Days Inn Conneaut Oh

Priceline Booking.com

Tags

Music Family Travel Business Travel
See Amenities

Keep driving, don't stop at this scam motel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2012

This hotel has a local owner who likes to pull the "bait and switch" on guest. I have had one experience with this motel...a king room booked two months in advance was $75 when I booked it and when I arrived it became $250...this motel isn't even nice enough to be worth $75. The owner is doing this bait and switch. A little more of the story...

On the day of our reservation at the Conneaut Days Inn we were called by the owner at 11:45am in the morning, he told us that all of the king rooms were not available and we would have to take a double bed room or he could cancel our reservation. I was driving at the time so I told him I would talk to him when I arrived. I thought it was odd that all of the rooms in this small town motel would be fully booked and occupied at 11:45am...so I called by brother and had him call the hotel to see if there were king rooms available. They told him they had king rooms for $250 a night...so I believe my $75 reservation wasn't enough money for the owner.

So when we arrived I asked if there were any king rooms available and he said no. I then told him that I had my brother call about a half-hour after he called me and you said there were king rooms available. He said "umm well those are king deluxe rooms". I said they are rooms with a king bed so please put me in one of those, he said he would if I paid for an upgrade, $250.00. So my $75 reservation turned into $250. I said no if you sold out of a room I reserved two months prior you should "upgrade" me (its a Days Inn really upgrade) to a king deluxe room, he refused. I then told him he was pulling a bait and switch and he smiled at first then said I'm canceling your reservation and I wont rent a room to you. I left the property and wont be back! Do not reserve a room at this motel, Conneaut Days Inn.

Unique Quality: Horrible owner that knows zero about customer service. Rude and pulls bait and switch tactics.
Keep driving, Erie, PA is only another 30 minutes East of this hotel.

RUDE, CRUDE, and UNACCEPTABLE

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 12, 2011

I didn't GET to stay. In late July, I made a reservation for Sept.3,4 & 5 at this Motel. On August 3, I suffered a major heart attack. This, of course canceled my travel plans. When I called the motel to cancel my reservation, I was told (by a man who SAID he was the manager) that my card would still be charged the full amount for the 3-night stay. When I tried to explain my situation further, and voice my displeasure with his attitude, he HUNG UP ON ME!! It should be noted here that I did not use any profanity, or ethnic remarks (even though his accent was such that I could barely understand him). But I WAS (and still AM) upset. I can promise you that I, nor any of my family, co-workers, or friends will stay at ANY Days Inn because of this incident. It's not the money, it's the principle. I had a HEART ATTACK and almost died, so the cancellation of my travel plans was totally unavoidable. If Days Inns need the money that bad, they can have my $235.17, but it will cost them FAR MORE than that in future business..........that I promise.

Unique Quality: A rude, uncaring manager.

Nearby Days Inn Conneaut Oh

• Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Conneaut Travel Forum

Need advice about Conneaut, Ohio? Visit the Travel Forum for Conneaut and ask our Answer Gurus.

Conneaut Travel Guide