2804 N Main St, Altus, OK 73521

Satisfaction Average

Travel Tips for Altus

Wave - It's a Courtesy

by misty_lynne

Being away for over 6 years, I forgot how friendly folks are back home. It's nearly impossible to travel down the back country roads and not be waved at by an old-timer or sandy farmer. It's not an insult; it's not that you look like someone they once knew; it's simply good manners.

I think we should all take time no matter our schedule, our destination, our culture and simply wave as we pass one another. At the very least, it reminds us that we're all human and on this world together. A simple flick of the hand and you've connected with another. Simple and over-analyzing? Probably. But I miss it. So I'll see ya on the road, on the back stretch, on the way home, but until then ***waves*** have a good one! (HAGO!)

OK is the best

by wendy33

Me and my ex-husband were traveling to cleveland, ohio. When the motor blew-up in our chevy blazer. Luckily we broke down in front of a gas station. Altus has an air force base in it. There was really nothing spectacular about that town except for the people there. One of the guys from the base stopped and asked if he could help well he gave us a ride to Toledo, Ohio. The people at the gas station aloowed me, my children and my ex-husband to stay at there house until the guy from the base could get away. We made the trip within 24 hours to Toledo, Ohio where we thanked him. I called my dad who picked us up and that's the last time we saw him. I still get a little teary-eyed thinking about how things could have tuned out. We never went back to Altus but I did send the title to those people at the gas station to sell our blazer and all of our stuff. This just goes to prove that there are good descent people still living around us

Comments