Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington

7007 North High St, (formerly Radisson Hotel), Worthington, Ohio, 43085, United States
Travelocity Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington

Never Again

This hotel will never be on my list again for a place to stay when traveling to Columbus. I went with a sport team and needed a room with minimum of two double beds. We came in to play a major two day volleyball tournament. So a good nights is a must. We prearanged exactly what we needed. But when I got to the hotel they only had rooms with one King size bed and a roll a away pre positioned at the room. This told me they over booked and new it. When I asked about compensation they said you have free breakfast coupons. I said that's fine but I pick hotels for sleep first!! When your playing volleyball all day and I'm 6'3 my daughter is 6'0 roll aways don't cut it. This doesn't even count my wife and younger son. We only stayed one night and that was one night two long. The hotel was clean and breakfast was good, but sleep comes first. So if your a team traveling to Columbus avoid this hotel. No mattter what they give you. We had two teams there and went through sales office. This was our clubs second time there and neither time did they get the rooms right. We will not make the mistake a third time.

Has seen better days

by TripAdvisor Member atstpier

This hotel has been in a decline for many years now. It started out a Hilton and is now down to Raddison. We stayed 5/30/2006. Bath is small. Beds have old linens. Our comforter was torn. The indoor pool was a bit cloudy. We pricelined it for $40 which was probably a fair price for this joint. Nice location.

Old and Dingy

by TripAdvisor Member byspecialarrangement

This was a business trip to Columbus. I used Priceline to book the room and selected a three-star ranking. Sorry, but this didn't live up to my previous experiences with Priceline's 3-star. Our room was a great distance from the lobby, it was old and smelled of mildew. The beds were uncomfortable. Generally I get a luxury stay from Priceline...this didn't measure up at all! Bathrooms are small with no ventilation. This hotel needs a major remodel....starting with the carpet and beds! Never again....

Never again

by TripAdvisor Member movingsoontoAZ

I booked this hotel through priceline and paid $40 a day. I was really excited about paying $40 a night for a 3 star hotel but this hotel certainly doesn't look like a 3 star hotel. Maybe about 1. Our bed was uncomfortable, linen had holes and rips everywhere. First we took the 2 bed room but didn't have a fridge which when I asked for it, they said it was $10 extra a day. Then I moved to the 1 king bed room and the wall lamp didn't work, the bathroom was tiny, carpet had holes, stains, smelly and just old looking. The worst part was that the front desk actually had the nerve to call me and told me to be quiet because there was an airline person sleeping right next door to mine at 7:00 pm.
I never tried the pool or the fitness center but didn't look too fantastic. No balcony or windows. The whole area is confusing because you can't go down to the first floor by elevator. There are more than 10 entrances where you can park your car right in front of your room (Which is good thing)but the entrance has stairs which is painful to bring luggages inside.
Walls are paper thin because I had guests next door banging on the wall because I was taking a shower late at night.
Staff were unprofessional. Looked stressed out.

Restaurant food was OK.

So awful

by TripAdvisor Member marciaandrob

This hotel is absolutely NOT up to Radisson hotel standards. I had to yell to get someone to show up to check me in. The hallways had carpet so faded that you would have to guess what the original colors were. It smelled like cat urine. When we got to the room, I almost cried. I booked through hotwire so I had no recourse. The room had holes in the comforters. The toilet was running. There was almost no light in the room, with a teeny tiny window. The bathroom was so small that two people could not fit in there at the same time. You had to step to the side of the toilet in order to shut the door. The air conditioner would never allow the room to cool down. UUUUGGGGHHHH. Do not stay here. I was excited to get here, since I have stayed in MANY Radissons before. I cannot believe that this was actually one.

Quite Surprised...

by TripAdvisor Member vozbelle

After reading reviews, I was bracing myself for horror upon check-in, maybe the preparation worked because it wasn't all that bad

Staying over one night on my road trip from Baltimore-St. Louis area, priceline bid of $43. Arrived weary and hungry around 7 p.m. Friday 8/11/2006. All they had available was 2 doubles, being that I am one person, not my dream, but they said they were full (I confirmed from the overflowing conference room I passed and the several large groups gathered in the lobby).

Do be aware there are several entrances, note where the lobby is, park your car, check-in, then move car to your location. Don't haul your stuff in like me and have to move car around the building!

Room was adequate size, actually I found large for 2 double room.

Upon inspection I found the bathroom and linens to be acceptable.

Bed linens are typical "itchy" material, no real comforter but made do.

When hotel staff called to see if room was okay I inquired about a refrigerator for my travel goodies, sent one right up free of charge. Maintenance man had some trouble finding a plug but he was very nice.

Free local calls- ordered in Pizza (delivery guy pleasant as well, he liked my glasses!), watched decent cable selection and off to bed!

This hotel is in need of some updating and renovation but I was lucky I suppose!

Seasoned traveler-must have lucked out with a good stay!

by TripAdvisor Member vmarshcpa

Let me first state that I'm an active traveler for both business and personal purposes. I booked this trip to Columbus as a somewhat unplanned trip---last minute over the Labor day holiday. Having read Tripadvisor reviews, I bid around $40 on Priceline and ended up here and was a little worried about this establishment as a result of the reviews. Either Radisson has finally caught onto the negative reviews and feedback or I really lucked out. I checked in early (around 3:00) because I was concerned that I would need to deal with getting another room or dealing with problems.

At the front desk, I was met with mostly professional service agents---I'm sure they were trying be professional but I was wary. Yes, the office is detached from the more colonial type hotel but my room was easy to find. My reservation was easily changed from a double bed room to a king sized bed. With a planned trip for only one night, I really didn't need a suite or refrigerator, so I was fine with a standard king room. They provided a map to my room and told me what number to call if I had problems. Yes, I left the lobby and drove to my room, but that was because other reviewers here suggested that and it was no problem. I was told that there were a couple of entrances but I should take the one that provided the elevator for my own ease. The housekeeping staff was still cleaning rooms and yes, the hotel itself is a little antiquated but perhaps the hotel is updating the wing I stayed in. I don't think the smell was of anything bad---mostly of air/room freshener.

The room itself was acceptable-especially for the price. The air contioner was running----the water in the sink, shower and toilet worked fine. After being there about a half-hour, I received a phone call from the front desk checking on whether everything was 'okay' or did I need anything. I guess I wasn't totally surprised given other feedback, but it was nice to see the proactive effort to address visitor concerns rather than waiting for the guest to contact them. The shower, toilet, sink, air condtioner, and TV all worked fine. It looked like they must have done recent renovations to the space-you could see the evidence of efforts on the carpeting, ceiling, and air conditioner. The bed was a little hard, but I like a firm feel. An add-on value would have been a couple of extra pillows or blankets for comfort. The toiletries were decent and standard. TV did not provide for online checkout but did offer movies. A few small stains on the side chair but nothing unacceptable. The bedspreadh was standard polyster/cotton blend---no duvet cover but decent enough. You can remove it if you are concerned. The positioning of the electrical outlet for the lamp and alarm clock behind the bed could've been better so that pushing the bed against the wall wouldn't cut off your power to these items.

Bottom line for me---ended up being quiet, the bedding was clean with no holes or anything questionable, electrical/equipment worked fine, and the service was better than expected. I've stayed at so many places in my travel---maybe I'm jaded but I've seen so much worse and so much better that this particular establishment actually above the norm in some respects---likely in response to negative feedback. Contact me if you have more questions. I did not use the pool or restaurant---being a holiday weekend, not all that crowded but did not have to pay for parking. At a priceline cost-it worked out just fine.

We had our Wedding Reception here-a tragedy!

by TripAdvisor Member kfrost

1.) Guest Room Rates ($76, being charged $86) were not correct in front desk computer system until 1 ½ weeks before wedding.
2.) Head table was set for 11 instead of 9 as discussed in meeting w/ Della the 1st weekend of August.
3.) We rented a LCD projector with screen from the Radisson. (A map had been given to the head of Banquets) The LCD projector was placed on a far side of the room-my DJ had to use a wireless microphone for the audio-nobody could here the music and ½ of our guests could not see the video that was very special to us.
4.) The final count of 143 guests was given to Della-Catering Manager. The Banquet hall was set for 140-including the head table. We were guaranteed 5% over our head count for food and seats. I had guests without seats-a family of 3 was told to eat at separate tables and a group of guests ended up leaving b/c there was not seats for them.
5.) The food was excellent, but at $31.95 per plate our guests did not get to enjoy it. The servers started taking our guests barely eaten plates off of the tables while others were still being served. My groom and I combined a plate and had our Best Man look after the plate-we started going to each table and greeting our guests, and wanted to eat later. Our Best Man comes up to us about 15 minutes later telling us that the server took our plate of food-after being told not to touch the plate. This happened to over ½ of our guests!
6.) Champagne glasses and specialty drink glasses that were half full were taken off of our guests tables, the head table and my parents table without permission. This happened to over ½ of our guests.
7.) All of our guests-Friday, Saturday and Sunday night-including our “Do Not Disturb” honeymoon suite was awoken by housekeeping at 8:30am and 9:00 am every morning.
8.) We initially set up brunch to be held the day after the reception to open gifts and spend a few last moments with our families before going on our honeymoon. Our brunch was an extra amount attached as an “option” to each guests hotel room rate. The restaurant was closed all weekend and we did not find out until Monday morning that the “special room” was the front lobby-where the whole hotel received a complimentary breakfast.
9.) Due to the inconvenience of not having a group breakfast that had a wait of over an hour-we had to go off grounds and needed an extension for checkouts on 5 rooms. We were given clearance on 3 rooms but not 5.
10.) We left the front desk at @ 12:15pm and headed to our “Complimentary Presidential Suite-with Complimentary late checkout.” Our door was open and there was 1 housekeeping cart in the hallway and one guy walking out of our room with a dirty laundry cart. The lady housekeeper came out of our room and I kept them both there in the hallway. We told them that we did not check out. I remembered that we had a case of pop and water and a ¾ full bottle of Tequila-I asked them both where those items were. The man repeated that “the room was empty”-after 10 minutes of repeated questioning, the woman housekeeper got the man to confess. He said, “Oh, we thought this was trash” and handed me the Tequila bottle off of her cart. I pointed at a box that I saw on her cart and he said, "Oh, we were taking this to the front desk for you…” he pulled out of her cart two boxes full of our water and pop. Then 10 minutes later the Housekeeping Manager came to the door and brought my cell phone claiming the staff turned it in a “long time ago.”
11.) We called the police. The items that are still missing and have not gotten a response about are my earrings worth @ $75-$150 and 6 used disposable wedding cameras.
I have contacted the GM for this location repeatedly the first week (he was in meetings) and VJ never called me back. I spoke with and had email correspondence with the head of Customer Service-Joanne Houston, and I have not gotten a response for over 2 weeks

What happened?

by TripAdvisor Member dsross12

This hotel is OK to stay in, it's just that I remember how much better it use to look inside. I also expected more since it the hotel is part of the Radisson chain. The toliet was running all night and the bathtub's stopper was broken and was just laying in the tub. Since I checked in late at night and was staying just one night I wasn't in the mood to ask to change rooms or get the toliet fixed.

Priceline rated this hotel a three star, but it's two instead. No way pay full price to stay here.

Radisson did the job

by TripAdvisor Member GueraBride

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson in Worthington, OH the first weekend of Feb. I just don't understand all the complaints from previous posters. I found the hotel to be clean and sufficient. We had a king size bed on the third floor. The room itself was nice, nothing fancy, but nice. It had a mini fridge and a nice cabinet with glasses and an ice bucket. The tv and cable was fine and the heat worked great.

I paid $50.00 a night through a priceline bid, but found out later that I could have gotten it cheaper, but for $50, it was great. There were a few negatives things about the hotel, but they didn't make the stay bad. My complaints would be that the hotel is not one big building. You have to drive to your hotel room's building and walk to it. But again, not too big of a deal, it was just very cold that weekend, so it was kind of a pain. My other complaint was there wasn't an elevator at our entrance so we had to walk up stairs lugging our luggage up them as well. Again, it wasn't that bad, but we are young and fit, so some people might find it more inconvenient. Don't get me wrong, there are elevators throughout the hotel, but they are placed in different parts of the hotel, so sometimes it's just easier to take the stairs. Another little complaint I have was there were just 3 thin pillows on the bed. If I would have known this, I would have gotten more from the front desk when I checked in or brought some from home, I didn't want to ask for more, b/c I assumed I would have had to go pick them up since there was only one person working the front desk at the time and I didn't want to go out in the cold again. So that's a definite tip to all of you future travelers, "Ask for MORE pillows at the front desk".

Also housecleaning knocked on our door at like 8:00 AM while we were still sleeping and that was pretty annoying. So make sure you put the "Do Not Disturb" sign up before you go to bed if you want to sleep in. Housekeeping did do a nice job of cleaning our room and replenished our towels and tolietries when we returned from our day.

Like I said before, we booked through priceline so we kind of got treated like second class citizens. The Radisson has sleep number beds in most of the rooms, but people that use priceline don't get access to those rooms since we paid a lower rate. But I would rather pay $50 then a $100 and something just for a better bed. Also, the bed was very hard, but we both got a good night's sleep on it suprisingly.

The city of Worthington, OH is very nice. There is lot's of nice restaurants nearby and a small shopping mall. I felt safe at all times in this area. You are also very close to major roadways, so you have easy access to all that Columbus has to offer. I enjoyed my stay at the Radisson and would return again if I was in the area.

Comments