Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Sandusky

Fairfield Inn Sandusky
Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Sandusky

My Pal LucyMy Pal Lucy

Giant Wheel. CP.Giant Wheel. CP.

Which Waterpark or similar attraction is best value for adults?

by Xenokitten

Hello my birthday is next month and we're planning to go to an indoor waterpark resort. I'll be turning 29. My mom is 48, my grandma is 67, and my best friend is 25. We went to Kalahari in December and really enjoyed it.

I don't really enjoy waterslides. I love roller coasters but my experience on slides has been less than pleasant (rafts tipping over, including flipping completely upside down, water getting up my nose/face/etc.) It's not that I find them too scary, just rather unpleasant. I did force myself to go on several of them, for the sake of my best friend who loves them, but I always feel like I'm forcing myself to do so.

I do however love lazy rivers, wave pools, log rides, swimming, and hot tubs. I think I read that kalahari has the longest lazy river.

If there were any resorts in the area that featured more pools/hottub/spa like ammenities and less slides I'd be interested in that.

I also went to Splash Lagoon in Erie last summer. It was ok. Only had a day pass there. It was really hot outside and inside it was too hot and the water temperature felt way too hot too. That was my main complaint. I did love the fact that splash lagoon had an adult only hot tub. I thought that was really nice. But the overall atmosphere and service and attractions at kalahari seemed much more exciting.

I really did not like the food at Kalahari. We had the 40 dollar great karoo gift card thing. It was disgusting I thought. Must be an acquired taste cuz it gets good reviews. Just I didn't like the sauces and seasonings that accompanied most meals.

By contrast, although I've never visited, I do happen to know that Castaway Bay has a TGIFriday's on location, which cassual family dining would appeal to me more than some fancy acquired taste locale.

I did really like the petting zoo and feeding the animals at Kalahari. The indoor surfing was also fun. I'm also a huge gamer and loved the arcade. Minigolf was fun also.

We'll be staying for 3 or 4 nights next month so I want somewhere with a nice atmosphere in the lobby/suites. I also enjoyed the room decor of kalahari... but I am interested in hearing about other waterparks or resorts which feature some of the things I've highlighted here.

Thoughts/suggestions?

I'm currently located in Twinsburg Ohio. My family/best friend are from PA (about halfway between pittsburgh and erie.) Any suggestion should be within 4-5 hours drive from either location. Thank you for your time and consideration.

I can't decide. So far leaning towards returning to Kalahari. But I also know that Cedar Point will be open by my birthday, and Castaway Bay's prices seem cheap considering it comes with free tickets to Cedar Point as well as use of the indoor/onsite waterpark. But the waterpark itself is very small 35,000 square feet, where as kalahari is 125,000 square feet. I also dunno what the weather will be like by mid may. Might be a little cold still especially with it being right off of lake erie. I do love Cedar point though. Only been there once, but it was amazing.

Gah can't make up my mind lol.

Summary (looking for:):
Relaxation (heavy focus on spas, saunas, wave pools, large swimming pools, hot tubs, lazy rivers, raging rapid type rides (probably would have to be inside cedar point to find such a ride but its my favorite ride XD)
Atmosphere/Decor
Good Food (preferably chain/well known restaurants)
Adult Only attractions are a really big plus
Ones with animals are a plus
Arcade/dry attractions are another huge plus

Can anyone make some reccomendations?

Re: Which Waterpark or similar attraction is best value for adults?

by Aloe9678

Go to Cedar Point! In the interest of full disclosure, I worked there as a lifeguard in the summer of 2000, but it's an amazing park overall. The coasters regularly make "Best Of" lists, and the water park is great - there are actually two lazy rivers. I like water slides, so I loved all the ones we had, but there is enough to do if you don't want to deal with them.

It probably will be chilly, although who knows? We've had some crazy weather this year.

Out of curiosity, where is your family from? I live in Meadville now but grew up in Edinboro.

Have fun!

Travel Tips for Sandusky

Packing List

by hyperhyena

If you are going to Cedar Point, you might want to bring a change of clothes and shoes to the park in case you get soaked on one of the water rides. Maybe a poncho or something because it seems to rain there a lot. Sunscreen and sunglasses.

The Rip Cord at Cedar Point

by rossandkelli

Excuse me while I kiss the sky! Guests experience the sensation of flight as they soar through the air on the RipCord Skycoaster at Challenge Park. Flight-suited riders are tethered to a stainless steel aircraft cable and pulled upward from one of the ride's twin retractable launch pads to the top of an enormous 15-story launch tower. Once there, a designated flyer is instructed to pull the rip cord, sending the tethered group zooming down to within six feet above the ground below at speeds of up to an incredible 65 mph! Riders then complete their awesome journey by gliding through a 310-foot-long 'zoom zone' before returning safely back to the launch pad. RipCord's high capacity double launch towers accommodate up to six riders per flight.

The Sandusky State Theatre 1928

by Yaqui

This landmark has been servcing its community since 1928 with many venues of entertainment over its lifetime. The theatre can seat 1500 that underwent renovation in 1992. Now it's Erie County's largest not-for-profit arts organization.

BOX OFFICE

Monday - Friday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

"San~Dus~Tee" Sandusky

by Yaqui

"~"Tree City"~"

The first residents were the Seneca Native Americans. Sandusky means "San Too Chee" or "San~Dus~Tee", meaning "cold water." It become a home of the refugees from the Revolutionary War . Officially established in 1818 and grew due to its lakefront location in Sandusky Bay with access to Lake Erie. What is interesting about the beautiful downtown is some of the streets were planned to be in the shape of the Masonic lodge symbol called the The Kilbourne Plat. Straight from the City of Sandusky, "has some the most beautiful collections of historic architecture in the Midwest."

There is a lot to be said about the manhole covers in cities, because they are a wonderful piece of history. This is a lovely example of the pride a city took to even decorate their manhole cover usually with the city seal and date.

Comments