1989 Front St, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Expedia.com Sheraton.com Orbitz.com

More about Sheraton Suites Akron-Cuyahoga Falls

Loved the Sheraton Suites

by TripAdvisor Member mary0318

Stayed at the Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls for two nites. When I booked, I had asked for a smoking room. When I checked in, there were none available. They then found me a non-smoking room where I could still smoke. What they did was upgrade my room to a 2 floor suite, a bed, whirlpool jacuzzi, bath on the first floor, then you walk down about 10 steps to a kitchen, dining room, living room and a balcony with a table and chairs on it. He told me I could smoke outside. It was a beautiful weekend, the balcony overlooked the falls, and it was the most awesome room I have ever stayed in! On Friday nights, right across the street from the hotel, they have a little park like setting that has bands and food booths set up from 5:00-11:00. When I parked my car on Friday, I didn't have to move it until I left on Sunday. The bars, restaurants, etc. are all within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Nice Room.....Staff could be friendlier.....

by TripAdvisor Member momof4inmd

My mother-in-law booked this hotel using her starwood points back in the beginning of the year so that we could come visit the Football Hall of Fame for the Enshrinement. She booked it under my husband's name but seeing that he was going to be at the Enshrinement all day, he contacted the hotel to make sure it would be ok for me, his wife, to check in. The female he spoke with said it would be so when I arrived at noon she said there weren't any rooms available and that I was "early". Well, if you have ever been to this area you will find there is not much to do right in Cuyahoga Falls so I had pretty much driven all the way there from Canton for nothing, not a biggie, I just went up to Akron shopping and came back a few hours later. When I arrived the second time the female I spoke with and my husband spoke with was not there anymore. The female that assisted me this time acted as if I wasn't going to be able to check in because it was in my husband's name. I explained to her what had transpired and luckily I had gotten the person's name we had spoken with. Not the friendliest check in I have ever received. The hotel didn't seem very busy. Our room was a suite which was very nice and I liked the view of the falls. Others have complained about the noise from the falls but it wasn't any louder than an air conditioning unit. The breakfast buffet was as good as any I have had at other hotels and the wait staff was always available for whatever we needed. Since we had a child under 2 with us we never got to experience the Jetty bar but it seemed entertaining and a nice atmosphere. It was nice not having to pay for parking here. They did offer a valet parking for a fee. Not sure why anyone would want to pay. The area seemed safe to me. This hotel location is not far from Akron and Canton. We visited Harry London, Pro Football Hall of Fame and the "Little Engine that Could" event while here. The pool and hot tub appeared to be well kept, could have used a few more chairs around the pool to sit in. There wasn't any staff on duty around the pool area like in some hotels. Their snack shop was rather small with not much to choose from. We ended up going to a convenience store/gas station a couple blocks away instead. Overall, I would recommend to others because ot the nice room and view. I was a little surprised that they didn't try to sell us a timeshare because the last time we used my mother-in-law's starwood points I received a long speech about timeshares and how we should have one as well. Maybe it was due to the location we were at (New York City).

Best in Akron/Canton

by TripAdvisor Member rlenz

Usually would not rate any hotel 5* that is not a Ritz or 4Seasons especially in an obscure northeastern Ohio city. We really enjoyed this Sheraton, great room with view of the falls, nice lounge area, swimmable pool, large hottub, dry sauna and quaint location.

Very Average for the Price

by TripAdvisor Member rachelray

We had a gift certificate for the Sheraton (Since last time we stayed there, a front desk attendant stole my credit card information to make a reservation for her friend at another sheraton in OH). The gift certificate was for one night's stay and breakfast.

Needless to say, we ended up getting a riverfalls view (opt out for this one). With an 11 month old, the train that went by every two hours THE ENTIRE NIGHT (yes, even at 2 and 4am) was an inconvenience.

The new restaurant -Piatto Novo- is VERY pricey and there isn't much to eat within walking distance. We got a coupon for breakfast in the morning; however, the coupon capped our limit at 20 dollars for two people (the breakfast buffet is 21 bucks PER person). We chose not to eat there and just left early.

Overall, the experience was average. I expected a better than average experience (since my credit card info was stolen last time), but the front desk wasn't really attentive, didn't great you as you walked by and the two people we had contact with seemed shy.

That, with the fact that the train blew a loud horn the whole night, and the breakfast buffet, just made the experience "okay."

Sheraton Suites Not Sweet At All

by TripAdvisor Member FroggySmith

Have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 15 years. It was always fine. In December 2006, my husband and I booked a penthouse suite under the mistaken assumption that it would be a step above a standard room. It was not so. The room had peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, carpet stains throughout and a heating system that turned cold then hot then cold. My husband was recovering from a serious illness, so we stayed put. Have written to Sheraton Customer Service who is passing on my complaints to the hotel. After two weeks, no response except notice that they were forwarding my message. Hotel has done away with mini-bar and room service options are very limited. Restaurant has changed over and it just adequate.

Great Bar, Good value, Rooms a little dated,

by TripAdvisor Member HnYMnR

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary in January 2007. We got a Jacuzzi suite with movie tickets thrown in. Ended up being a really good value. Other Jacuzzi suites in the area were astronomically higher than here. The staff is great. I needed a newspaper and they brought it right up. We also ate at the restaurant in the hotel. Very good view, good food. My only gripe is the rooms were clearly dated. Looked real 70's. But it didn't make any difference.

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member Believer54

This is a beautiful place. The outside isn't anything spectacular but the experience happens once you step inside. The lobby is beautivul and the balconies on each level overlook the lobby area. The glass elevators also give you a view of everything. I have to admit I was on a business trip so I didn't have to pay for the room out of my own pocket but I also would consider staying here for personal reasons if I needed to go back to the area. I was in a newly renovated king suite which overlooked the falls. The room was very, very clean and had all the amenities I could ask for (microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, etc.). Their restaurant was a little pricey for me so I ate in the lounge and was very satisfied. The lounge overlooks the falls and the meal was more than I could eat but since I had a refrigerator and microwave in my room I could take it back with me for the next day! Staff at the desk were very polite and professional. Overall, a great experience.

A Beloved Peaceful Special Stay

by TripAdvisor Member 5pooches

YOU WON'T REGRET A STAY HERE . . . . . .

Front Desk personnel ( a certain ONE - she knows who SHE is...) seem to be happy, proud Sheraton employees - professional, accomodating demeanor.

I misunderstood the "Falls View" room accomodations - thought the room included a balcony as shown on the web photos. I was wrong. The Balcony Suites cost alot more.

The Front Desk Supv was so kind (or took pity on me..) - Anyhow, she not only moved me to a NEWLY RENOVATED BEAUTIFUL ROOM WITH AN AWESOME FALLS VIEW -albiet a balcony!!) -
She DELIVERED MY ROOM KEYS and helped carry my luggage to make sure I was comfortable and satisfied.

The bed (so comfortable and cozy)
The room was very clean (unlike my "Pacific Ocean View Room in San Luis Obispo CA...)
The service (Front Desk-excellent!)
Parking (felt very safe and its FREE)

Lots to do & see - nearby - eating, shopping, beautiful flower gardens, Hartville Marketplace. I will DEFINITELY make this a yearly visit.
In God We Trust.....

Nice room, a little too expensive

by TripAdvisor Member love_those_wings

The Sheraton was very nice, large lobby with a glass elevator. Our room faced the falls, but the windows were old and had a foggy look to them. The king bed was in a room by itself with doors that closed between it and the living area. The living area had a sleeper sofa and small frig and microwave. We didn't hear the noise from the falls, or the highway...we heard the trains, but they didn't wake us up at night. The staff was very friendly.
They didn't serve a continental breakfast, because of the restaurant. We picked up Cinnabun's on our drive across the Ohio Turnpike to have for breakfast!
There is a decent view of the falls from the deck, but if you walk down to the patio near the pool, the view is much nicer. And, if you walk down to the first street past the Inn, there is an old trolley bridge which goes over the river and the view is beautiful from there. It's a shame that you cannot get closer to the river, with footpaths for hiking...I guess it would cost too much money.

Renovated rooms are great!

by TripAdvisor Member hotelemp

I chose to stay at the Sheraton Suites in lieu of sleeping on an uncomfortable couch at my family's house, and was very glad I did it. The hotel is almost done renovating (our hallway still had plastic on the carpet, I think they were working on a few more rooms on our floor). We got into a new room after an easy check in. I think we were the first people to stay in the room since it was renovated. Everything was great. The suite itself was about 400 sq. feet. There was an LCD TV in the living room, as well as a microwave, fridge (no mini-bar), and sink. The new bath amenities--by Bliss, just like the W brand has--smelled good but not overpowering. They really took time to look over the room and make sure everything was just right. Chris at the front desk told us the only things that weren't replaced are the mattresses, the bedroom TV's, and the microwaves (which seemed to be from about 15 years ago). The falls view provided much needed white-noise to sleep (we live near an interstate, so we're very used to the noise). Nothing bad to say about the hotel.

Comments