Hawthorn Suites Columbus North

6191 Zumstein Drive, (formerly Residence Inn), Columbus, Ohio, 43229, United States

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus, Zumstein Dr
Booking.com Priceline.com Hawthorn.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• negative experience from check-in

I would never stay here ever again nor recommend to anyone! We came an hour after check-in and were told that our room was not clean and we would have to wait another hour. Not a huge deal to us. Then when we returned and were given room keys we were suprised to find other guests' belongings in the room. I was determined not to let this ruin my weekend even though it did freak me out. Our room was not the cleanest (marks on the wall and spots on the couch) but the bed did seem clean and it was quite spacious. I noticed a few days later that bank account was charged the incidental fee. When I called to find out why I was told that two pillows were missing from the room by the manager. I told Sarah that there were only two pillows on the bed to begin with and asked how many were supposed to be there. She replied there are four pillows on the queen beds. She also told me that housekeeping inventories rooms after each stay and so there was nothing she could do. I explained that they may have overlooked it considering how backed up they were since we could not check-in until after two hours after normal check-in time. She continued to tell me there was nothing she could do and then procceded to tell me she was done talking to me about the incident and hung up on me. It's a shame Wydham has attached their name to such a low quality place.

Unique Quality: Only thing would be it's convienent location.

More about Columbus

coyotecoyote

So cute and cuddly! They sleep 20 hours a day!So cute and cuddly! They sleep 20 hours a day!

Terracotta Detail of LeVeque Tower, Columbus, OHTerracotta Detail of LeVeque Tower, Columbus, OH

3rd Street in German Village, Columbus, OH3rd Street in German Village, Columbus, OH

Travel Tips for Columbus

Festival Latino

by tvdandy

Do you like spicey foods, hot dancing ala cha cha cha, great latin rythyms. Well if you answered yes, and you happen to be in Columbus is Mid-June. Then come on down to the riverfront area of downtown for the annual Festival Latino. A huge variety of mexican dishes, reasonable price (for a festival) and a general good time if you like Latin music and atmosphere. This is pretty well attended, but not so much as the Columbus Arts Fest.

The world's best Coffeehouse!

by tvdandy about Stauf's

Located in the heart of Grandview, I love this place, a great coffehouse, with awesome tasting coffee and they sell a full line of their different brand coffee beans. Have pastries and snacks as well. But the best part is the atmosphere. Everybody comes here, from professors, to slackers, to students, to the everlovin hippies, to yuppies, everybody. Better bring a wireless laptop though if you want to fit in. Excellent people watching, sitting outside and checking out the Grandview foot traffic.

Tex-Mex done right

by spartan about Tumbleweed Southwest Grill

Tumbleweed Southwest Grill offers Tex-Mex cuisine along with mesquite grilled steaks, chops, chicken and seafood. We started off with an appetizer called a Taste of Texas (buffalo chicken tenders, baby back ribs, Arizona eggrolls, southwest fries, Texas toothpicks with buffalo sauce and chipotle ranch dressing).

Next, we ordered a bowl of Potato Soup (creamy potato soup with colby cheese and bacon).

For my entree, I selected the Peppercorn Steak Salad (greens, tomatoes, sliced sirlion steak topped with chipotle ranch dressing).

German Village--More Church Architecture

by atufft

Within eye shot of Trinity Lutheran is an much newer church building of outstanding architectural construction. Unfortunately, I couldn't identify the congregational ownership from the outside, and the impressive front door was locked!

John Brickell Moved Here in 1797

by atufft

John Brickell was the first inhabitant in Columbus, building a log cabin on the Scioto River in 1797. He had been kidnapped by the Delaware Indians in 1791 and released by the treaty of Greenville in 1795. These facts and the exact location of his log cabin are marked by a boulder and brass plaque in Battelle Waterfront Park

Comments