Ashley's Island House

557 Catawaba Avenue, PO Box 395, Put in Bay, Ohio, 43456, United States

More about Put-in-Bay

View of the memorial from inside the centerView of the memorial from inside the center

From outside the centerFrom outside the center

Me meandering the parkMe meandering the park

In flight!In flight!

Where to stay?

by luv2laughlots

We are planning a girls get-away in Aug '07 for a weekend in Put-in-Bay and we are looking for a place to stay there. We would like a suite that would accommodate 6. We are fun loving girls in our 30's and early 40's that would like to find a place close by to the bars, clean, and of course, a pool. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Where to stay?

by PIBJERRY

The best place for groups to stay is The Island Club www.islandclub.com. Its fun, clean and not much more than a hotel room if you have more than 4 people. I think they have a pool this year as well. Its lots of fun.

Re: Where to stay?

by PIBJERRY

Travel Tips for Put-in-Bay

Explore the Island

by kaloz

I was invited to the islands by my neighbors. We had a great time, riding around in the golf cart, going swimming, having some beers, checking out the shops, and enjoying the celebration. Spending time with friends.

Enjoy the view from atop the monument

by kaloz

The Perry monument is a great monolith and stands well above any other structure. Take a ride to the top for some great views of Put-in-Bay. We had great weather for this outing, summer sun, and little wind.

Pack and carry atleast two sets of clothing

by abi_maha

Let your bags be waterproof, the rains arrive suddenly, we had a wet passport and important documents at the end of the day since nobody had warned us about this! Pack 2 additional sets of clothes in your bag. one for changing after adventure sports the other if like us you get stuck in a storm afterward! Carry loads of sunscreen, when hot it gets really HOT!

Women's Wear

by kaloz

Put-in-Bay is a day trip, so you will only need what you can carry. See through pants!! You should bring summer wear, something that is fun. Since the locals call it "Put-Out-Bay", it might be a good idea to carry some contraceptive devices. Summer sunshine calls for slower film, ASA 100 at a maximum. You may want to go boating, or swimming, so a bathing suit is a good idea, and a towel. A jacket would be nice for the cool evening air.

Swimming in Lake Erie

by kaloz

We found a scenic overlook, that overlooked a pebbled beach. There was a fence across, but we found some side trails and soon were near the water. We weren't the only ones trespassing, these guys were jumping off the cliff.
I went down to the beach, the water was warm. Darn, I didn't have my suit. Oh well, naked it is. The others were laughing. They had set me up with a girl, and within twenty minutes of hitting the island, I was Naked!!

Comments