this site, I am dismayed and disappointed by my stay at the Wyndam. We stayed in 1415. The room smelled musty and of smoke (we asked for non-smoking). We were given two full-sized beds instead of a king as we had requested.

The carpets were stained and old. Our room was tiny. The furniture showed much wear and tear. I could have overlooked those things. But at 4:20 am, a group of drunk women checked into a room down the hall from us. They were incredibly loud and rude. It took security being called twice to get them to take any action. The gentlemen who spoke with them seemed more sympathetic to them than to the other guests trying to sleep. After a third call, the ladies quieted down a bit, but by then, I had been awake for two hours and my alarm rang 20 minutes later.

It was awful.

I don't know if there are newer, updated rooms in the hotel. I wish we had gotten one. If there are better rooms, I simply can't understand why any property would maintain ones like what my fiance and I were forced to bear.

Comments