310 S. High Street, Columbus, Ohio, 43215, United States
Expedia.com Westin.com Booking.com

More about The Westin Columbus

A Romantic Hotel for a Romantic Occasion

by TripAdvisor Member tandh2007

I've stayed here in the past and would say it's my favorite hotel on the planet. I love the charm and the history, the corner rooms, the showers and beds, just the overall feel. Perhaps this is why my husband chose it for our wedding night.

Our friends delivered the luggage earlier in the day and the hotel allowed them access to the room so they could add some special touches. This was pre-arranged. The hotel also gave them our room keys so we didn't have to go through the check-in process upon arrival. Nice touch.

In all the scurry of leaving the reception, we forgot to get the room keys!!! Our important docs were packed so we had no ID with us! Rather than pro-long the wait, the hotel simply asked us a few security questions and gave us new keys. (Plus the tux and white dress were strong arguments in our favor.)

When we walked into the room, I was in tears. It was covered in candles and rose petals (thanks to our friends). But the hotel had also provided a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. There was a card personally signed by the evening's staff and the envelope was addressed to Mr. and Mrs... It was the first time we saw our name like that! Truly a thoughtful sentiment from the Westin.

We were in a corner suite, which was quiet and spacious. Everything was meticulously clean and comfortable. This may sound fairy-tale, but honestly the hotel made us feel like royalty. It was like they got married too... so respectful and excited with us. It was very a very special time and I know we chose the right hotel.

Thanks Westin Columbus!

Renovated and Regal - Also Dog Friendly! Great Service!

by TripAdvisor Member Experiment626

I took my wife here for her birthday. We're from the area. First off, this place has been getting a bad rap for a while on trip advisor for it's decor and building quality People need to understand that this is a historical building not some fancy new one. So the building wasn't originally designed with today's modern traveler in mind.

Also, all the rooms have been renovated and how have large LCD tvs, Great Robes, Modern decor, and wonderful bathrooms.

These people were very nice to us. They allowed us to bring our dog with no questions asked, heck even the door man had water and treats for our mutt! When I got there they noticed it was my wife's birthday and sent up complimentary strawberries and champagne. They were very nice to us.

The bartender downstairs is nice and easy to talk to and the hotel is located within walking distance to German Village and the Brewery District. Also, attached to the great southern hotel, you can take in a show if one is playing. The rates are very reasonable, I think we paid 105 for a "deluxe" room. See our photos! It was great! I highly recommend the Westin in Columbus, they provide great affordable service and an updated new look.

The Old Gal is Lookin' Good

by TripAdvisor Member Travailermax

The red brick dowager has nearly completed her renovations, and she's looking awfully good. We stayed 3 nights mid-February 2008, and all rooms and lobby were completed. Work continues on the main entrance and restaurant.

The decor is now decidedly "Westin" - sophisticated, understated, contemporary. Hallways and rooms are in shades of brown and beige. Carpets are textured and elegant. Headboards are leather and fixed to the wall. Doors are still metal -I wish they'd replaced them with wood. Bathrooms are sleek, with marble vanity tops and illuminated miror. Room size, of course, has not increased. The rooms are smaller than newer hotels, but not cramped (single traveller only recommended for the smallest "traditional" room, of 160 sq. feet). Avoid interior atrium views, but city views aren't that inspiring either.

Registration was efficient, friendly. Parking is valet ($20) with very quick retrieval. There is a public lot across and down the street ($12). My advice: $8 more is money well-spent.

There is free wireless in the lobby, but its costly in your room. C'mon Westin and other big chains! Its time to add this service to the entire property, at no cost. On our drive back to St. Louis, I noticed signs for Budget 8 - free wireless in rooms!

The "feel" of this hotel is small, half the number of rooms as the other AAA 4-star in Columbus, the Hyatt on Capitol Square. You won't likely encounter large goups here. It feels personal and private.

The hotel will appeal to sophisticated travellers who appreciate excellent taste and decorum. The rooms won't be getting any bigger, but they're well restored - Westin botox for the old dowager.

Nice place to stay if you can book at the right price

by TripAdvisor Member mike44138

While in Columbus on business I stayed here for 2 nights. The staff was all extremely pleasant and helpful. Everyone from the parking attendants to the cleaning staff should be commended on their hospitality and attention to detail. The lobby and public spaces are beautiful and they keep the character of the building. Linens and bed were comfortable and the room had a flat panel TV with HD. Bathrooms were clean and well decorated. I stayed in one of the rooms advertised as a "small room" and they weren't kidding. Had I been traveling with anoyne else, it would have been an issue, but for a single traveler it worked out fine. There's something to be said for truth in advertising, so I don't hold the size of the room against them. If I had any complaints it would be the ridiculous parking rates ($20/day), and the fact that they expect guests to pay for WI-FI. When the best western down the street is offering free WI-FI, why are 4+ star hotels still nickle and diming those of us that are more apt to be repeat business. All in all I felt I recieved a good value for the price I paid through priceline, although if I had to pay the full nightly rate I think I might have felt like I didn't recieve such a value.

Wonderful bedding

by TripAdvisor Member mbp99

Our stay, while short, was excellent. All staff members were helpful and extremely accommodating and we were impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. From crystal clear plasma screens to thoughtful room amenities to bedding that was downright heavenly, we loved it all! While we never saw this hotel before their renovation, we can attest to the success! Kudos to the staff and management for a job well done!

Nice Comfortable Historic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member fungal78

Our one night stay at this establishment was excellent. All staff members were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and extremely comfortable. The rooms are quite small but we knew to expect this prior to arrival because of reviews and being that it is a historic building. We have absolutely no complaints (other than the $20/night parking and no free WI-FI) and would highly recommend this hotel. We booked this hotel through hotwire.com (at half the cost of the normal rate) and had no problems upgrading to larger rooms upon check-in, so I can’t complain too much. Although if I had paid regular price for the room, I may have been a little disappointed in the room size. So to those who have given this establishment a bad review, I would highly recommend checking it out again because it’s definitely a nice comfortable atmosphere and we didn’t have any problems falling asleep in our heavenly beds.

Very Good Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Runnwlf

Very good stay in downtown Columbus. Check in was great and the staff was very nice and helpful. I knew about the Parking ahead of time so the $20 did not bother me.

Everything went well for me during the stay. It was obvious a lot of work went into the restoration and it shows.

Three and a half stars if it were an option

by TripAdvisor Member KJR0711

I stayed here for one night recently and, while the staff and common areas of the hotel are Westin quality, the rooms need some work to compare to other Westin properties.
First, the good: the staff was spot-on professional and helpful as soon as I stepped in the door. The lobby is grand, and the bar, Thurber's, is very nice. And the showers in Westin hotels cannot be beat. The beds are nice too (but they need to throw a firm pillow into that pile of pillows on the bed.)
Now, the "needs improvement" catagory: first, parking is $20 night. These are Chicago rates...in a not very busy part of downtown Columbus! I understand the lot is owned by a third party, but there needs to be some better negotiating to bring that rate down for guests.
The room was smaller than I expected, but I guess being an old building will do that. The A/C sounded like a lawn mower when it started and stopped. I woke up every time it started during the night. The unit looked like it was from 1965, so I hope it is on the list of things to upgrade during the ongoing renovations.
There is also a "thin walls" problem. When my neighbor's alarm went off, it sounded like it was in my room. I could also follow along with the TV show he/she was watching.
Overall, the Westin desire was there, but the building is not quite there yet. Because of the professionalism of the staff and potential grandeur of the building, I'd be willing to give this hotel another try after the renovations are complete (provided, of course, they have a more reasonable parking option.)

Fine Time at the Historic Westin

by TripAdvisor Member RML-OH

Absolutely the highest quality associates I have encountered at any hotel, they worked hard to make me feel as if I had been their personal guest-friendly, helpful, and professional. We checked in on a Sunday afternoon, received a great Hotwire rate, and was immediately upgraded to a mini-queen suite. Wonderful accommodations - comfortable bed and pillows, two flat screen TV's, cozy couch, and decent sized (for an older property) clean bathroom. The $20.00 parking charge is a bit much, but you can walk to German Village with all its nightlife and not have to find a parking space. We ate a quick breakfast, fast and tasty, in the hotel grill the next morning before attending a conference about four blocks away. If you enjoy staying in a historic hotel that has kept its turn of the 20th century feel, while being up to date in everything expected, you will love the Columbus Westin.

Beautiful Upscale Hotel & Dog Friendly

by TripAdvisor Member slillie1

From the outside you can't tell just how elegant and beautiful the inside of this Westin Hotel is - It's got an old, but very upscale feel to it. We only decided to stay here after another hotel told us they were dog friendly and we always travel with our 2 small dogs (they charge no fee for dogs either!).

But I'm so glad we did stay here! What a great hotel with fantastic service - accomdating in every aspect of the word. I simply asked the front desk where a certain restaurant was and she very quickly told me and even printed me off directions. The valet/Doorman service is wonderful as well - these young men rush to open your doors and want to help you in any way they can. The next morning we asked to have our car brought around so we could head to breakfast and not only did he bring the car around but he left us bottled water in our car for us in the cup holders.

The room was gorgeous, big with the most comfortable bed and huge flat screen LG TV. We aren't Starwood Preferred Guests and they upgraded us to a Starwood Preferred Guest room at no extra cost - in fact we didnt know they did that until we got to the room and it said it on the door.

If you are in the Columbus area and want to be near High Street and German Village at an upscale hotel @ A good price this is where you should stay - 24 Hour Room Service...They even have biscuits and water out front for the puppies!

AJ on the Overlook TrailAJ on the Overlook Trail

Early 20th Century Highrise in Columbus, OHEarly 20th Century Highrise in Columbus, OH

Jury Room Beer Hall, German Village, Columbus, OHJury Room Beer Hall, German Village, Columbus, OH

The Blooms and Butterflies exhibitThe Blooms and Butterflies exhibit