2001 Cleveland Rd., Sandusky, Ohio, 44870, United States

Travelocity eDreams Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• Had a great time!!

Employees were great, lots of life guards on duty rooms need to be updated but I was there for the water park not really the room. Room was clean daughters loved that there were bath and body products in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, soap) loved the screened in balcony.

Unique Quality: This was a surprise for my daughters 11 and 8 they loved everything about the hotel how it was designed, the arcade, and of course the water park! My husband and I also had a blast loved the water slides the hot tub that you could walk from the inside to the outside, the wave pool, and the family play scape, we had so much fun we are going back in Oct.

More about Castaway Bay Resort

Get To The Point! Cedar Point!

by LuvMyBoxerKids

Cedar Point is the best rollar coaster park on the east coast...and dare I say the United States! This park is the cleanest park I have been to! It is laid out well and has many different rides and attractions to offer its visitors! The MUST RIDES of Cedar Point are: Millenium Force, The Raptor (My personal favorite!), Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum XL-200, Corkscrew, Gemini and the mean streak! To check out a map of the park or all of the rides the park offers, go to their website, www.cedarpoint.com They also offer on site lodging, including Castaway Bay, the newest indoor waterpark resort to hit Ohio and Soak City Outdoor Waterpark! For the 2006 season, you can get a one-day Funday pass for just $39.95 for riders ages 3-61, 48" and taller. A Junior Funday pass is yours for just $9.95 for guests age 3 and older, under 48" tall in shoes. And a Senior Funday pass is just $9.95 for guests Age 62 and over. Members of the US Military may purchus Funday passes for just $30. Valid ID required. Discount applies only to active or retired military personnel and immediate family members.

Had a great time

We just returned from castaway bay, we usually stay at Great Wolf. Our kids really enjoyed their waterpark as they have a wave pool and an outdoor spa. The rooms were clean but not updated. We did not care as our kids enjoyed the waterpark. We would return as the waterpark was nice. They do need to keep the water a little warmer and get kids channels. It is worth it if you get a good deal on the room.

Had a great time!

Just returned from Castaway Bay. After reading some of the reviews here we were worried and actually considered changing our reservations. I am very glad we stayed at Castaway Bay. We travelled there with two other families and saw many others that we knew there. It was winter break for our children and they loved it. The waterpark is great! Many slides and more variety for older children and adults. I found the water to be a perfect temperature (and I don't like cool water). The staff was very friendly and our kids got to know many of them. Our room was more than we expected. It was clean and a perfect size. We had two double beds and a pull out couch. We also had a wet bar which was perfect for making lunch. We really didn't spend much time in the room except later at night. Who wants to spend $$ to go away and watch TV. By the way my kids did find children's TV stations.

What an INCREDIBLE time!!! Got back today...

Where do I begin?! WOW! What a perfect place for kids! Imagine... a place where you can pay reasonable prices for a decent room, be only steps away from a good variety of restaurants including a great breakfast buffet, a climatized indoor water park with enough to do for any toddler, grade schooler, teenager, whatever to wear them out to go to bed nice and early so Mommies and Daddies can get their rest too!
Well.... we've found it! Castaway Bay!
Hotel room - Great
Cleanliness - Great
Service / Staff - Great
Food / Restaurant - Great
Indoor water park area - Perfect
Boredom - NONE!
We too were concerned about the negative comments that were written, and honestly we cannot see where they were coming from. Our room was just fine. The water park was well put together!! The Lookout Lagoon had cooler water than the rest of the areas, not sure why (but all those kids running around didn't seem to mind!) Everything else was almost like bathwater. The hotel is not brand new (the water park is). We knew this before going and weren't disappointed. Besides, you don't go to Castaway Bay to spend all your time in your room. Oh, one more thing...watch out for those really tall slides that go outside. They do kind of scrape your back, but if you wear a T-shirt, problem solved! They provide a Great Thrill!!

Great

We (Mom, Dad, 2 and 4 yr old) just got back this week from Castaway bay...... overall the trip was great. We have been to the Great Wolf Lodge (Traverse City) and now CB and found CB to be more fun for us and the kids. The wave pool and the faster steeper slides give CB the edge. In the evening they also show a Snoopy movie on the big screen and read a couple stories which gives kids a chance to wind down. We never ate at the park but there are a bunch of places to eat nearby. Best bang for you buck maybe the pizza hut buffet a couple miles away. Overall we gave it 4 out of 5. 3 for the hotel which needs updating and 5 for the water park.

Pro's: Fun water slides, Wave pool, location, crafts and games, Snoopy

Con's: Lifeguards need training on dealing with toddlers, hotel needs updating, $$$$

Overall if you are debating between GWL and CB and are strictly looking at water park fun...I would go with CB.

Great time!

We just returned today from our weekend at Castaway Bay. I read many reviews before we left and began to panick the night before when I saw how many unhappy experiences there were. Afterall, we spent alot of money to book our room ahead of time and the kids and us were very excited and looking forward to it. But what we found was the opposite. We immediately were impressed. Everything went smoothly from check-in, to the waterpark, the restaurants and our room. We had the "Starfish" room, (which we got only because there was a cancellation). It had two double beds, a nice large bathroom, mini fridge, microwave, desk/chair, dresser, and a TV. Now I don't understand all the negative feedback about not having any kids channels. I read numerous posts that there weren't any!!! Well we immediately found Nickelodeon and Disney channel as soon as we turned on the TV. There was also a screened in balcony which is nice if you are a smoker and could slip out the doors instead of going all the way downstairs to leave the building. We ate dinner and breakfast at Mango Mike's. The staff is friendly and we got good service. Kudos to "Mango Zachary"!!! Our three children are 1, 4, and 11 and the two little ones ate FREE!!! (5 and under are free instead of the usual 2 and under at other restaurants). The waterpark is nice although VERY CROWDED! We went on a weekend where all the rooms were booked so it was expected. Here are a few pointers for those of you who will be going...

Leave early!!! The parking lot is small and the spaces go quickly. We got there at 10:30 am and probably found the last parking spot. (And check-in time isn't until 4).

Take plenty of snacks and beverages to keep in your room. We had a quickie lunch that consisted of microwaved hot dogs and snacks that definately saved us money and time.

The locker room is SMALL! Always congested upon check in time and we received the last "large" locker. (Again it was only 10:30 am).

All in all we had a great experience and will definately be going back.

ripoff!!!!!

I can't believe Cedar Point, with all its millions of dollars, couldn't build a brand new facility but used a tired old relic of a hotel instead. They also didn't invest in new blankets either. They just had the holes in the old ones stitched up. No Joke!!! We left before checkout time because of a fire in the building. The arcade is another ripoff, making you purchase a game card for a dollar and then not even giving you 4 tokens for every dollar. For tendollars we received 35. We will not return. I'm sorry I spent resort prices on such garbage.

Not nearly as nice as Great Wolf Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member chriss1230

When we first arrived our key cards to let us in our room would not work...went back to desk and had them reprogrammed, but they still would not work. The desk clerk instructed us to wait by the door to our room and she would sent someone down to help. After waiting over 15 minutes, I had to go back to the desk and then they finally sent someone to replace the batteries in the door lock. The waterpark itself is very nice...good water coaster and wave pool...nice outdoor hot tub. We ate lunch and breakfast at Mango Mikes....the food was bad and overpriced. I would suggest eating at TGI Fridays instead, but there is no other choice for breakfast in the hotel. The game arcade was supposed to be new, but was filled with used games - 1/3 of which did not work and had "waiting for service" signs on them. The rooms are okay, but the hallways are dark and dingy. We have stayed at Great Wolf Logdge also....there is no comparison....Great Wolf Lodge is a much nicer overall experience.

We had a great time and can't wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member ClarkK64

We went for two days during mid-winter break -- and loved it. The indoor waterpark was great, and could have easily kept us entertained another day or two. The buffet restaurant is small -- but the food selection for the price was excellent.

The water park had something for all of us. My wife enjoyed the indoor/outdoor "hot tub" -- which was really more like a very warm, large, and odd sized pool. The kids spent hours in the wave pool. This 40 year old kid had the most fun in the fort, spraying the kids, and having massive amounts of water dumped all over us from all sides. The water coaster was a lot of fun -- we went back to it repeatedly while we were there.

The facilities beyond the water park area are like your average family accomodation. Not terribly fancy or special -- but everything you need.

I've heard the accomodations, and the "lodge" itself at Great Wolf Lodge are nicer. However, if your focus, like ours, is the water park, I'm not sure that matters. As always, your mileage may vary.

Going back, for sure!!!

We have been to both CB and GWL. We will definitely be going back to CB. GWL is okay, but there seems much more fun things to do at CB for the kids (ages 3 1/2 and 8 yrs) . My kids LOVED (and hubby and I ) CB so much more than GWL. Granted, CB does need to update the Radisson something terrible, but who really minds that when you are so wonderfully entertained with the waterpark. It's overall clean enough on the inside of the Radisson. The food part is expensive, but there's enough around the area that you can step out rather quickly and close by for a cheaper meal. We have recommended this place to everyone and we're planning another trip in a few weeks....Cowabunga!!

Kelly's IslandKelly's Island