Value Place Hilliard

2305 Wilson Rd, Columbus, Ohio, 43228, United States
Value Place Columbus, Ohio (Hilliard)
Travelocity Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Columbus

Inside the storeInside the store

Columbus, OH YMCAColumbus, OH YMCA

Ohio Civil War Memorial to Lincoln and VicksburgOhio Civil War Memorial to Lincoln and Vicksburg

Katzinger's DeliKatzinger's Deli

Travel Tips for Columbus

Conrads College Gifts. This...

by jmcadoo1

Conrads College Gifts. This specialty store located at 316 West Lane Avenue in front of the Holiday Inn & opposite St. John Arena at OSU. This store caries a wide variety of college gifts & accesories & we encountered very courteous sales people.

Excellent Chinese Food at a good Price

by jennwerner about Q2 Bistro

I saw this place a couple weeks ago when driving around town. I asked a friend of mine about it and he said it was very good. So I had to try it for myself. The Q2 Bistro is in an upscale shopping center and this little place had some really great chinese food. Just look at my pictures. They look good enough to eat. The decor is nice to look at and it has a modern feel. The service was really good and the food was fresh hot and very very good. They have asian beers and a full service bar. The drinks from the bar are teeny tiny though. There is a 42 inch tv when you come in the door. The prices are about average here with appetizer of a single egg roll about $1.50 and the average dinner being about $10 - $15 dollars. Beers were 4$ and drinks were $3.50. I would reccommend this to anyone. But I think I will get takeout from there next time. The only thing I didnt like about this place was every time the door opened we got a cold draft of air. But it is zero degrees out right now...
*****I found coupons for a free appetizer or 5.00$ off a meal online. Do a search for Q2 bistro. The site was the valpack site where I found the coupons. The Mongolian trio was what I had. It was excellent. Had a great flavor and fresh veggies. The shrimp were huge and delicious. IT was a shrimp, chicken and beef combo that was a little bit spicy and very good. I will post more about the food after my second trip to the place when I can try something else. We also had the appetizer sampler which was 2 eggrolls 2 spring rolls and 2 crab rangoon for $6.95.

Indoor Rock Climbing at the ARC

by AnitaCarrie

OSU recently built a rock climbing wall in what they call the Adventure Recreation Center. And I absolutely love it. I wouldn't call myself an avid climber, I'm not very good, but it is still a blast. When I go I just go to have fun, I don't even follow the routes, but they have many different paths for different levels. They even have a path for Ice climbing.

The ARC is open to all OSU students. Guest passes are available though and cost 5$ per day. They are good at both the ARC and the RPAC (Recreation and Physical Activity Center located on campus, and the smaller gyms of Jessie Owens North, South and West).

OSU provides the equipment (shoes, harness, ropes even a spotter) if you don't have any.
You cannot however use chalk on the wall.

Walk the Hoover Dam

by abi_maha

Hoover Dam, near Westerville, Ohio, dams the Big Walnut Creek to form the Hoover Memorial Reservoir. This reservoir is a major water source for the city of Columbus, Ohio. It holds 20.8 billion gallons of water and has a surface area of 3,272 acres. The dam is, however, said to be much smaller than the better-known Hoover Dam on the Colorado River which ofcourse we haven't seen!

The dam was dedicated in 1955. It was named for two brothers, Charles and Clarence Hoover, to honor their careers with the City of Columbus Waterworks. It makes for a ver nice place to spend the evening playing frisbee, or jogging or letting your kids feed geese! We also had a nice time watching the racoons, otters and cranes :)
All in all, an evening well spent. Before I forget there is one entrance where parking is not allowed, don't get disheartened by that as there are 2 other entrances with huge parking space.

This is our favorite spot to spot herons that wait patiently for their food (see fotos) and turkey vultures. the first time we visited here we also saw some chimney swallows nesting and some very busy and curious raccoons. (again have posted a foto)

Capital of Ohio

by V_Minx

This city lies near the center of the state and some would say is the heart of Ohio. It is an expanding city that is pushing its suburbs out along the circle freeway and beyond into what used to be farmland.

Areas of interest.
a.) Downtown area lies on the south end of the city.
b.) German Village lies just south-east of the downtown area.
c.) Ohio State University lies northeast of downtown.
d.) Easton Shopping comlpex is a huge multi-block shopping & entertainment mecca.

Comments