3910 S. High St, Columbus, Ohio, 43207, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Columbus

U shud be really patient for food if born a heron!U shud be really patient for food if born a heron!

Creature at James W. Barney Children's FountainCreature at James W. Barney Children's Fountain

City Center Mall, Columbus, OHCity Center Mall, Columbus, OH

Lima Company memorialLima Company memorial

Travel Tips for Columbus

Great Steak In Easton

by TRimer about Smith & Wollensky

Whenever we need to hold a corporate dinner, we host it at Smith & Wollensky and everyone loves it. We joke that we have to turn out the lights to get our customers to leave. The food is great, service is exceptional and the ambiance is very nice- light and airy. During the summer you can eat outside on the patio. I LOVE the mash potatoes- which is saying a lot because I usually take a pass on all potatoes. I would recommend starting off with some seafood and the Wollensky salad. Then move on to a filet. Smith and Wollensky is known for their tender USDA steaks. Be sure to save room for yummy desserts- cheesecake is fantastic as is the carrot cake. They also have a nice wine list.

Graeter's Ice Cream

by lashr1999 about Graeter's Ice Cream

Graeter's was started by Louis C Greater in 1870. Greater came from Germany and stayed in Indiana until the age of 16 when he moved to Cincinnati.. Here, he made his hand made Ice Cream using the French pot process that is in use today. This process uses egg custard and fresh cream and is chilled slowly along the sides and stirred. One pot yield only 2 gallons. It is this slow process which make the ice-cream so creamy and tasty. The chocolate chips that are used are different sizes and just melt in your mouth. They are amazing. I tried the Mocha Chocolate Chip, Black Raspberry Chip and the Buckeye Blitz. I have a hard time choosing my favorite all 3 were superb. This was one of my favorite stops in Columbus.

Concerts. I've been to a few...

by hyperhyena

Concerts. I've been to a few there. I hate Polaris. I went to Lollapalooza there in 1994 and 1995. It was horrible during the day. Nighttime was o.k. There is no shade at all on the lawn unless you get up by the fence where it's always packed and then you can't see the show anyway. It was over 100 degrees there one time when we went. Absolutely horrible.

Veterans Memorial - I saw The Cranberries there and Sarah McLachlan. It's where the Cranberries video 'Ridiculous Thought' was filmed. Yeah, big deal. I didn't so much like that place either. It was inside but still too big.

Newport Music Hall - I saw Rancid there. Possibly the best one ever. Small enough that you can actually see the band. Yippee!

Metro Park 2: Pickerington Ponds

by abi_maha

This park has been designated as one of Ohio's Important Birding Areas by Audubon Ohio, here you can sight more than 260 species of birds. The combination of seasonal ponds and rich wetland vegetation, with bordering woodlands, serve as a magnet for migrating waterfowl, shore birds and land birds. Two ponds here- the Ellis pond and Bluw Wing Pond. the park has 5 observation decks with telescopes that give you pretty good sightings of the birds.
Located on the southeast side of Ellis Pond is a great blue heron rookery that has held up to 50 nests during the breeding season.More than 400 acres of the site have been dedicated as a nature preserve. White-tailed deer, beaver, red fox and other wildlife can be seen near the ponds and adjoining woodlots and fields.Pickerington Ponds is also home to a large bat condo that can house up to 6,000 big and little brown bats.
We walked the Killdeer trail and saw some Nuthatches, Blue Jays, Downy woodpeckers, colorful hairy caterpillars ans some lovely butterflies! The shot of the day was a snake that just like that crossed our path!! (Last pic)We also saw abandoned nests all the way to the end of the trail. In all we loved visiting this place and will surely keep going back as often as we can!

Columbus, Ohio: Buckeye Land

by acemj

I've only spent about six hours in Columbus, so I don't know much about it. I always thought of it as just a big college town. Columbus is the home of one of the nation's largest universities, the Ohio State University. However, since my visit I've discovered that Columbus is actually the largest city in Ohio by population.

"What is a buckeye?" you ask.

Well, it's a small, shiny, dark brown nut with a light tan patch that comes from the official state tree of Ohio, the buckeye tree. It's also the official mascot of Ohio State.

Unfortunately, I just was passing through. I walked around the campus, checked out the athletic facilities and grabbed a bite to eat in a campus bar. Beyond that, I don't have much help to offer.

For a great VT page on Columbus, check out VT member "Litvinov"'s page.

Comments