600 Days Blvd, Conneaut, OH 44030

Days Inn Conneaut
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• Keep driving, don't stop at this scam motel

This hotel has a local owner who likes to pull the "bait and switch" on guest. I have had one experience with this motel...a king room booked two months in advance was $75 when I booked it and when I arrived it became $250...this motel isn't even nice enough to be worth $75. The owner is doing this bait and switch. A little more of the story...

On the day of our reservation at the Conneaut Days Inn we were called by the owner at 11:45am in the morning, he told us that all of the king rooms were not available and we would have to take a double bed room or he could cancel our reservation. I was driving at the time so I told him I would talk to him when I arrived. I thought it was odd that all of the rooms in this small town motel would be fully booked and occupied at 11:45am...so I called by brother and had him call the hotel to see if there were king rooms available. They told him they had king rooms for $250 a night...so I believe my $75 reservation wasn't enough money for the owner.

So when we arrived I asked if there were any king rooms available and he said no. I then told him that I had my brother call about a half-hour after he called me and you said there were king rooms available. He said "umm well those are king deluxe rooms". I said they are rooms with a king bed so please put me in one of those, he said he would if I paid for an upgrade, $250.00. So my $75 reservation turned into $250. I said no if you sold out of a room I reserved two months prior you should "upgrade" me (its a Days Inn really upgrade) to a king deluxe room, he refused. I then told him he was pulling a bait and switch and he smiled at first then said I'm canceling your reservation and I wont rent a room to you. I left the property and wont be back! Do not reserve a room at this motel, Conneaut Days Inn.

Unique Quality: Horrible owner that knows zero about customer service. Rude and pulls bait and switch tactics.
    Keep driving, Erie, PA is only another 30 minutes East of this hotel.

• RUDE, CRUDE, and UNACCEPTABLE

I didn't GET to stay. In late July, I made a reservation for Sept.3,4 & 5 at this Motel. On August 3, I suffered a major heart attack. This, of course canceled my travel plans. When I called the motel to cancel my reservation, I was told (by a man who SAID he was the manager) that my card would still be charged the full amount for the 3-night stay. When I tried to explain my situation further, and voice my displeasure with his attitude, he HUNG UP ON ME!! It should be noted here that I did not use any profanity, or ethnic remarks (even though his accent was such that I could barely understand him). But I WAS (and still AM) upset. I can promise you that I, nor any of my family, co-workers, or friends will stay at ANY Days Inn because of this incident. It's not the money, it's the principle. I had a HEART ATTACK and almost died, so the cancellation of my travel plans was totally unavoidable. If Days Inns need the money that bad, they can have my $235.17, but it will cost them FAR MORE than that in future business..........that I promise.

Unique Quality: A rude, uncaring manager.

Comments