Metroplex Hotel and Conference Center

1620 Motor Inn Drive, (Formerly "Holiday Inn"), Girard, Ohio, 44420, United States

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Close down this hotel

First, I want to say that I am not nor have I ever been an employee of this hotel and don't know the owners.

My wife and I bought an online deal for a New Year's Eve package that included an overnight stay and dinner at this hotel. Upon arrival, I had to wait in line to check in with the other patrons who had purchased similar packages. There was 1 woman behind the counter, manually checking us in because the computer was down. I was 3rd in line and it still took 25 minutes. I felt badly for the 12 people who were in line behind me.

They served dinner in 2 shifts, the first at 6:00 PM and the second at 8:00.We chose the latter which turned out to be a good decision as they had 1 server, 1 caterer and 1 bartender. We arrived to find 2 couples seated, complaining loudly that the food was cold and there were no servers to be found. They left in a huff to get their money back. We persevered and were rewarded with a meal of chicken Francois, pasta, and prime rib (which was actually Arby's sandwich meat). I actually had to find a microwave oven in the restaurant which I used to heat up the food. The waitress was very frustrated and complained that the $33 fee that I had to pay when I checked in was, in part, a tip for the server. Only, she claimed that she never gets the tip out of that mysterious fee. We felt sorry for her and tipped her, anyway. Oh, and dessert turned out to be 2 plates of home-made Xmas cookies, one of which the bartender took back shortly after putting it out.

After dinner we retired to the lounge area where I was served screw-cap Merlot in a plastic cup. The bartender was nice enough to let me sample it first to see if it was up to snuff. I had to pay for it even though the deal called for 2 drinks apiece, free. We didn't say in the lounge very long.

The room had 2 double beds which were okay. There was no fridge or microwave in the room. There was a fair amount of human hair in the bathtub and a stain on the toilet seat that we wiped off with a wet rag. I thought about complaining and maybe getting another room, but was afraid because of what might be awaiting us if we made the change.

The next morning, I went to the lobby to complain but could find no one behind the desk. It reminded me of the Overlook hotel in 'The Shining'. I went to the restaurant to get the continental breakfast and ended up going back to the room with a banana and pop-tart for myself and my wife.

When I checked out, the surly attendant who finally showed up couldn't get me a copy of my hotel receipt because "the computer is down and they put away all the paperwork". So, I shook my head and just left.

Imagine Mr. Haney buying and running a 3-star Hilton hotel and you might get an idea of a night at the Metroplex.

Unique Quality: There were conduit cables beside the check-in desk that may be housing electrical wires, but I could not be sure.

Directions: Near the highways, not in a bad part of Youngstown

Comments