Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus Airport

4240 International Gateway, Columbus, Ohio, 43219, United States

More about Columbus

Blue Jay in flightBlue Jay in flight

cranescranes

Highrise Condo on West Broad Street, Columbus, OHHighrise Condo on West Broad Street, Columbus, OH

Preserved German Village Home, Columbus, OHPreserved German Village Home, Columbus, OH

Travel Tips for Columbus

Imposing Edifice of Beauty

by deecat

While staying at the Hyatt on Capitol Square, both Jill and I were intrigued by the imposing edifice across the street; thus, we went to investigate. It turns out that this huge building is the Trinity Episcopal Church. Now, this is an old building. As the plaque indicates, it was organized in 1817, incorporated in 1832, and the present building was erected in 1869.

It's a Gothic Revival period building that takes up about one block of Broad and Third Streets. It's designated Historic Landmark, which we are thankful for...it cannot be destroyed by encroaching development.

On one side of the church, we noticed a door that was designated for free meals; therefore, we assume that they have a program for the homeless and the poor. (I sure to approve of that).

We kind of "giggled" when we saw another sign for the very lowest area (down some steps to a basement-like area) that indicated a PUB CRAWL. I have no idea what a Pub Crawl has to do with a church, but it appears that they serve Beer, and it is part of going from spot to spot to try different beers. Just when I think that I have heard it all, something new comes up to surprise me. If anyone knows about this Pub Crawl situation, let me hear from you.

I will tell you that as a lover of old buildings and beautiful architecture, I was simply fascinated by this incredible Trinity Episcopal Church structure..

125 East Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio
614-221-5351

A Familiar Favorite

by cjg1 about The Texas Roadhouse

The Texas Roadhouse is a chain of BBQ/Steak restaurants. The menu has a variety of steaks, ribs, chicken and BBQ items. The big draw to the restaurant is their friendly service, big portions and teh fact you can pick out your own meat from a display case. Liz and I normally requent their Orange Connecticut location but were happily surprised to find a location here in Columbus. The restuarant was lierally 5 minutes from our hotel so it was an easy choice for a meal. The restaurant has the typical Texas flair inside with country music, texas memorablia, large display case of meat and the signature barrels filed with salted penuts in their shells. The wait for a booth wasn't too long; about 10 minutes. After being shown to our booth we decided on some drinks; a beer for me and a Margarita for Liz. The warm buns were a nice treat to the cold raining weather outside. We actually went through two baskets of rolls before we had our dinner. I already knew I wanted so I ordered the ribs with a side of baked beans and mashed potato. Liz ordered a steak with fries and green beans. As always with the Roadhouse the service is excellent and the food is outrageously good. The ribs here are always excellent. I also love their warm rolls with their delicious cinnamon honey butter.

Get yourself a burger...it's all good!!!

by spartan about Max & Erma's

Max and Erma's is a family bar-style chain launched back in the '70s. The place is famous for it's burgers, especially the Garbage Burger' (the toppings outweigh the burger beneath them). If you order a "platter" you'll get massive piles of french fries and onion rings. I've tried the Bacon Cheddar Burger
(aged cheddar cheese and crispy bacon strips, lettuce, tomato and a red onion slice on a grilled bun along with pickle slices and a side of seasoned fries or homemade potato salad) and the Mushroom & Swiss Burger (with sauteed mushrooms, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and a red onion slice on a grilled bun along with pickle slices and a side of seasoned fries or homemade potato salad).

Zooper @ reptiles section

by abi_maha

In this section we got to see so many pythons and I even got to touch one- this was on exibit for the kids ofcourse, however I shamelessly stood in the queue and got to touch it as well....creepY!! :D

Unidentified Historic Highrises in Columbus

by atufft

There are a number of buildings for which I couldn't identify construction and ownership details. Besides a great 19th century structure just south of the Statehouse grounds, the city has along High Street, just north of the Statehouse, a number of multi-level restored brick commercial buildings with dramatic additions of glass and steel behind. There is also some an older highrise buildings that has been renovated into condos or office buildings on West Broad Street.

Comments