3950 Tuller Road, Dublin, Ohio, 43017, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• Bedbug Palace!!

I have stayed at numerous hotels and have never seen a bedbug before. I have always assumed that somewhere, I've slept along side of one, but never personally experienced one - until last night at the Quality Inn on Tuller Road in Dublin (4/7/11). U N B E L I E V A B L E !!

After a long drive from North Carolina, I checked in and was pleased with the appearance of my room. I turned in about 11:00 at night. Bed seemed a little lumpy, but otherwise tolerable. At 2:45 a.m. I woke up with the sensation of something crawling on me, in several places. Realizing it wasn't a dream, I turned on the lights and found a bug on my shoulder, and three on my legs. As I looked more closely, and turned back the covers, I could see numerous small, round bugs moving around. They were on the matress. They were on the sheet I pulled back. There were some in between the top sheet and the blanket. There were some under my pillows. There were a few on my pillows. I pulled back the mattress and saw teams of them milling about on the box springs.

When I called the desk clerk, and asked him if, by chance, he has a bed which isn't covered in bugs, he asked if he could come to my room to check things out. He brought a styrofoam dinner plate, and he proceeded to pick several of them off of the sheets, and dropped them onto the plate. Then after inspecting them, and the box springs with the small colony of them moving around, he tried to tell me they were spiders.

Even if I was stupid enough to believe that the bedbugs were spiders - was that supposed to make me feel better? That perhaps my bed is covered in spiders? No - it didn't. Nonetheless, these were bedbugs. Plain and simple. And plenty of them.

I had to wander over next door to the Hampton Inn and ask if they could hook me up. Not wanting to roll over there with bugs in my hair, I had to take a long, hot shower at 3:00 in the morning, place my bedclothes in a plastic bag to be laundered, and check in. By the time I packed everything up and moved my stuff next door to the Hampton Inn, it was 4:00 a.m., and I couldn't sleep, because I still felt as though I had bugs crawling all over me, despite the shower, and the obviously cleaner, bug-free room.

Book a room at this joint on the "nice" end of town only if you have a biohazard suit, and/or you believe that your bed is infested with spiders, not bedbugs, and you're okay with that.

Emily Carter
    Winston-Salem, NC

Unique Quality: The most unique quality about this hotel is the Clerk's uncanny ability to look you straight in the face, after finding hundreds of bedbugs in your bed, and telling you that those aren't bedbugs, they're spiders.

Comments