Ramada Columbus North

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Popular Hotels

Stolen Property - Terrible Customer Service

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2011

I originally planned a nice weekend to visit my brother with my boyfriend. We only picked this hotel since we were traveling with my dog and kitten, and this hotel was pet friendly. It seemed to have pretty good reviews, so we went for it. However, we were all very disappointed with our stay.
Our room contained a broken light that hummed when turned on. As a result, we were unable to use that light without absolute annoyance, so we were stuck with partial dimness in one area of the room. I placed my dog bed by the end of my bed and realized the next day that it was soaked and freezing cold which we later realized was due to the leaking air conditioning unit. In order to make the leak stop, we needed to make the room uncomfortably warm.
On nights that three of us just wanted to stay in we were stuck with little to no options. When my boyfriend went to ask the front desk man, Mike, if they had room service or movie options he cut him off and said "Nope. It's the Ramada, man". Our entire hall reeked of marijuana and when positioned directly under the vent in the bathroom, you could get a direct whiff of the odor as well. Not entirely "family friendly".
The breakfast was pretty good. My only complaint is that the seating was limited, and in order to make a waffle you had to stand in line so long that you didn't even have an opportunity to enjoy a sit down breakfast with those you came with. Also, the breakfast ended at 9:30, and it felt like they rushed you out of there as they shut the machines down on you. I also passed a woman in my hall who was first entering her room and very upset to find that her room wasn’t even cleaned. The bed sheets were all taken off the beds and thrown to the side. In addition to the indescribable customer service described below, the same front desk attendant, Mike, disrespectfully spoke of other guests in the hotel to me and other guests by calling them “old people” and speaking of them “***ing”. It was an extremely unprofessional manner.
However, my BIGGEST complaint was my stolen item. We only had our room cleaned one time on our three night stay since our animals were there. I had left my $100 hair straightener out on the bathroom counter (but fortunately taken my laptop) as we left to take the animals to the park. We asked the maid on duty to please clean our room while we were gone. When we returned, our room was clean. ( She had remade our beds but failed to replace our beds with comforters. When we tried to call the front desk to ask about the comforters we realized our phone was just for show and that it was not actually connected.) The maid had reorganized our bathroom counter and cleaned it. My straightener was no longer there. With all of the commotion with the visit and figuring she just put it away somewhere else in the room, we didn't give it much thought.
When we returned home, we searched through all of our luggage and realized that the hair straightener was not there. I knew that it was not left in the room because we had thoroughly searched the room up and down (under beds, in every drawer, etc.). We called the Ramada, and they said they would check with the maid on duty and check the lost and found. When they called back, they told us there was no luck. I gave it some time in order to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that the straightener would just show up. However, after a week of no news and no appearance of the missing item, I called the Ramada. When I asked to speak with the manager, Mike on the phone left and when he returned said, “Uh.. you can talk to me. This is Mike.” Despite wanting to speak with a manager, we were redirected to speak with the front desk attendant regarding the manner, who after first being polite, became very rude and condescending. Essentially, we were told that that they placed greater trust in their employees than their guests and that we were out of luck because we waited until the day after to call. He also repeatedly stated that my story didn’t make any sense even though it was the truth, only to later contradict himself by claiming that my story did in fact make sense. When once again emphasizing that I would prefer to speak with a manager, he discouraged me by informing me that I would be told the same. I replied by saying that I wanted to hear that from him. However, speaking with the manager, Mr. Don Hinton, was no better. He believed that since previously found items had been returned in the past, he didn’t believe his staff would steal despite them permitting illegal drug use in the hotel.
I would be able to get past the theft occurring in the hotel, but the quality of the customer service is absolutely unacceptable. They made absolutely no effort to assist me when it was so evident that my property was stolen under the “security” of their hotel. Not only that but also the degree of disrespect and mockery that accompanied their behavior was extremely unprofessional. I will never again stay in a Ramada associated hotel and advise all of you to do the same.

Nearby Ramada Columbus North

Ramada Columbus North

• Columbus Ramada
  • Ramada Columbus North Hotel Columbus

Address: 6767 Schrock Hill Court I-270 Exit 27, (formerly Signature Inn), Columbus, Ohio 43229, United States

Amenities at Ramada Columbus North

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Columbus Travel Forum

Need advice about Columbus, Ohio? Visit the Travel Forum for Columbus and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Columbus hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into Columbus
Ohio Statehouse
Visit the OSU Student Union
Things to Do
Thursdays at the Museum...
Down by the Riverside...
Head North to the Market
First the Union then the Library
German Village trek
Things to Do
Don't wander and stray...
Warnings and Dangers
Cold beer...hot place!
Nightlife
Not an ounce of Surly
Nightlife
A great view from the hotseat
Restaurants
I saved the best for last
Locals know best
Worth the wait
Restaurants
North by Northstar- just stay in the line!
Eat, drink and be Blue
Man vs. Meat!
Sushi & style
Restaurants
Late night cravings satisfied!
Columbus Zoo
ART MUSEUM
Food was delicious
you guys are dumb
Warnings and Dangers
Skybus
Transportation
Jimmy Buffet theme and lots of fun
American cuisine in Old Dublin
Great Italian Charm
Watch the Game & Eat Great
Tex-Mex done right
World's Greatest Hamburgers
Restaurants
Yellow Springs, Ohio Hippes Haven!
Off The Beaten Path
German Village in Columbus, October 2004
Ohio Statehouse
A better place to eat
Restaurants
every place has a bad night.. but nice atmosphere
Restaurants
Very nice bartender with good beer