Comfort Suites Airport

More about Columbus

Inniswood GardensInniswood Gardens

Short North, Columbus, OHShort North, Columbus, OH

Spirit of '98 Statue, Ohio StatehouseSpirit of '98 Statue, Ohio Statehouse

These Are My Jewels monument on capitol groundsThese Are My Jewels monument on capitol grounds

Travel Tips for Columbus

Calling all canines!

by abi_maha

I know I can't stop gushing about the metro park systems here and yesterday we went for another very interesting program at the Batelle Darby metropark called "calling all canines". It was an informative program that inducted us into the 4 kinds of canines found at some point or the other in the Ohio state namely the red fox, grey fox, coyotes and the wolves. The ranger there- Tim, told us how the coyotes had crossed the Missisipi river and made their way to most of Ohio using the I 70 since the grass patches in the middle of the highway and at the sides provided the coyotes with a steady source of food (mice and rats) and an easy access into the state.
They had on display a wolf skin and a coyote skin apart from very live looking specimens of each of these canines. the wolves ofcourse no longer exist here but the other three are plenty to see and hear in this metropark. He lead our group which comprised of some very excited kids and couples to a study area in the dark and played recordings of a wounded rabbit. And also played recordings of coyotes howl, upon which immediately some more resident coyotes joined in gleefully. We sure were thrilled to hear them!
Last before we could disperse he jovialy allowed us to howl and surprisingly we were answered by another coyote howling pretty close to the creek!
All in all, it was an evening well spent and thoroughly enjoyed! :)

Amazing Pizza and Have a beer while you Wait

by jennwerner about Classics Pizza and Sports Bar

Well this place is a Sports bar with about 20 -25 42" LCD TV's and a nice Juke Box with lots of music. There is a pool table as well as dart boards. Happy Hour Beer is only 1.75 and the pizza is amazing. YOu can eat it at the Bar, take it home or have it delivered. It is really a nice atmosphere with a varied crowd. Lots of people have a beer while they wait for their pizza. I will take a pic to post next time I devour a Classic Pizza. Fresh toppings hot delicious pizza. If your looking for an alternative to Greesy Nasty Pizza Hut Pizza this place is your answer. Pizza any pizza is amazing. Wow this stuff was great. Real cheese lots of toppings and made fresh. Friendly service

Why not go bowling???

by jennwerner

Violet
Looking for something to do? Got some time to kill. Go to the Palace. The Columbus Square Palace Bowling Center that is. What a Blast. Normally on Thursday nights a group of us girls go out and sit at a bar. Well this was a night of fun to go bowling. Open bowling starts at 9 PM on week nights. The cost of shoe rental is $2.50. We bowled 2 games and rented shoes and it was 11.50 each. Very reasonable. They have tv screens and play music on them. The music is a good mix much to anyones taste in music. The scoring for the games is automatic and the lanes and bathrooms are very clean. There is food service and a full bar. Very nice and fun for all.

Get Political: Columbus Capital and Statehouse

by tvdandy

In the heart of downtown is the location for the state Capital and Statehouse. Not very dramatic, but interesting just the same. The architecture is pretty cool. I believe, like every other state, their are scheduled tours of the inside Capital area. Nice way to spend an hour or two, pretty grounds where the buildings are located. This is a nice way to sight see without spending money, except for the meters.

Cbus the one and only

by AnitaCarrie

" Go Bucks!!!!! "

I am not from Columbus, but I wish I was. I have lived here for about five years now. There is so much to do here, if you can't find something to do, you aren't trying hard at all, but everyone needs some inspiration now and again, so I'll try and share my favorites and I hope you will do the same.

I have had so much fun here, from college parties, to outdoor adventure, to just relaxing with friends. Whether you want dancing in hot nightclubs to family time at the best zoo I have ever been too (which they are just expanding btw) There is something in Columbus for you. With Skybus now connecting 18 locations to Columbus for a little as 10$!!! why not take an adventure in Ohio's Capitol

Comments