Belamere Suites Hotel

Tags

Luxury Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Spa and Resort
See Amenities

Not Worth The Risk!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 8, 2011

I am writing to tell you about an absolutely horrible experience I had at Belamere today!!!

Today is my husband’s 40th birthday. To surprise him I made reservations for a night in Belamere's Royal Suite. We used to stay at your hotel 4-5 times per year when we stayed on the eastern side of Michigan, but have not stayed there since we moved to Portage MI over a 3.5 hour drive (one way).

When I originally called to book a room, the hotel was full, so I asked to get added to the waiting list. I was happy when I received a call from the hotel approx 3 wks ago stating that the room was available. I booked the room and provided my credit card for the charges. Paid in Advance.

Now we reach today. This morning my husband and I opened gifts and I think I was just as excited as he was when he found out we were going to Belamere. I took care of all of the arrangements. I found an overnight sitter for the kids, bought wine, bath salts, and other hot tub supplies. I even went as far as calling the Giant Eagle in Perrysburg and getting a mini birthday cake made with my husband’s name on it.

So it was absolutely horrible when we arrived and there was no record of my reservation. NONE. This is not even the worst part. The clerk then offered to call a local Comfort Inn (also known as Bed Bug Inn) to see if any rooms were available. No thank you! I still have not gotten to the worst part. The clerk then offers us a 20% off coupon for our next stay. Yup so the next time we drive 3.5 hrs our room can be discounted 20%! Wow – WHAT A JOKE! A joke on me that is.

This place is just not worth the Risk!!!!!!

Unique Quality: Nice hotel, but just because you make a reservation and pay for it in full in advance, doe not mean they will have a room for you when you arrive. The place is simply not worth the risk!

Directions: Industrial District

Perrysburg's Hidden Gem

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 26, 2008

My husband and I went to Belamere to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. The rooms are fantastic! Each suite has a garage, so you go from car to room in 2 steps - and your car is safe!

Each goregeous, clean room has a generous jacuzzi tub, as well as a walk-in shower for 2. The king-plus sized bed is super comfortable and loaded with pillows. For the ultimate romantic getaway, reserve a presidential suite with its own private swimming pool. It was by far the most enjoyable experience for my husband and I!

The heating / cooling unit is a little loud, but otherwise I have no real complaints!

Unique Quality: Jacuzzi in every room, 2-person shower, fireplace, and swimming pool

Nearby Belamere Suites Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Perrysburg Travel Forum

Need advice about Perrysburg, Ohio? Visit the Travel Forum for Perrysburg and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Perrysburg hotel reviews