Sheraton Columbus Suites

201 Hutchinson Ave, Columbus, Ohio, 43235, United States

Sheraton Suites Columbus
Booking.com Sheraton.com Expedia.com

• Nightmare at Sheraton

Stayed at the Sheraton 10/8/09 for one night. Spacious room and nice amenities. The surprise came during departure on 10/9/09 when I discovered my car and one other in the parking lot had been vandalized. Window knocked out and GPS stolen. Filed a police report and currently awaiting any news regarding stolen items but I am not very hopeful on recovering.

I suppose the biggest surprise was when I notified the staff and later the assistant manager, and I was told we are sorry but hope you noticed the sign in the parking lot "Not responsible for damage in parking lot". Did I mention I was 50 feet from the hotel lobby, parked in the front of the building. There was a total of $750 in damage and lost items but I was not even offered a refund on the night's stay. I was offered 2,000 points on rewards account. Wow, what an offer. I do not plan to stay in a Sheraton again. Poor customer service!!!!

Unique Quality: Poor surveillance, especially in a highly visible area. In front of the lobby.

• JudiandBill's Profile Photo

Truly a gem in Columbus

I've stayed in this hotel now three times, and will always to my best to secure a room here when I travel to see Bill. The rooms are spacious suites, and the beds are more comfortable than most hotels I've visited. In addition, their indoor pool, and somewhat private whirlpool is a wonderful escape! During my last stay there I forgot my favorite hand held mirror. They found it and when I came back through after our Windsor weekend trip they had it for me! And a hint... it's in Worthington, 3 1/2 star hotel, so check out that price!

More about Sheraton Columbus Suites

Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member travelerinva

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sheraton Suites Columbus. We booked through Priceline and got our room for $52/night. The hotel was in a good location, near a Starbucks, Panera, other random chain restaurants and other large hotels. We were about a 10-minute drive from downtown Columbus and centrally located to most attractions. The hotel lobby was nice, nothing spectacular but the rooms were very new, clean, up-to-date and spacious for 2 people. The bed was really comfortable and again everything was sparkling new and clean which is a huge plus; there were 2 televisions, and a refrigerator. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are willing to drive to most things and want a nice, clean, comfortable, quiet hotel room with plenty of room.

Perfectly acceptable

by TripAdvisor Member busylizzie3514

Our family of 4 recently stayed at the Sheraton. The rooms are small and not nearly the size of what I'd think of as a suite. But they are nicely done, and clean, if a bit worn. We have two sons, ages 9 and 12 and it was nice to have them in a separate area rather than in a double bed right next to us as is normally the case in a hotel room. The biggest problem is that the rooms are really designed for 2 people, not 4, and the sofa bed is not made to be comfortable. With the sofa bed out, there isn't enough space to walk thru the room, as the bed extended right to the tv. The second night we actually pulled the mattress off the frame and one of the kids slept on the couch and the other on the mattress on the floor. It seemed to work better that way. The kids loved the pools, both indoor and outdoor (it's heated) were available during our stay. The bathroom was decent sized, but the only vanity area was in the bathroom, which made things a little tough (hard to get ready when the husband is in the shower and has the mirror all steamed up). Overall, though, I was very pleased with the hotel. We had gotten a great price off a discount website, the location was good--very convenient to the main highways into downtown, and there were numerous choices for shopping and dining in the area (some within walking distance, others a short drive). The king-sized bed was very comfortable. I'd definitely recommend this hotel for a couple. If there are more than 2 adults, you may want to consider a room with two "real" beds (I assume that's available, although it's not what we had--and I imagine it would be more costly--but 2 adults and 2 kids did make our room a bit crowded). Nonetheless, we were out and about most of the time so it was fine for us for the two nights we were there.

New rooms are great!

They are renovating right now, and we were lucky enough to get a renovated room for our stay. They are great! It's a big improvement over their old rooms, which weren't bad to begin with. The fridge, microwave, and stocked coffee maker were nice. Two TVs definitely makes it easier for our family to enjoy our nights. The hotel was BUSY when we tried to check in; our room wasn't ready right away, but the front desk was very nice and tried their best to get us in asap. They offered to hold our bags and call us when the room was ready (a nice touch). The restaurant is expensive, but there's a great deal of good places to eat right near the hotel. I noticed that although the hotel was so busy (there was a tournament of some high school sport that weekend I think), the room was still nice and quiet. The "wooded view" is nice; ask for it when you check in.

Loved it! :)

by TripAdvisor Member lovin'myfamily

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. I got a GREAT price on PL ($54 including taxes & fees) and couldn't of asked for a nicer hotel. We were visiting the Columbus Zoo and decided to stay at a hotel for a night so the kids could enjoy the pool and we wouldn't have to be on the road all day. The staff, especially at the front desk, was wonderful, even with my kids who are 1 and 3. We received a newly remodeled room, which was so nice. The bed was very comfy too. We also used the sofa bed, which was also nice. The pools were very clean and warm. My only complaint was the tile around the pool was very slippery and there was something on the women's bathroom ceiling, but I contacted them and they assured me that it would be taken care of. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I am in the area.

The Good and the Bad........

by TripAdvisor Member tamaralea

We stayed 2 nights. The first night only had a King suite available. This meant 2 of us had to sleep on the sleep sofa. When the bed is pulled out, there is no room to walk around the bed. It is up against the t.v. so the t.v. cannot even be seen. We asked to switch to a room with 2 double beds the next morning at 11am, but were told none were available. A movie theater is right across the street. They gave us a copy of movie times, but when we went over there, we were told they weren't correct. The location is good because of all the great restaurants surrounding the hotel. We recommend Bucca de Beppo for family style Italian food and First Watch for breakfast (in the Worthington Mall). Both restaurants are less than a mile east of the hotel. We packed up everything after our first night and left. We returned later that evening to check into a room with 2 double beds. Both rooms were much bigger than the previous night's rooms. Both suites had been recently redecorated. Only one of my kids swam in the pool. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were pretty chilly. One of the elevators was out of order which meant 4 minute waits for the only working elevator. We got a corporate rate of around $100/night so Priceline is a better deal.

Great Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member bbick

Stayed here overnight on a weekend trip with the family to the Columbus Zoo. The hotel is located in a very nice area with a great selection of restaurants and a mall nearby. We could not have been more pleased with the Sheraton. The entire hotel went through a renovation this past year and our room had been updated, was very clean and comfortable. Although other reviews mentioned that there was little room in the living room once the pull out sofa bed was out, it really didn't pose a problem and there was plenty of room for our family of four. A request for extra pillows and a blanket were met very quickly (I'd say within 10 minutes we had them delivered to our door!) and the front desk was very helpful. Didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel as there were many to choose from around the hotel. There seemed to be a lot of families with young children staying here. Found a great rate on Hotwire. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Great stay

by TripAdvisor Member tk1780

We loved this hotel. Was in for a wedding and stayed 2 nights. The place was clean as a whistle and tastefully decorated. The king size bed was great. The kids thought the pull-out sofa was not that comfortable so next time we would get two beds.

The room was great with 2 TVs and french doors between the rooms. Nice bathroom and countertops. We loved it.

There is a Panera Bread across the street for breakfast and the hotel had a pool and hot tub.

Would definitely stay here again!!!

Everything but internet

by TripAdvisor Member gabelzer

I booked this hotel for $46/night on hotwire which is pretty remarkable given that it was the weekend of NCAA First- and Second-Round games in Columbus.

The hotel is in a great location, minutes away from from a very large shopping mall and every other major store (Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, TJ Maxx, DSW, etc.), so that's a major plus.

The indoor small was smaller than it looked in the web-site photos, but the hot-tub was very nice and held 6-8 people.

There is also a nice little lobby convenience store.

My only complaint is the lack of free, in-room internet access. Personally, I pretty much expect to be able to get free internet wherever I travel, and for a hotel to be considered a three star hotel, I don't think this is an unreasonable expectation. While I'm at it, I think a free breakfast of some sort is also a reasonable expectation for three starts, and this was not available also.

Other than that, a nice, enjoyable stay and I recommend it.

Comments