Lakeview Ave., Put in Bay, Ohio, 43456, United States
Official Site

Satisfaction Poor

More about Put-in-Bay

As I browse the history of the memorialAs I browse the history of the memorial

Standing next to Perry's statueStanding next to Perry's statue

our carts parked outside the Memorialour carts parked outside the Memorial

The Oak Point Docking BayThe Oak Point Docking Bay

Bars

by baw40

My friends and I are planning a trip to Put-in-Bay this summer. One friend is only 20. Are there any bars or clubs she can get into on the island(as long as she doesn't drink)?

Re: Bars

by bocmaxima

Probably just restaurants, although I bet there are some clubs that are 18+. I've found Ohio to be a little more lax on the carding thing, so she may just be able to get in (girls can usually pull that off more than males, especially with male bouncers), although it depends on how young she actually looks.

Travel Tips for Put-in-Bay

Put-in-Bay Trip Report

by pibohmark

Put-in-Bay also known as Put in Bay is a resort island located in Ohio in the middle of Lake Erie. It features many great attractions and is an ideal place for familes and weekenders seeking a great escape. There are a few great websites that offer information about Put-in-Bay and they are http://www.putinbay.com http://www.putinbayonline.com and http://www.ohio-put-in-bay.com

You can get there by ferry boat http://www.jet-express.com or by private boat or airplane. Once on the island you can tour the island by renting a golf cart, bicycle or moped from http://www.putinbayrentals.com There are numerous restaurants and bars the offer many different type od food and entertainment appealing to all ages ranges.

We arrived at Put-in-Bay in August for a long three day weekend. We departed from Port Clinton Ohio on the Jet-Express ferry however we learned the we could have also departed from Sandusky Ohio. We had reservations at the Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel http://www.putinbayresort.com for a pool view with a balcony room. The resort was located within walking distance from the ferry boat.

Upon arrival to the resort, we were pleasantly surprised to find a modern, extramlly clean facility! There was a large pool with a swim up bar and a very large Jacuzzi that held about 60 people. Check in was efficient and the front desk staff was helpful in aswering our first timer questions.

We then arrived in our room to find well apointed and comfortable quarters. Our room had free high speed internet and also had a refrigerator which came in handy.

We then rented a golf cart at the suggestion of the front desk from Delaware Golf Carts http://www.putinbayrentals.com and began to tour the island with a map that was provided at the rental office.

The island itself is about 2.5 miles by 5 miles long. We found several caves that we could tour and a very nice winery that offered samples and a tour as well. There is also a very nice state park called South Bass Island State park that had a beautiful view of the lake and camping.

For diiner we enjoyed dining at the Boardwalk restaurant which was primarily seafood and located on the water. We also at at a place called Mossbacks which was also very nice and had a great steak there!

After dinner we watched a local entertainer named Pat Dailey who was fantastic! His songs were funny and he really encouraged audience participation!

There were two main places to eat breakfast.pasqualies and Frosty's. In our opinion the Pasqualies was a better value. All of our lunches we ate were at the Blue marlin Bar & Grill http://www.putinbayresort.com/gallery/a-tiki1.jpg and were wonderfull. They your typical sandwiches etc. but we opted for the smoked BBQ ribs and brisket which was simply the best we had ever experienced.

All is all this was one of the best vacations we have had inside of the United States! With not even a traffic light on the island you relly felt as if you had escaped reality and it was a much needed relaxing vacation. We miss the peacfulness of the secluded island and the wonderful helpful people living on the island.

The Perry Victory and...

by bobgatewood

The Perry Victory and International Peace monument is a must see. It is 350+ ft. in the doric style, commemorating the Battle of Lake Erie and the Peace between Canada and the USA. The nightlife, the state park, the harbor, and touring the island is magnificant. Great restaraunts, golfing, golfcart touring, and most of all partying will make great itenerary additions. Wineries, caves, and all the civic functions- it's just too much to list. I sing at the Round House Bar. The memories are so many and good I write songs about them. You can see some pictures of Put-in-Bay at our web site http://www.bobgatewood.com/ . The Chamber of Commerce has a great page http://www.put-in-bay.com/ . From Derby Day to Halloween, it's the best!

Don't steal the monument

by kaloz

These guys are armed and dangerous!!

There is a memorial service for those who died in the battle and they shoot off a cannon. The fourth of July celebration also include a vintage car rally, and, of course, fireworks in the evening. Enjoying the fireworks with friends.

To be a woman!

by juldga

I brought more for a weekend at Put in Bay than I did for a week in Florida and Seattle! I took 2 bags and a cooler, and my friend had a large suitcase. I needed clothes for the day. Clothes for going out at night. Swimsuit and towel. It is windy on the lake so a jacket or sweater is a good idea. I needed shorts and jeans, tanktops, t-shirts and sweatshirts... Since we were going out I had to bring everything. Shampoo, conditioner, hairspray mousse, all makeup, perfume, jewlery, hairdryer, iron, club gear (beads and glow bracelets!) Wow I took alot My digital camera and tons of extra batteries I am going camping there over laborday and I will definitely have to bring my car. too much to carry If you brought alot like me be sure to get a cab to take you to your hotel if you take the miller ferry instead of the bus

wading across...

by juldga

If you go down to the beach not pebble beach but the beach covered in shells you will find a trail that leads to another oart of the beach. You can wade across the shallow water to go to a little island (Its own or part of south bass I do not know) Very ineresting

Comments