Wingate Inn And Suites Sylvania Toledo

More about Sylvania

Travel Tips for Sylvania

Great place to relax

by WILDEFLOWER

This is a great place to relax with whoever you bring. They bring fresh piles of the dirt in often, so everyone can find fossils. There was other places to eat and we saw other parks and places to stay, but chose to go home after the day of exploring. Spending time with my husband of course! We are like two kids playing in dirt. We always have a great time when we go to these places. We met Some nice nuns while we were at the park. They said we made believers out of them!

Bring extra clothes

by WILDEFLOWER

You will get muddy. We brought extra shoes and clothes, socks etc... There is a porta potty there. I always bring extra toilet paper where ever I go just in case! I always bring a camera where ever I go and extra film. After cleaning the fossils I use zip lock bags to store my fossils to take home.

Sylvania Fossil Park

"Day Trip"

This is a nice day trip for a couple, family, schools or whoever enjoys the outdoors and some fossil digging and getting muddy. We found some nice pieces here in the piles provided by the park. Shovels are provided for adults only. Toothbrushes are aloud for cleaning. Water is provided for cleaning and a seperate tank for drinking water. Everyone we met seemed to really enjoy their visit and has returned many times so far since it has opened.

"Fossil Park Entrance"

Watch for the entrance across from a little Mall across the street. It is easy to miss. From Dayton, Ohio go North I-75 to I-475 West, get off Central go west. Turn Right at Centennial Rd. , The Park will be on the left side after all the gravel pits.

"Work Stations"

There are a few work stations to look thru your fossils and clean them. Bring a small bucket or cut out a gallon milk jug leaving the handle on(this works well too)for carrying your fossils in.

Comments