4600 Milan Rd (US 250), Sandusky, Ohio, 44870, United States

Great Wolf Lodge
Hotels.com Travelocity Otel.com

• hdh002's Profile Photo

Great family indoor waterpark

We were lucky enough to help open this hotel/waterpark a few years ago. The waterpark is family-friendly and the rooms are good size. Food costs are high in the hotel, but the location is fantastic. Plenty of eateries withing a mile.

Unique Quality: Indoor waterpark open reagrdless of outside weather.

Directions: State route 250 on the main road to Sandusky and area attractions

More about Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky

Great Stay at Great Bear Lodge!!

by TripAdvisor Member mysearcy

We stayed at the Great Bear Lodge (now called Great Wolf Lodge) on June 4-7, 2004. Rooms are a little pricey (we paid $206/night), but well worth it. The only negative thing was our room had a musty smell to it on the first day. We just opened the patio doors and aired it out. Other than that, it was cleaned everyday. The rest is all positive. They have a nice, huge indoor waterpark for kids of all ages with lots of different water activities and a outdoor pool. It appeared that they were adding more on to the waterpark. They have a huge game room with a ticket redemption counter. They have a couple of restaurants on-site - they were okay. The hotel is in a great area around a lot of stores, restaurants and theaters. It is also about 10 minutes away from Cedar Point Amusement Park and Soak City Waterpark, which I also recommend. Hotel staff was very friendly and always spoke to us. My husband and two kids (13 and 4) enjoyed the stay and we will definitely return and recommend it to others.

Great Wolf llives up to it's name!

by TripAdvisor Member COOLMAMAWOLFE

We just returned from a trip to the mid-West, and had one wonderful night at the Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky, Ohio. The kid cabin room was great fun; a separate room with bunk beds for the kids, a microwave and refrigerator as well! The water park was clean, well supervised and FUN! Our kids thought it was the greatest place ever!

Great Bear is great

Great Bear Lodge is just that GREAT. A perfect combination of kid water park fun with luxury comfort for the adults. We have 2 kids 8 and 10. They had a blast! My wife and I also enjoyed the water park. Lots of towels and lots of seating for us - with a bar close by. The room was very comfortable and everyone that worked there always greeted us with a smile. The food was good also. We plan to go again. I would recommend this to anyone with kids - go and enjoy!

Definitely Worth It

The Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky is definitely worth the trip! The room was spotless and well supplied with all the necessities. My children went to the water park several times and loved it. This hotel is located in the perfect place and the staff couldn't have been any nicer. We are looking forward to going back again in the future.

R & R at it's finest

My family and I stayed at the Great wolf Lodge in Sandusky, Ohio for 2 nights June 11, 2004. It was great. I felt so rejuvenated when I returned home. We went with my son's school as part of their end of the year Family Field Trip and we traveled by motorcoach from Detroit. My son is 8 and we took along my niece who's 7. They also had a wonderful time. In fact, DS got depressed when it was time to board the bus. The arcade was very nice, the waterpark was excellent. We played there for hours each day. The housekeeping staff was very good. One day when they were cleaning on our floor they let us look into a Kids suite, which I think I will reserve next trip. My only complaints are the size of the bathroom and the fact that the door opened into the already cramped bathroom. The sink was outside the bathroom. The balcony was very nice also. I sat out there and relaxed with a drink when DH took the kids to the waterpark one evening. We walked over the Meijer's the second day to purchase groceries. Wish I had known about it the first day. The refrigerator was more than big enough to store lunchment, milk, and juice. We also walked over to Steak & Shake one day for a very tasty lunch. The food on the premises was ok, but costly. I will definately return to the Great Bear Lodge for our family vacation.

I had so much fun!

We went here a few days ago and it was fun. we got the biggest room because we had 10 people. at the waterpark we found something for everyone. The food was good and the souviners were nice. I know we will come back next year!

Great Family mini-Vacation

Our family went just before Easter with our best friends. We had a very nice time. We are a well traveled family who enjoyd staying at many exclusive hotels, such as the Ritz. We had a tremendous time, the hotel was extremely clean. The staff was gracious and always pleasant. The food was good and reasonably priced for the quantity and quality. Even thought the hotel was sold-out, we never felt overly crowded in the waterpark. It was tough to find chairs and a table in the early afternoon, however a gracious guest offered to share his space. We had no problem finding a spot in the early morning, though. We had a really enjoyable time and are planning a return trip.

Kids Favorite

by TripAdvisor Member AHayes

It's not easy to find a decent hotel in Sandusky. You have to spend a few bucks for comfort. Great Wolf was great and worth the expense. The kids loved the all-day swimming in the water park. The chlorine smell was minimal, the food in the pool area was decent for the price and the rooms were pretty nice. The bathroom was too small especially when trying to peel clammy kids out of wet suits. But we had a great time and would definitely stay there again. Great Wolf is a destination all its own.

Way too NOISY!

My husband and I took our 7 year old to the lodge this past week. While the lodge is absolutely beautiful, and the waterpark was great, we were terribly disappointed with the amount of noise in the room. Considering the price and quality of the place in general, we were unimpressed with how little they seemed to spend in quality walls and doors to make the room quieter. Especially considering this is a family resort. When people were walking down the hall it was as loud as if our door were open. We even called in a complaint about some noise above us, which we have NEVER had to do at any other hotels we have stayed at. All we were told when we checked out was next time to ask for a room on the top floor. Don't think that would fix the problems completely....

Comments