5909 Milan Rd., Sandusky, Ohio, 44870, United States

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Comfort Inn Sandusky

Ok Hotel for the Price

by TripAdvisor Member blackhawk750

We took the family to Cedar Point and stayed at the Comfort Inn Sandusky 729 and 7/30/07. I was a listtle nervous after reading the reviews, but booked it anyway.

The room was what I would expect for a $40 to $60 a night place, but because of Cedar Point, they can get a premium.. we paid $88 a night. The capert looked old, and the beds are hard (which I like). The pillow were to small, and when I called for more they had no extras.

The pools were a crazy mess of kids being loud and uncontroled while most parents were either in thier rooms or at the bar, so we did not stay there long.

The continental breakfast look good, but when you consider the size of this hotel and the small area they have for the breakfast, we opted to go to McDonalds and save a bunch of time.

Would I stay there again... yes... jus wish the rate was $40 instead of $90.

Comfort Lacking At This Comfort Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Scouse-Express

Just spent 3 nights at this property, which is located on Hwy 250, just south of US Hwy 2.......and that ends the good bit!

Boasts of having an outdoor pool.......CLOSED!
Pool Side Cabana Bar.......CLOSED ON TUESDAY NIGHT!
Sauna............CLOSED!
In-Room Phones...........NOT WORKING!

Was initially checked into room 196, which had the hardest beds I have ever encountered in my life......and I spend roughly 200 nights per year in hotels as I am an OTR Coach Driver. Roughed it for the 1st night, and then requested to be moved to a different with softer beds. 7 rooms later, I found one that was acceptable.

The Hotel does offer its guests the use of a computor in the lobby. However, it is painfully slow, and constantly locks up on you.

Worst experience ever!

by TripAdvisor Member hoosierstamper

I went to this hotel for July 4th weekend 2006. it was the worst experience ever. We requested a non-smoking room, but it was very smoky smelling and had cigarette butts on the floor. The toilet overflowed when flushed. There were blood stains on the bed. Not to mention that the "satisfaction guaranteed" sign at the front desk means nothing. The hotel manager was a witch. NEVER going back and have submitted complaints to the BBB, hotel owner, and visitor's bureau in Sandusky.

Pictures "looked" great, but hotel was DISGUSTING

by TripAdvisor Member Spagal82

The pictures on Orbitz looked great. It looked like a really nice hotel from the outside and then when we checked in we asked for 2 rollaways and they said they will be in our rooms when we get there. 4 hours later we called the desk and they said they ran out of rollaways. The bathrooms were digusting with no soap at the sink to wash your hands. We had gotten 4 rooms and 3/4 rooms smelled musty and smoky (they were suppose to be non-smoking rooms). 1 of the beds had a long hair in the sheets. If you are going to Cedar Point and want a nice hotel Castaway Bay looked really nice or The Great Wolf Lodge.

Extremely Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member N0way

We spent two nights at this hotel and after returning to our room from our trip to Cedar Point we noticed that our souvenier bag was missing from our our visit to Put-In-Bay. When I asked the General Manager, Amy, about it she basiclly said I was out of luck! I couldn't prove the items were in the room and therefore the hotel was not responsible. She said she went "above and beyond" by calling housekeeping to see if they remembered our souvenier bag and they of course said no. I guess she expected them to say "yes, and I took it" or "yes, and I threw it away". She said housekeeping remembers replacing our soaps and towels and making the bed. I went back to the room to bring her the half used shampoo bottle that was there the day we checked in and the dirty soap bars and also told her they did not replace any of the wash cloths. I woke up the first morning with a strange bite mark on my arm that left a huge red blotch. the second night my daughter killed a very strange bug that was crawling on her while laying on the bed. This was such a bad experience that I will never book a Comfort Inn again in the future. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and have never had an experience quite like this. I also was picking up trash all around the pool deck because it was really bothering me while trying to relax there! The chlorine in the indoor pool was so strong that it burned our eyes just walking through. We never got into either pool - they looked dirty!

Clean and quiet

by TripAdvisor Member Busy Marie

We just returned home from a trip to Northern Ohio. Cedar Point is always our first stop. Last year we stayed at the Sandusky Rodeway Inn and was terribly disappointed. This year we stayed at the Comfort Inn and it was refreshingly clean, quiet and pleasant. I don't want anything fancy or expensive, just a nice clean place to sleep before and after Cedar Point. The kids and I had a very nice stay for two nights. The staff was friendly and responsive. They also gave away free Pepsi cans with $8 off coupons to Cedar Point.

The cost was the same $80 we would have spent at Rodeway, but MUCH nicer.

They also have a free shuttle to the front gate at Cedar Point, saved the $10 parking fee. Indoor and outdoor pools, and a jaccuzi and sauna. Very nice.

My only trouble was that there were no towels in my room. Both nights we got to the room late, ready to hit the hay, and had to call the front office for towels for showers. The runner brought towels up asap. Wasn't a long wait, just a bother that I had to call at all.

As bad (if not worse) as the reviews state

by TripAdvisor Member PState216

To start things off, I must say that I read a lot of bad reviews of this hotel, and figured I'd give it a shot anyways. I regret that I did. The hotel is HUGE, two stories, and one long hallway on each floor about the lenght of two football fields. This created a prison type feel.

We had problems from check in. We booked a room for 3 people, and upon check in found that we had a one double bed room. How are 3 adults going to stay in a one bed room? The front desk advised they would provide a roll-away bed, which is no solution when 3 adults would like adult beds to sleep in. We asked them for a room that was designed for 3 adults and they told us they couldn't do anything, that the hotel was sold out and that was the best they could do. I booked our room in FEBRUARY, and it was JULY! So they expect me to believe that in February, 5 months before go time, all they had available for 3 adults was a one double bed room? Unbelievable!

When we got to the room, we were horrified to find that it was a room for people with disabilities. It was a very ugly, ackwardly laid out room, with a huge bathroom that instead of a shower stall, the entire room was the shower. The room was very dirty, and had furniture and carpeting which looked like somone repeatedly wet themself on.

The bed itself (the one bed we had) was the hardest bed I have ever felt in my life, including college dorm beds, employee housing beds at Cedar Point, and hospital beds.

The hotel was quiet, I will admit, even though it was sold out, which was suprising.

I did enjoy the pool side bar very much. It was a great atmosphere, and the bartender was wonderful.

So in summary, a few good qualities cannot redeam this hotel. It was overpriced and under performing.

My advice... go about 300 feet next door and spend the extra ten bucks to stay at the Comfort Suites, which while run by the same management, is only 2 years olds so they can't screw it up THAT bad.

Don't do it !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member My_feet_smell

Please be advised the stories are true, here is our experience.
We checked in on Sunday evening, on the way to our room we passed a garbage can that was overflowing and lots of garbage on the floor. No problem I thought this will get picked -up in the morning. We checked out 3 days later and there is more garbage then when we first got there, it had never been emptied and it stunk.
The last night there we get back to our room from Cedar Point (great place), to find that housekeeping had not left any towels or washcloth. Of I go to the front desk to get our towels.
Not more then a half hour later our commode clogs. I call the front desk and ask them to bring a plunger, 20 minutes later no plunger. 20 minutes was a long time because other people need to use the commode. Back to the front desk I go, down a very long hallway, upon my return I find that a plunger had been dropped off.
You would think they would have the courtesy to unclog the commode for me, NOPE, here I am at 11:30 at night unclogging a commode after spending 13 hours at Cedar Point, just what I wanted to do!!!!!!!!!!
Last but not least, a word of advice.

If you plan on staying here you might want to consider bringing your own air mattress. The beds, if that is what they are called there, are made out of concrete. I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps and have never slept on ground that was that hard.
As I finish this review I'm contemplating looking for a Chiropractor.

Cedar Point was great

Pretty Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member factory81

Hello,

This is my 2nd time at the Comfort Inn at 5909 Milan in Sandusky. We stayed in July 06 for a night, and got a room right by the pool. That room then was clean, and the pool side bar made it a little plus.

This July 29th-31 '07 trip was equally enjoyable. We had Room 149 and the room was clean as was the bathroom. No molds, no dirty sheets. Our soap was even replaced every day even after just a few uses. I wonder what they do with all that.

The front desk staff is informative, and offered towels whenever we asked. Didn't try the breakfast.

I seen a Mother early in the morning saying something about how the pool isn't opened at 9 in the morning right when it says it is supposed to be open. (Yet the outdoor pool by the bar "shuts down at 11....the bar is open till 2:30 so the pool was well is open till 2:30 pretty much). So maybe the pool wasn't open right away one day, but it looked like the problem was resolved by staff.

The pool area got a "little dirty" at night. People left the towels and beer cans on tables and if you wanted a spot you just had to do the math of people outside in the pool, and the chances your sitting in someones spot. I just gathered up a few towels, and set them on a chair off to the side, and wiped off the table with one of their towels. You could bring your own cooler to the pool. They also had T.V.'s outside playing sportscenter.

I have to say this hotel is pretty nice. We are staying at the Breakers Express to try that place out with early entrance to the park. People seem to have a little trouble finding good hotels in Sandusky. This hotel is pretty nice. I paid $197 for 2 nights stay inc. taxes.

Above average experience

by TripAdvisor Member jenkens

My husband and I and our 5 children stayed in 2 rooms on Aug, 25, 2007. After reading the reviews was a little worried about my choice of hotels. When we arrived the front staff was excellent checking us in, and provided a map of Sandusky and gave us directions to restaurents, shopping and Cedar Point. We never made it to the pool, but had a chance to take a peek and it was very big with an oversized hot tub. Both rooms could have used some furniture updating, but what does the really matter when you are staying in a room for one night. There was a huge variety offered for breakfast with lots of seating. This was great, we didn't have to stop at an over crowded restaurent before we hit the park. Would definately stay again.

Comments