Kings Island Resort & Conference Center

Kings Island Resort
Hotels.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Kings Island Resort Poor Service

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I had made rservations online for a chalet family room. This would accomodate my entire family. When I got to the hotel I was told that none of the chalets were clean and the manager tried to talk me into get a single room with a roll away bed and try to fit 6 people in this. I refused. He then came back and said that they had a clean chalet available. We entered the room and it was clear to see that it was not vacummed. However, we were tired and I just wanted to go to bed. I entered the bath room and there was coffee spilled all over the sink and the commade was very dirty. I called hotel staff and asked if they could give me some cleaning supplies and I would clean the bathroom. The manager brought over some lysol and I cleaned the bathroom. I was so ready for bed and I pulled down the comforter and there was no fitted sheet on the bed. Just a mattress. I drew the line there and called staff and requested another room. They gave me 2 adjoining rooms and we had to pack up all of our bags and move to these rooms. I got home and found out that they have charged my credit card twice for two different amounts. I called hotel and (of course) the accountant is not in and I am still waiting on there phone call back. The pictures of the hotel on the internet look great,,,,,soooo not great. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Unique Quality: indoor pool was very cold

• Never Again

We reserved a room 2 weeks in advance, using hotel online reservation system. We reserved a "Family King Pool Building Smoking", received email conformation and print out of specifics. When we arrived they gave us a "Standard Double (No pool in sight!) Nonsmoking at the same rate! Staff agreed they made mistake but no other rooms available. Would not recommend to anyone and was a real disappointment to our getaway weekend!

More about Kings Island Resort & Conference Center

Biohazard Hotel

My aunt and I prechecked into the Kings Island Resort Family Suite in Block K, and then checked in again at 10 pm after a long hot day at the park. Being exhausted, we showered and each got into our beds, after checking the linens were clean, but I did not check the comforter. Had a hard time falling asleep because of all the noise outside our room. Looked near my face on comforter and saw a huge dark spot, turned on light to see dried bloodstains all over my comforter. Threw comforter off bed and called Management, who immediately brought another freshly clean, dried comforter and apologized. Could not sleep because grossed out and wondering what else was in my bed. The next morning my aunt noticed food pieces under my bed and around table, like no one had vacuumed the room, either. Being thoroughly disgusted, we checked out early and told the desk clerk our feelings about the hotel's cleanliness, and he got permission to "give" us ten percent off. We decided not to eat there because of the nasty room and left. When I called twice when I got home to talk to the head manager like the clerk had told me to do, the desk took my name and number and no one has called me back yet, after two weeks. For the price, $139 a night, this was not worth the money at all and the health risks alone were enough to warn anyone NOT to stay here.

Very enjoyable

We were at King's Island June 26 through June 29, 2006. We had a great time as the location was awesome. The shuttle back and forth to the park was the main reason why we chose this hotel. I was pleased except the rooms could have a small micro-wave oven added. Other than that, it was what we expected.

How disappointing!

by TripAdvisor Member Gaulhall

Oh my gosh, this place is terrible! We came down to watch the tennis in Cincinnati with a group of families. My husband and I were the first to arrive with our boys. Our room smelled of mold and mildew, the windows were filthy and there was a dark spot on the carpet in front of the bathroom sink. The bedspread on one of the beds had a spot on it, YUK! But the worst thing was between the wall and the bed there were disgusting TOENAILS!! This room hadn't been properly cleaned at all. We let management know and had the room re-cleaned, everything from towels to sheets to bed spreads. I tried to find another room at another hotel but with the tennis in town, everything was full. I also let the other families know the condition of the place so they could plan accordingly, but we were all stuck here. NEVER AGAIN will we come here. There is a Great Wolf Lodge being built right across the street. This place is going to die if it doesn't get its act together and fix the rooms up. Oh also the food is way overpriced, and not good either.

Fun and Clean and a value!

by TripAdvisor Member ohiofamilyguy

After staying at the Great Wolf, we decided to try this facility. The checkin was fine, the room was newly updated and the entire place was clean. The indoor pool was a ball and the kids loved the game rooms.

For the value, location and clean rooms, I'll stay here again. The people really care for you and my family felt pampered.

Never again

by TripAdvisor Member Ann1475

This hotel was not even close to what I expected it to be. I traveled there with 8 other family members for Memorial Day weekend (2 nights) and all the adults agreed that we will never stay here again. First of all, when the reservation was made, we were told we'd be in the main building but when we checked in, they had no record of that and put us in another building. My dad (who made the reservation) requested first floor rooms because he and my brother have disabilities (one is legally blind and the other has a severe heart condition) that make climbing stairs very difficult. Well, they had no record of that either and they put us on the 2nd floor and their buildings have no elevators!!! Both he and I complained at different times but to no avail because they were booked and had no where to move us. The staff couldn't have cared less about our huge inconvenience. Our room was one of the dirtiest I have ever stayed in: dirty couch, dirty refrigerator, hairs in the shower, hairs in the ice bucket and the dresser and table had huge cuts in them. Apprently someone tried turning them into pieces of art with their knife.

On the plus side, the pool was great for the kids to burn off some energy. The shuttle made getting to Kings Island and back very convenient. From the front of the hotel we could see the fireworks from KI which was nice.

Overall the cons definitely outweighed the pros and we will not be going back there. If you do, walk through the grass by building K and near one of the big trees you'll see a decomposing oppossum. I wish I was joking, but I'm not. What a nice touch to such a classy place. Thank God the Great Wolf is across the street, we stayed there one night and it was a dream compared to this place.

Comments